Sponsored by:

Rear ended - I am devastated

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Rear ended - I am devastated

Very sad day! I was stopped at the freeway metering light and was rear ended. I'm fine other than some minor airbag lactations on my face, all the airbags went. The guy that hit me was injured, maybe a broken femur. I hope his is okay.

The drivers front hit the concrete barrier, not too bad compared to the passenger rear that was trashed.

I got this 2024 C2S allocation in November and took delivery in May. I loved my build, I would not change a thing! I know it's just a car, but I am still devastated. I keep and maintain my cars for a long time, I had many plans to keep this one for a very long time. I had just finished all of the mods I wanted to make: M-Engineering tune, Matrix Plus LED's mods, ResoNex sound treatment).
A like build is now unavailable, Adventurine Green, C2S with 7 speed manual and Exclusive manufacturer interior in Cohiba brown.

Now I am waiting to hear from my insurance. My mind is racing on what happens next. I thought I would come here just to help me get through this unfortunate event.

Be safe out there!
Still in shock,
Earle

not a good day
The following 16 users liked this post by Earle:
aggie57 (Today), breny4104 (Yesterday), Butzi (Yesterday), CanAutM3 (Yesterday), DC1960 (Today), elvisdoc (Today), fester (Today), Icegrill (Yesterday), Jimjamz (Today), MeissenBlue992 (Today), notcarbonated (Yesterday), Onami (Today), remington (Today), silverscooby27 (Today), TimD (Today), venom_gt3 (Yesterday) and 11 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 955 Likes on 531 Posts

Does the other driver have insurance? There are so many uninsured drivers on the road now, especially in a state like CA.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure if he had insurance, I did not communicate with him. He was trapped in his car. The fire department extracted him and loaded him directly into the Ambulance.
I do pay extra for uninsured motorist, really no reason not to in todays world.
My wife got rear ended earlier this year by an uninsured motorist. Fortunately her 4Runner had a class 3 hitch that protected her.

Originally Posted by nyca
Does the other driver have insurance? There are so many uninsured drivers on the road now, especially in a state like CA.
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 108 Posts

Oh god!!! I am SO sorry!! Glad you are ok. There's only one of you, Porsche can make you another 911!!
The following 6 users liked this post by Risley:
breny4104 (Yesterday), cdpippolo (Yesterday), Earle (Yesterday), Icegrill (Yesterday), Jimjamz (Today), Johnson369 (Today) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Man, I'm sorry to read this. Glad you're ok! And your wife got hit this year? Time to play the lottery.
The following 6 users liked this post by Butzi:
breny4104 (Yesterday), Earle (Yesterday), Icegrill (Yesterday), Jimjamz (Today), McNamara (Yesterday), Risley (Yesterday) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 508 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Earle
Very sad day! I was stopped at the freeway metering light and was rear ended. I'm fine other than some minor airbag lactations on my face, all the airbags went. The guy that hit me was injured, maybe a broken femur. I hope his is okay.

The drivers front hit the concrete barrier, not too bad compared to the passenger rear that was trashed.

I got this 2024 C2S allocation in November and took delivery in May. I loved my build, I would not change a thing! I know it's just a car, but I am still devastated. I keep and maintain my cars for a long time, I had many plans to keep this one for a very long time. I had just finished all of the mods I wanted to make: M-Engineering tune, Matrix Plus LED's mods, ResoNex sound treatment).
A like build is now unavailable, Adventurine Green, C2S with 7 speed manual and Exclusive manufacturer interior in Cohiba brown.

Now I am waiting to hear from my insurance. My mind is racing on what happens next. I thought I would come here just to help me get through this unfortunate event.

Be safe out there!
Still in shock,
Earle

not a good day
I hope everyone is okay. But my condolences... there's nothing like going through the process of a custom build - allocation/configurator play/watching TYD incessantly, tracking the ship, and finally delivery; it makes the car that much more special.

The fact that it's an MT is going to make it (for a while anyway) difficult to replace to you satisfaction.

I wish you good luck and I'm sure everything will work out for you in the end.
The following 2 users liked this post by breny4104:
Earle (Yesterday), Icegrill (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 984 Likes on 462 Posts

Worst fear for most on here, in regards to our cars. So glad you’re relatively uninjured. At least it’s totaled but not replaceable 1 for 1. Best of luck!
The following 5 users liked this post by Icegrill:
azmcarroll (Yesterday), breny4104 (Yesterday), Earle (Yesterday), Master Deep (Today), rob929 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM
smilin
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 150 Posts

i’m a hugger…here’s a big virtual hug. glad that you’re mostly ok. i’ve been there, and know that it’s frustrating and is going to take time to resolve. just happy that it’s not literally a pain in the ***.
The following 2 users liked this post by smilin:
Earle (Yesterday), Risley (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

I hoped we fulfilled our accident quota for the next few years when she got rear-ended. It was not to be.

Thanks for you support, I appreciate it.

It is unfortunate that the odds of getting hit in an accident are much more than winning the lottery. I think many drivers are distracted.

Originally Posted by Butzi
Man, I'm sorry to read this. Glad you're ok! And your wife got hit this year? Time to play the lottery.
The following users liked this post:
Butzi (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Thank you for the virtual hug, I appreciate it. This all helps.
I am rotating Ice packs on my neck, we will see how I feel in the morning. I will say the sadness, frustration, anger and adrenaline is not trivial.
Renlist helps! Great group of folks!
Originally Posted by smilin
i’m a hugger…here’s a big virtual hug. glad that you’re mostly ok. i’ve been there, and know that it’s frustrating and is going to take time to resolve. just happy that it’s not literally a pain in the ***.
Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM
heidorn
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Very sorry this happened and glad you are okay and hope the other guy is too! Great engineering to absorb that much force from the hit and keep everyone safe.

Best of luck with the insurance and your replacement.

Last edited by heidorn; Today at 07:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Earle (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,477 Likes on 538 Posts

Gutted for you brother. Worst nightmare stuff. Glad to hear you are ok.
​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by Fishah:
Earle (Yesterday), Icegrill (Today)
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by Earle

Be safe out there!
Still in shock,
Earle

not a good day

Gutted for you O.P.! I dread this ever happening, especially since I respond to these types of calls multiple times a day. Thankfully you had adequate insurance coverage, but I know that doesn’t make it any better.
The following 2 users liked this post by M3Inline6:
Earle (Yesterday), Icegrill (Today)
Old Today, 12:04 AM
TTSDDS
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I’m a fellow Bay Area Porsche owner. Sorry for your situation. There is so much traffic on our freeways I always cringe when I stop on the freeway hoping the guy behind me stops short of my bumper. Hope everything works out for you.
The following 3 users liked this post by TTSDDS:
Butzi (Today), Earle (Today), Icegrill (Today)
Old Today, 12:15 AM
PJSD
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 60 Posts

Hey I'm an injury accident lawyer here in CA, glad you are not injured! That is the most important thing above all else. Typically the other guys insurance will just cover the loss, assuming his/her property damage limits are high enough... your car is probably totaled, I assume. Most folks don't carry +$100k in property damage. In which case, your own insurance will cover the loss. Other things I would look at is whether other driver was in the course/scope of his employment, driving for Uber, Lyft, Postmates, or other app based delivery/transport... reason is that there could be additional insurance coverage. Best of luck to you, if you'd like to DM me with questions happy to help.
The following 9 users liked this post by PJSD:
asuresh8 (Today), azmcarroll (Today), Butzi (Today), Earle (Today), Icegrill (Today), McNamara (Today), Nandska (Today), Onami (Today), tomtomtomtom (Today) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Rear ended - I am devastated