Sponsored by:

2024 Carrera T CPO

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2024, 07:49 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by sk911
So MSRP was 147,300....this car has 800 miles...what was done to add the $2200?

Does it have full or partial PPF?

​ Is the dealer adding additional maintenance scheduling at no charge?

Its a 2024 "T" with 800 miles with no 2025 "T" announced yet, so a discount is probably not going to happen...you may ask for other perks though.

Since this is a CPO...it will have a factory warranty until 2030.

Couple of suggestions and points....
  • The PDK doesn't drive any different than a manual...other than the manual is slower Head to head with a PDK since a human cannot shift as fast as a PDK. so if you want a PDK...buy it...unless a manual owner wants to buy you a manual T
  • Unless you know the previous owner...we have no idea why its for sale...to say it was, because of the PDK is a unfounded conclusion.
  • I have not seen any data showing the manual T are in demand more than PDK's...nor have I seen any data from Porsche that a manual T have outsold PDK "T "s...both transmissions are awesome.
  • This car has ventilated seats...this means no "T" Sport-tex seat centers and no "911" embroidered headrest...you'll get regular leather seats...front and back with no embroidery. So if you don't live in a climate that sees extreme heat, you'll probably rarely use the ventilation system.
  • Aero kit, LCA, No sunroof, leather interior are all personal preference.
CPO is 3500 dollars
recently a Porsche dealer bought a low mileage 2024 T from another dealer for 10 k below MSRP and sold it for MSRP with cpo
I think anything around 142 k is a reasonable price
Old 09-01-2024, 08:00 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Why not just get a new base 911. It will have the same seat of the pants horsepower, & more tuning potential (larger brakes, turbos, intercoooler) than this T, and you could spec it as you want? Since you dont mind PDK it would be the same. ~150 would give you a very nice brand new build.

Just an example:
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS3D6647

The only reason to get a T at this price is if you are getting a manual, and are set on the spec.

Last edited by TheDrivenGarage; 09-01-2024 at 08:16 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:29 AM
luscioman
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think this is an weird build. The point of a T is having a manual. I would look for an S or Gts with an aerokit for that price.
Old Yesterday, 12:53 AM
BigRed911
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

That’s what I am going to do. It makes sense for me to go with a 2025 911 Carrera and spec it like I want. Anyone know if there will be adequate allocations going out to dealers? This 911 will reside in Florida full time so I would like to go through a local dealer. I have zero experience with Florida P dealers. Can anyone recommend a Florida dealer they had a good experience with in the Bonita Springs, Naples or Ft Myers area?
Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM
luscioman
AutoX

Use Paul Gavel at Naples Porsche. Dm me if needed.
The following users liked this post:
BigRed911 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by 981KMAN
PDK on a T = Oxymoron

So is a PDK on a GT3 RS an oxymoron?
Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM
luscioman
AutoX

Originally Posted by Risley
So is a PDK on a GT3 RS an oxymoron?
I have a friend with one. Hisnplate is gt3pdk
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM
division
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by GTorBUST
the 7MT is not even a true manual, its a modified PDK, you want a real manual get the 6MT in a GT3, or a Tremec
I'll take a "not even true" manual over any automatic transmission any day.
Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM
FlatSixT
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I test drove a 7MT, the gates are way too close together, mis shifts are very possible I imagine, PDK all the way >>>>
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,460 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatSixT
I test drove a 7MT, the gates are way too close together, mis shifts are very possible I imagine, PDK all the way >>>>
Nope, non issue.
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 974 Likes on 458 Posts

Gates are very close. Sixth to fifth had to be very deliberate but after 1000 miles seems to be much more fluid.
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM
sk911
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRed911
That’s what I am going to do. It makes sense for me to go with a 2025 911 Carrera and spec it like I want. Anyone know if there will be adequate allocations going out to dealers? This 911 will reside in Florida full time so I would like to go through a local dealer. I have zero experience with Florida P dealers. Can anyone recommend a Florida dealer they had a good experience with in the Bonita Springs, Naples or Ft Myers area?
Don't think anyone mentioned the features not available as standard equipment or available as options on a .1 or .2 base...
  1. Limited slip LSD...standard equip on T, S , and GTS...not available in a .1 or .2 base
  2. PASM Sport...standard equip on T, S , and GTS...not available in a .1 or .2 base
  3. Sport chrono and Sport exhaust....standard equip on T and GTS..option on .1 and .2 base
  4. Short throw 7speed manual...standard equip on T and GTS...not available in a .1 or .2 base
  5. Lightweight insulated glass...standard equip on T ...option for a .1 or .2 base
  6. Lighter chassis (less sound deadening)...standard equip on T ...not available in a .1 or .2 base
992's are fine sport cars, and we all like a spirited drive every now and then...but since neither base can or will be fitted from the factory with the above items, so it makes sense that neither will out handle or out perform a "T" missing the above standard features.
​​​​​
Be weary of thinking a .1"T" and a .1 or .2 base are the same cars...street driving, they feel pretty much the same...its the spirited driving where the difference is noticed.
​​​​​​
So if you choose a base or "T"... make sure its the car that right for you.
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
double-o-seven
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 60 Posts

Disagree. Gate spacing is very good. I think there is no real over-crowding of gearshifts in ZF 7 speed manual, as the 7th gear gets locked out from engagement unless the driver is shifting from the 5th or the 6th.

Having said that, a direct-mounted manual shifter like the MX-5 has a better shift feel, at any price point.

What I like about my Carrera T is its purist purpose as a sports car and its lightweight curb weight among the 992. Only S/T is lighter than the T with manual.

Quick Reply: 2024 Carrera T CPO