neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 431 Likes on 281 Posts

Old Today, 07:23 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,224 Likes on 1,486 Posts

Originally Posted by chiapet15
I highly recommend Guardsman Protect and Preserve for Leather because it’s easily absorbed by the leather and leaves a protective, low-sheen finish that significantly reduces dye transfer onto lighter leathers. Any dye transfer onto a protected surface is easily wiped off with a damp microfiber (re-apply the protectant after removing any transfer because it acts as a sacrificial layer). I have been using it for 8+ years on a luxor beige interior with great success, making dye transfer a non-issue.
Careful with Guardsman Products, we have had incidents where they caused de-lamination of the topcoat on hides in years past. Guardsman has a program where they have dealers "sell" their coatings to new furniture buyers before they take delivery of their new leather sofa/chair/etc. Think dealer-applied ceramic coating as it relates to a car. I had customers come to my store (now closed since I am retired) with warranty claims on their leather furniture as the leather was separating, literally sloughing off. Because this means a new $ 6,000 sofa, before we would replace it for them we sent a seat cushion casing to the tannery for evaluation and they send it off to a lab for testing. If there is any evidence of a non-approved topcoat applied to the piece via the lab results, the warranty is denied. Of course the customer is upset then, and we ask "Did you buy a protection program from the selling dealer?" And they would say "Yes" and more often than that it was a Guardsman contract they had. At that point they had to go deak with their original selling dealer and Guardsman for a claim. The product they were applying attacked the topcoat from some tanneries (but not all) and caused a top coat failure in under two years time.

Not saying don't use Guardsman, but I think there are better choices out there. Good luck

Old Today, 08:01 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by dudeoverthere
@drcollie @siberian

Perhaps a nice stickied leather car write-up with links would save your record player
Huh????????????????????????

siberian

Quick Reply: Leather Care