Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of Lugano Blue 992.2 base 911

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2024, 02:04 PM
TheGeneral
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 114 Posts

Since the rear deck has 5 large raised "ribs" vs 9 between the 2 vertical brake lights is this car really a 511 vs a 911?
The following users liked this post:
MKW (07-18-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 02:24 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 887 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC48
Do we know if ACC is standard now? Hoping that's still an option.
It's still an option but also part of the premium package now that makes the premium package only $300 more compared to a-la carting the other items in the package sans ACC so expect to see ACC on most .2 builds. The car in the above photos has both ACC and night vision. ACC globe is the passenger side one and night vision camera is the driver side one.

Last edited by rasetsu; 07-17-2024 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-17-2024, 03:09 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
The shelf is gonna be the ire of many detailers.
Baby got back.
Old 07-17-2024, 04:11 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,275 Likes on 645 Posts

surprised by the hate on the leather color... pics always make it look more orange than it is in person but I love the color and lots of historic porsche's have similar shades:

adrianp89 (07-18-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 06:03 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by autozero
It's also the type of material that's hard to put vinyl over. Wish Porsche would use a more elegant finish or offer carbon fiber for an upcharge. Even corvettes offer a textured type of plastic for bumper trims since plastic looks so cheap. Porsche will say "it's because it's easier to replace as a consequence of track driving "...so thoughtful of Porsche!
I wholeheartedly agree with all comments saying that the "pagoda" shelf in the rear lights is absolutely a bad design choice and doesn't look good. There was nothing wrong with the 992.1 design and one could go even as far as saying it was perfect. Thus, any bigger change or "update" would only make it worse.

However, I found out that a way out may be to embrace the new design and use it to one's advantage. For example, matching the Shade Green exterior colour with the Anthrazit Gray plastic parts that come along with the new "Exclusive Design" tail lights option and the SportDesign package option that has parts of the bumpers painted in that color (with GTS, the carbon fibre SportDesign package). Shade Green itself goes quite well with Anthrazit Gray as a contrast color and in my eyes the combination brings something new to the overall appearance of a 911 (instead of using the "evergreens"; satin or high gloss black as a contrast).

Obviously, not perfect but one does what one can with the resources available...
mattchless (07-18-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 06:13 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ
I wholeheartedly agree with all comments saying that the "pagoda" shelf in the rear lights is absolutely a bad design choice and doesn't look good. There was nothing wrong with the 992.1 design and one could go even as far as saying it was perfect. Thus, any bigger change or "update" would only make it worse.

However, I found out that a way out may be to embrace the new design and use it to one's advantage. For example, matching the Shade Green exterior colour with the Anthrazit Gray plastic parts that come along with the new "Exclusive Design" tail lights option and the SportDesign package option that has parts of the bumpers painted in that color (with GTS, the carbon fibre SportDesign package). Shade Green itself goes quite well with Anthrazit Gray as a contrast color and in my eyes the combination brings something new to the overall appearance of a 911 (instead of using the "evergreens"; satin or high gloss black as a contrast).

TBH, the rear end looks like an after thought.

Obviously, not perfect but one does what one can with the resources available...
TBH. The rear end looks like an after thought.
Old 07-17-2024, 06:24 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,619 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by bleffler
Here is a side by side of shark blue and lugano blue. As mentioned, Lugano is a few shades darker.

In my opinion Lugano Blue is an improvement and I formerly owned a Shark Blue 992.
Old 07-17-2024, 07:57 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 887 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
surprised by the hate on the leather color... pics always make it look more orange than it is in person but I love the color and lots of historic porsche's have similar shades:
I believe this hue is more commonly referred to as cognac and I like it way more than beige. Beige is one of my least favorite leather colors but these preferences are all subjective. I love that Porsche lets us have so many choices.
Old 07-17-2024, 09:24 PM
jmrichards
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
This is a great traditional color combination (no pumpkin needed):

Old 07-18-2024, 09:17 AM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 246 Posts

Agree 100% the taillight shelf does nothing to improve the rear end. Porsche should have left it alone.

The new blue is nice, but seeing it side by side with Shark Blue, I still prefer the lighter Shark Blue given the pop factor and it looks more like a PTS special color.

Really dislike the push button start and fully digital dash. The only saving grace is that (a) all gauges are now visable again through the steering wheel and (b) you can rotate the tachometer to place the redline at the top. Consider that a consolation prize.
Old 07-18-2024, 09:27 AM
TheGeneral
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 114 Posts

Other than a “Flat Fender Jeep”, does anyone else know of a car design (especially a sports car design) that has flat horizontal surfaces 6” above the ground or higher?
Old 07-18-2024, 11:22 PM
Brinkmann
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RatherJaded
In my opinion Lugano Blue is an improvement and I formerly owned a Shark Blue 992.
Current Shark Blue 992 owner, here to disagree.
Final_Final_v4 (07-19-2024)
Old 07-19-2024, 12:05 AM
r4mi5awi
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera-T
Agree 100% the taillight shelf does nothing to improve the rear end. Porsche should have left it alone.

The new blue is nice, but seeing it side by side with Shark Blue, I still prefer the lighter Shark Blue given the pop factor and it looks more like a PTS special color.

Really dislike the push button start and fully digital dash. The only saving grace is that (a) all gauges are now visable again through the steering wheel and (b) you can rotate the tachometer to place the redline at the top. Consider that a consolation prize.
One major thing they missed is the addition of a HUD. Removing all the traditional design elements would've been almost forgivable. The sport chrono clock remaining the only analog item left makes no sense to me design wise, should've made it digital/customizable as well.

Heck, I wish they kept the analog tach and added a HUD. That would've been the best of both worlds.

I'm out of the market with my 992.1, but if I were to dive back in for something beyond the base carrera and sub-GT trims, I'd wait to see what the 994 has in store; full digital interior, no half measures.
Old 07-24-2024, 01:07 AM
cptcolo0
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by R N M
The shelf is much more noticeable in person and its just cheap black plastic running along the full rear of the car. Just terrible design decision and much worse than 992.1. They should have left the lights alone.

Pretty much every interior and exterior design change on the .2 is for the worse.
Maybe there will be a way to retrofit to the 992.1 rear light look. Maybe it would be fairly easy to do even?

Overall I like a lot of the changes on the front and rear, but hate the the little shelf. The 992.1 design was much better.
Old 07-24-2024, 01:19 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 744 Posts

I just recognize the rear bumper has a spot for. EU style license plate…same style for US cars? If same bumper for US market the more square license plate would look horrendous mounted in that spot.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Lugano Blue 992.2 base 911