Sponsored by:

Simple ASS solution

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Simple *** solution

OK i'm new to the 992 our car is a 2020, my 2017 991.2 i had previously the Auto Stop Start had been coded out by a previous owner..

So my wife and I spent some time figuring out what settings to have on the screen and what settings to program for the little diamond switches, we felt that quick access to the 360 camera view and front camera especially was important, next for me it was the PSE exhaust noise, then that left the Auto Stop Start issue, some folks want the garage opener for easy access which also makes sense., the car has both FAL and PDCC so i just have the one diamond on the center console and the one on the steering wheel, i found having to switch to sport mode to disable *** using the steering wheel dial less than satisfactory. that left me with putting the *** on the screen which is OK but you have to remember to hit that screen each time, one day as we were driving we noticed that even after warm up the car was not switching off the engine at a stop..and a little orange light would appear on the drivers info center at the bottom with a line through it meaning the *** was disabled..i was intrigued we put it down to the hot outside temperatures and the AC being smart enough to keep the engine running to maintain cooling inside the cabin, a couple of days later it was cutting off the engine at a stop again in spite of high outside temps... head scratcher... i'm sitting at the red light looking at the dash and getting hotter i lean over and lower the temp down from 64 to LO, the car engine immediately starts... the little orange light is back on showing the *** is disabled... SCORE!!!! now when its hot outside which it is a lot where i live all i have to do is ensure one of the two temperature settings it set to Low and i now no longer need that screen tile programmed to show up and i can use it for something else.

Hope this helps someone else...
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 299 Posts

let us know if that is a consistent solution. i keep my climate control at 66 and at least one bar on the fan. still turns off at a light. but i don't mind it if im sitting there for 1 minute. turning the dial to sport is muscle memory at this point.

where do you have a diamond in the center with FAL? i have PDCC but no FAL and also have a diamond. it goes from left: diamond, sport exhaust, hazard, traction, suspension.

BTW PDCC is always on, that button is just for normal vs sport suspension.

i like the garage opener on the screen. it's always there when i leave the garage and pops up when i got home. easily accessible on the screen.
Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM
quarterscale
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts

I have few luxury options so I set the steering wheel diamond to review camera and the one on the dash to *** off. I do wish there was the option to option off auto-blip.
The following users liked this post:
adm63 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM
dg108
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts

Just use Individual mode, you can choose your mode and no auto-blip.
The following 3 users liked this post by dg108:
CamsPorsche (Today), Fullyield (Today), VarTheVar (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Default A.S.S.

Originally Posted by dudeoverthere
let us know if that is a consistent solution. i keep my climate control at 66 and at least one bar on the fan. still turns off at a light. but i don't mind it if im sitting there for 1 minute. turning the dial to sport is muscle memory at this point. i find the revs increase when i switch it to Sport which i sometimes find annoying.

where do you have a diamond in the center with FAL? i have PDCC but no FAL and also have a diamond. it goes from left: diamond, sport exhaust, hazard, traction, suspension. my diamond is on the left as well, but i have no sport exhaust button i think replaced by the FAL

BTW PDCC is always on, that button is just for normal vs sport suspension. Agreed.

i like the garage opener on the screen. it's always there when i leave the garage and pops up when i got home. easily accessible on the screen.
nice
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Default not for me

Originally Posted by dg108
i have to cycle through all the other modes to get to individual, which i find less than ideal..think neighbors, quietness and i also have to remember to do it, everyone has their own preferences here's another option... which i think will work for my circumstances.
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
quarterscale
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by dg108
Ah yes, set that the first day! Still need a quick way to turn it off in Sport and Sport+ however.

Last edited by quarterscale; Yesterday at 04:55 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Received 676 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary12000
i have to cycle through all the other modes to get to individual, which i find less than ideal..think neighbors, quietness and i also have to remember to do it, everyone has their own preferences here's another option... which i think will work for my circumstances.
just crank it to the right. You don't even have to look at it. 3+ clicks. It won't move past individual
CamsPorsche (Today)
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM
Gary12000
Rennlist Member

Default another thought

[QUOTE=dudeoverthere;19549304]let us know if that is a consistent solution. i keep my climate control at 66 and at least one bar on the fan. still turns off at a light. but i don't mind it if im sitting there for 1 minute. turning the dial to sport is muscle memory at this point.

