Sponsored by:

992 GTS Ride quality

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2024, 12:18 PM
TuvaD
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 78 Posts

My two cents.

The SPASM setup on my '22 4GTS is good on track but too stiff to be a pleasant daily driver, especially in a city with poor roads. I've gotten used to it though and prefer the lower SPASM look to the standard PASM's larger wheel gap. Tinkering with tire pressures helps a bit. Comfort is too soft/remote. I settled on 33/38 PSI.

The lightweight glass is excellent at cutting down wind and traffic noise. It doesn't help much with tire and road noise though. I'd order it again.

The Michelin Alpin tires are excellent on snow but subpar in standard warm/cold/rain conditions. In cold winters (no snow), I found braking distances in the Alpins to be so significantly worse than summer tires that I removed them. Best to adjust your expectations and driving style if you're looking to run Alpins for longer periods.

FYI, I have my set of Alpins with only 500 miles for sale. DM me if interested.
Old 07-15-2024, 12:36 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by js1ngh13
what winter tires did you use for the C4S? looking for a set
Michelin Alpine 5
Old Yesterday, 02:24 AM
alletMT
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've currently own an R8 and also 4gts. When I set the 911 tire pressures at 32F 36R I found that the ride quality was very similar. I do have PDCC though and remember that made a world of difference in normal compared to non PDCC equipped GTSs I've driven.
Bottom line, if ride confort is important to you, consider lowering the tire pressures and get pdcc.

Last edited by alletMT; Yesterday at 02:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
soguinness (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:05 AM
Hebo
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for that info
Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 437 Posts

Tire pressures are huge. SPASM with 29/32 is like a limo, almost too soft even with the stiffer mode on. I run 33/37 and I can use either mode but our roads are not littered with potholes either.
Old Today, 03:50 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 264 Likes on 112 Posts

I had a 991.2 GTS with PDCC then moved states and have a 992 GTS with 'comfort pressures'. The roads around me are awful. I did go back to back on terrible roads with a Targa 4S and a GTS same day and the 4S felt like a S class compared to the GTS. Rode in a buddys GT3 RS WP in a different state and his felt more compliant. My GTS just feels too stiff. Def wouldve gotten PDCC if available in 2023. For what its worth, my M2 Comp was even worse on these roads. But the balance for GTS used to be 70%S /30% GT and now it just feels too stiff. Like not necessary. I wonder if mine is stuck in stiff mode because the switch doesnt seem to make a difference.

Glad to hear about that for the .2 GTS.
The following users liked this post:
TuvaD (Today)

Quick Reply: 992 GTS Ride quality