Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me, a 2022 Porsche 911 992.1 GTS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2024, 02:34 PM
sids
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
MT and Aerokit are great. I'd make some other changes but its got good bones.
Thank you - I'd be happy to understand what changes you'd make. I also have some ideas (e.g. getting rid of that "porsche" sticker on the sides) but its always good to get a take from a fellow enthusiast!
Old 09-06-2024, 05:26 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,211 Likes on 727 Posts

I like your side stripe. Mine was too busy and too many words besides it duplicates the rear badge, so I removed it and now it looks naked. I may put one like yours back on.

Last edited by Cartod; 09-06-2024 at 05:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
sids (09-10-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 09:59 PM
slategrau
3rd Gear

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sids
Hey everyone - Just wanted to share my experience of picking up a 2022 Porsche 911 GTS (Manual) and the unforgettable 500-mile drive back home. It’s been a dream of mine to own a 911, and finally, I took the plunge!

Background

Probably like everyone else, it took me some time to really find the spec that I wanted and for the mileage that I was comfortable with. My only prior experience of driving 911’s (and keeping them for some time) was my time in south east Asia where I would drive 996s and 997s but after that, family, kids and job took most of the time and spent in SUVs just wondering when I could get my own 911.

Having saved up some, back in 2023, I started looking for cars (only in manual transmissions since I just find engagement at totally different level, nothing against PDK, it’s an awesome transmission!) mostly 991.1 or 991.2 owing to my budget, but I just could not find that perfect one that spoke to me, I even posted on rennlist about buying advise but could not find what I wanted. It appeared as if cars in manual transmissions get sold very very fast! The specs that were important to me;
  • Coupe
  • Manual Transmission
  • FAL
  • RAS (preferably)
  • CPO with low mileage
Found one!

After months of researching and weighing my options, I found (thanks to Rennlist!) the perfect 911 GTS with a manual transmission but it was in Tucson. This was a 922 though, which meant I needed to stretch my budget a bit more. This also meant I needed to really commit in order to fly there and either have it shipped back or I could drive it back myself. Thankfully, PORSCHE TUCSON (Dana Dunham and Wayne Lemon) made it really easy to purchase out of state!

It’s a GTS, and as such I was happy to squeeze in my budget for more power and performance than the standard Carrera/s (A GT3 remains a dream, maybe one day!) Plus, the Aerokit made it stand out in just the right way.

When I arrived at the dealership, seeing the car in person for the first time was a surreal moment. The sleek lines, the iconic shape—it was all there. The GTS is in Dolomite Silver with all the options that I wanted. After a quick walkthrough of the car's features and signing the paperwork, it was time for the real adventure: the drive home!

The Drive

From the moment I started the engine, I knew I was in for a treat. The sound of the flat-six is something that every enthusiast should experience at least once in their life. It's raw, mechanical, and pure—exactly what I wanted from a 911.

The first few miles were spent getting familiar with the car, but it didn’t take long for everything to feel natural. The clutch is perfectly weighted, and the shifter clicks into gear with a satisfying precision. Having test driven the 991.2, I found the shifter just much more precise in the 992 in comparison. The steering, as expected, is sharp and communicative. Every input feels direct, and the car responds instantly. I can see why people say this is one of the best driver's cars out there.

Once I hit the open road, the 500 miles ahead of me felt more like a privilege than a chore. Winding through scenic backroads, I had the opportunity to really connect with the car. The 911 GTS offers the perfect balance of performance and comfort, making long drives both exhilarating and easy. I found myself taking detours just to stretch out the experience.

Just a note about Fuel Economy, I was truly pleasantly surprised to see my overall trip avg consumption showing 28 mpg - definitely not too shabby!

Final Thoughts

By the time I rolled into my driveway, I had a huge grin on my face and a newfound appreciation for the Porsche 911. The journey wasn’t just about getting the car home—it was about fully enjoying the driving experience that this car offers. From start to finish, the 911 GTS lived up to (and exceeded) my expectations.

If you’re on the fence about buying a 911, especially a manual GTS, I say go for it. You won’t regret it. This car is everything I hoped for and more, and I can’t wait for many more miles of driving pleasure. In fact, I am daily driving this car, and for the first time in my life, I wished for a longer commute to work!

Happy motoring!
Beautiful spec, congrats! GT Silver is one of my favorite colors.
sids (09-10-2024)
Old 09-09-2024, 10:25 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 913 Likes on 560 Posts

I'm generally not a fan of silver cars or black wheels but man, this spec is beautiful! The gloss black Aerokit and mirrors and the side decal just sets it all off. Checks all of the mechanical option boxes too. Only thing to do is to swap out the orange side markers for ROW clears and it would be complete perfection. Big props to the person who originally ordered this.

Last edited by rasetsu; 09-09-2024 at 10:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by rasetsu:
sids (09-10-2024), slategrau (09-09-2024)
Old 09-10-2024, 02:03 AM
sids
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rasetsu
I'm generally not a fan of silver cars or black wheels but man, this spec is beautiful! The gloss black Aerokit and mirrors and the side decal just sets it all off. Checks all of the mechanical option boxes too. Only thing to do is to swap out the orange side markers for ROW clears and it would be complete perfection. Big props to the person who originally ordered this.
Thank you! Done. It was literally my first physical mod (after matrix LED lights!) :-)

Clear Side Markers from Suncoast!
rasetsu (09-10-2024)
Old 09-10-2024, 02:10 AM
sids
Intermediate

Originally Posted by slategrau
Beautiful spec, congrats! GT Silver is one of my favorite colors.
Thank you, It's actually Dolomite Silver - wasn't my original choice (I was looking for GT Silver), but its absolutely stunning in person - it has certain understated yet stealthy look to it, which I absolutely love!

Quick Reply: New to me, a 2022 Porsche 911 992.1 GTS!