Yes it will switch off at the light in any other temp setting other than Lo (Low) as our car is a Cabriolet it can get quite hot even sitting through a light cycle, especially if the *** turns off the engine...i dont mind sport mode i like it, however there are times in built up areas where i would prefer to drive slowly, like in town where there are multiple red lights, so sport is not preferred for me in those instances... and A.S.S. being disabled works for me.
Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 299 Posts

[QUOTE=Gary12000;19549528]
Originally Posted by dudeoverthere
let us know if that is a consistent solution. i keep my climate control at 66 and at least one bar on the fan. still turns off at a light. but i don't mind it if im sitting there for 1 minute. turning the dial to sport is muscle memory at this point.

Yes it will switch off at the light in any other temp setting other than Lo (Low) as our car is a Cabriolet it can get quite hot even sitting through a light cycle, especially if the *** turns off the engine...i dont mind sport mode i like it, however there are times in built up areas where i would prefer to drive slowly, like in town where there are multiple red lights, so sport is not preferred for me in those instances... and A.S.S. being disabled works for me.
Interesting. Those are the areas i put it in sport+ or at least sport. Makes it easier to do a quick lane change. Normal is too sluggish for anything but highway cruising.
Old Today, 03:41 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,369 Posts

And how would that work by 45 below, as I sure don't want my engine turning off at a traffic light then? Do you turn the heater to MAX? There is supposed to be a sensor that if it's below a certain temp it won't activate. But would you trust that??? I don't

There must be a F* way to permanently turn this off with PIWIS but I just haven't found it yet... the holy grail... as this (and other features) suck!

siberian
Old Today, 10:43 AM
F8T and 911T
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 49 Posts

I don't understand how this is a topic... The porsche only uses *** in normal mode and I can't imagine ever being in normal mode. My AMG GTc also only did that in normal or sport mode but for the 4 years I owned it, i put it in RACE as soon as I start the car. The Ferrari is great that it wont work in any manettino setting unless your seat belt is plugged in but I've never worn a seatbelt so it's never been a thing I've thought about. I agree this is the dumbest feature to come out in a car (especially a performance car) but it's never been an issue. ESPECIALLY with the Porsche since its only active in a mode that no one would drive in. Reach in, turn ignition one click, get in, start car after 3 chimes end, turn to sport or +, wait for valves to close, drive. Simple.
Old Today, 10:53 AM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
And how would that work by 45 below, as I sure don't want my engine turning off at a traffic light then? Do you turn the heater to MAX? There is supposed to be a sensor that if it's below a certain temp it won't activate. But would you trust that??? I don't

There must be a F* way to permanently turn this off with PIWIS but I just haven't found it yet... the holy grail... as this (and other features) suck!

siberian
A.S.S was removed on MY 2024 Turbo and Turbo S. Was it a firmware update or setting changes? It would be nice to look at the data on one of those cars.
Old Today, 11:13 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by F8T and 911T
I don't understand how this is a topic... The porsche only uses *** in normal mode and I can't imagine ever being in normal mode. My AMG GTc also only did that in normal or sport mode but for the 4 years I owned it, i put it in RACE as soon as I start the car. The Ferrari is great that it wont work in any manettino setting unless your seat belt is plugged in but I've never worn a seatbelt so it's never been a thing I've thought about. I agree this is the dumbest feature to come out in a car (especially a performance car) but it's never been an issue. ESPECIALLY with the Porsche since its only active in a mode that no one would drive in. Reach in, turn ignition one click, get in, start car after 3 chimes end, turn to sport or +, wait for valves to close, drive. Simple.
IIRC *** is only disabled in S Mode, not S+ or Wet Modes. Normal mode is useful when driving on black or icy roads

As to not wearing your seat belt that is indeed a dumb thing not to think about...

siberian
Gary12000 (Today)
Old Today, 11:27 AM
F8T and 911T
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 49 Posts

Nah, it doesn’t function in S+ either.

and seatbelts are dangerous. I’ve never worn one in 40 years.

Quick Reply: Simple ASS solution