Sponsored by:

The first honest 992.2 review?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 10:44 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,513 Likes on 942 Posts

Originally Posted by Crusje
He's had a bunch of Porsche loaners over the years. It's funny though. Anything negative and people will call it a clickbait nothing review. People only want fluff to justify their purchase I guess
You missed my point. Porsche marketing will black ball anyone who gives a negative review....truthful or not. "No soup for you!"
Old Today, 11:18 AM
R N M
Racer

Received 257 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
Seems like he did not research the things that annoyed him - most can be disabled or not ordered.

Regarding depreciation, does he have a crystal ball? Does the 911 base now has more depreciation because it is 10k cheaper?

By the way I agree he is a fine reviewer but this review was kind of shallow and not because he did like the car.

But I will try to find his 992.1 base car review - if someone liked the 992.1 base, what is the reason not to like the 992.2 base which is the same car with bigger turbos and a few other improvements?
Did you watch the review lol

He never said it couldn’t be turned off but you have to do it each time you start the car and go to subset of menus.

He also filmed getting bunch of warnings during his drive about slippery road etc even though he was in Sport mode.

He mentioned Depreciation because the base car costs significantly more now than in the past so the value proposition is not as strong from the outset.
The following users liked this post:
rmb1973 (Today)
Old Today, 11:49 AM
2SG5
AutoX

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by R N M
He mentioned Depreciation because the base car costs significantly more now than in the past so the value proposition is not as strong from the outset.
This is assuming that they wont continue to jack up the prices year over year. From the initial release of the 992 to now , the base msrp has increased by 20k. The y/y increase in starting msrp is what has benefited value retention. I would expect to see a 2-3k bump in starting msrp for model year 2026. so this trend should continue.
Old Today, 11:54 AM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 702 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by R N M
He never said it couldn’t be turned off but you have to do it each time you start the car and go to subset of menus.
Which thing can’t be turned off permanently by using profiles or individual mode? Additionally - doesn’t he know that LCA or LKA are optional and he should at least mention it?

He also filmed getting bunch of warnings during his drive about slippery road etc even though he was in Sport mode.
Not sure if wet mode can be disabled - I think using individual mode - but in my experience it is a very good safety technology. If his sensor over reacted then it needs either cleaning, resetring or fixing.

Again. How does substantial depreciation increase come into play if a 130-150k car price increases about 10k-15k i.e less than 10% and its price will continue increasing in the future - similar to other brands of course?

Last edited by silversurfer6; Today at 12:02 PM.
Old Today, 11:58 AM
autozero
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SG5
This is assuming that they wont continue to jack up the prices year over year. From the initial release of the 992 to now , the base msrp has increased by 20k. The y/y increase in starting msrp is what has benefited value retention. I would expect to see a 2-3k bump in starting msrp for model year 2026. so this trend should continue.
The problem is two fold:

1) Porsche hasn't yet seen sales of the 911 deteriorate due to higher prices. It is inevitable that at some point they will and they will need to chill out on price increases and growing their margin at the expense of customer satisfaction. I think the 992.2 could be the generation where this is realized (and I have one of the first 992.2s on the way)

2) The competition is also raising prices. I would love to jump ship and try something else but Mercedes and Aston Martin all raised their prices considerably even more than Porsche. There simply aren't very many options that I can point at and say I would feel better about than a 911 --- the whole car market is going in the wrong direction. I'm talking about the base and lower trim 911s that I see as a daily driver vs the more higher end stuff which competes with truly exotic brands.

Old Today, 12:13 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,815 Likes on 5,163 Posts

I feel like Luke's reviews are more about him, him getting coffee, him driving around scenic roads, etc. than the actual car itself.

Whatever car he is reviewing is only there to allow him to showcase himself, hear his own voice, and pan around the scenic views of Switzerland and the rest of Europe.

High production quality, low information quotient.
The following users liked this post:
2SG5 (Today)
Old Today, 12:15 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 938 Likes on 523 Posts

I don't even see the LKA option in the .2, it looks like they call it ALK now and its folded into the Innodrive option.

I think Porsche has a big problem in the Cayenne slot. They have lost the "chic/status" factor that the top two Range Rover models have, as well the the G-wagon from Mercedes. I think people are cross shopping the Cayenne against the X5 and the GLE and the Porsche is much more expensive and only appeals to people who want the Porsche brand at any price.
Old Today, 12:21 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,815 Likes on 5,163 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
I don't even see the LKA option in the .2, it looks like they call it ALK now and its folded into the Innodrive option.

I think Porsche has a big problem in the Cayenne slot. They have lost the "chic/status" factor that the top two Range Rover models have, as well the the G-wagon from Mercedes. I think people are cross shopping the Cayenne against the X5 and the GLE and the Porsche is much more expensive and only appeals to people who want the Porsche brand at any price.
Was the Cayenne ever a competitor to the G Wagen? Or the Range Rover SV?

Those SUVs play in the Cullinan and Bentayga sphere. I don't think the Cayenne was ever there to begin with.
Old Today, 12:26 PM
adm63
Pro

Received 912 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I feel like Luke's reviews are more about him, him getting coffee, him driving around scenic roads, etc. than the actual car itself.

Whatever car he is reviewing is only there to allow him to showcase himself, hear his own voice, and pan around the scenic views of Switzerland and the rest of Europe.

High production quality, low information quotient.
Agreed, they have always felt like high production vlogs to me.
Old Today, 12:29 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 938 Likes on 523 Posts

Not the Range Rover Sport. The Land Rover interiors are a knockout.
Old Today, 03:00 PM
McNamara
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by 3520MMF
Kinda like a current 992.1 owner posting a clickbait vid to justify their purchase. It’s funny though
I believe he has a 991.2 GT3 RS. Not sure who this straw man is you're referring to.

I agree with ipse dixit Luke's videos are definitely not a wealth of information. They're slick driving videos showcasing the Swiss alps as much as the cars. Porsche would be unwise to blackball him. He's made some beautiful videos featuring their cars.
Old Today, 03:11 PM
3520MMF
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by McNamara
I believe he has a 991.2 GT3 RS. Not sure who this straw man is you're referring to.

I agree with ipse dixit Luke's videos are definitely not a wealth of information. They're slick driving videos showcasing the Swiss alps as much as the cars. Porsche would be unwise to blackball him. He's made some beautiful videos featuring their cars.

Luke posted this ? I was referring to the the poster of the vid. Move along

Last edited by 3520MMF; Today at 03:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: The first honest 992.2 review?