Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to unlock the matrix lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2024, 11:34 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 298 Posts

^^^^^ He was asking about the coding and not the options. No it should not void your warranty. Just like any mods, they can always void your warranty. But will they? It is fully reversible. We don’t know yet if the new 2025 Matrix lights will be fully adaptive. Unless the member above wants to share some official documentation. It is just a guess now.
Old 07-13-2024, 10:40 AM
jdgGTSilver
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking to do the same in SoCal. Any suggestions?
Old 07-13-2024, 11:10 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by al7391z
I bought a pre-owned 992 C4S. Is there a way for me to see if the previous owner had them activated? Learn something new everyday.
if a US market 992.1's matrix headlights are activated , as mine have been, you will see
the green headlight symbol having an " A " inside it like this image from my car
they are a LOL marvel ...as an example , I can drive down very dark local freeway 280 between San Francisco and San Jose with full high beam pattern in heavy traffic in each direction and no one in any car has a clue and said high beam pattern is further widened left, right and up vs non-activated baseline high beam
Attached Images  

Last edited by MKW; 07-13-2024 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-13-2024, 11:28 AM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 779 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
if a US market 992.1's matrix headlights are activated , as mine have been, you will see
the green headlight symbol having an " A " inside it like this image from my car
Sorry that's incorrect. The 'A' merely indicates that 'high beam assist' has been enabled. If the car has been coded to enable matrix mode, then the 'A' means you will get the full 'active matrix experience'. If the (US model) has *not* been coded to enable active matrix, then the 'A' merely indicates the lights will automatically switch from high beam to low beam when you have oncoming traffic. It's all fully detailed in the manual under the 'lights' section.

Last edited by jlegelis; 07-13-2024 at 01:57 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by jlegelis:
718socal (07-13-2024), CodyBigdog (07-13-2024), mikey94025 (07-13-2024), PG5768 (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 11:37 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,613 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
they are a LOL marvel ...as an example , I can drive down very dark local freeway 280 between San Francisco and San Jose with full high beam pattern in heavy traffic in each direction and no one in any car has a clue and said high beam pattern is further widened left, right and up vs non-activated baseline high beam
My ‘24 T would display that with the optional LED headlights which includes the swivel function as well as automatic highbeams. Note, these were not the optional LED Matrix headlights. The green ‘A’ symbol indicates that the automatic highbeams are turned on.
Old 07-13-2024, 11:50 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,275 Posts

[QUOTE=jlegelis;19544522]
Originally Posted by MKW

Sorry that's incorrect. The 'A' merely indicates that 'high beam assist' has been enabled. If the car has been coded to enable matrix mode, then the 'A' means you will get the full 'active matrix experience'. If the (US model) has *not* been coded to enable active matrix, then the 'A' merely indicates the lights will automatically switch from high beam to low beam when you have oncoming traffic. It's all fully detail in the manual under the 'lights' section.

100% correct. i wonder how many US people think they have the active matrix…because they paid for it? But not activated by Porsche for the US market.
The following users liked this post:
jlegelis (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 12:02 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,613 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog

100% correct. i wonder how many US people think they have the active matrix…because they paid for it? But not activated by Porsche for the US market.

I would suspect that the number of those whom fall directly into that category is rather large.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 07-13-2024 at 12:03 PM.
CodyBigdog (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 12:16 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

[QUOTE=jlegelis;19544522]
Originally Posted by MKW

Sorry that's incorrect. The 'A' merely indicates that 'high beam assist' has been enabled. If the car has been coded to enable matrix mode, then the 'A' means you will get the full 'active matrix experience'. If the (US model) has *not* been coded to enable active matrix, then the 'A' merely indicates the lights will automatically switch from high beam to low beam when you have oncoming traffic. It's all fully detailed in the manual under the 'lights' section.

sorry , my bad ...the change in having activated matrix headlights is an additional wording on the dash under the blue high beam icon when it's functioning ( dont have a pic of that )
and you will see this " checkmarked " in the PCM headlight submenu :

Last edited by MKW; 07-13-2024 at 12:17 PM.
MAXFPS (Yesterday)
Old 07-13-2024, 12:33 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by RatherJaded
I would suspect that the number of those whom fall directly into that category is rather large.
I foolishly believed the propaganda told to me by my Porsche reps….As long as I have the hardware (which I do), it will be activated by Porsche through software….once approved by the Feds. I was told that multiple times, going as far back as 3 years. Never gonna happen.
Old 07-13-2024, 12:53 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,119 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
I foolishly believed the propaganda told to me by my Porsche reps….As long as I have the hardware (which I do), it will be activated by Porsche through software….once approved by the Feds. I was told that multiple times, going as far back as 3 years. Never gonna happen.
Why not spend a fraction of what you paid for to get what you paid for?
The following 2 users liked this post by Shogunade:
718socal (07-13-2024), RatherJaded (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 01:45 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 84 Posts

I had my Matrix headlights upgraded to non-US functionality by @rnlst_log last night, I highly recommend his services! He is extremely knowledgeable about Porsches and PIWIS. He is also very responsive and easy to work with. I was prepped and ready with my 100A 13.8V power and a running PIWIS system that he remotely controlled. It was fascinating watching him do his work. From my observations he has mastered the PIWIS system. The process took about an hour and a half.
I realized it would take me a significant commitment in time to come up to speed on PIWIS and program the Matrix LED headlights myself. I think I will concentrate on simpler PIWIS mods.

I didn't have a chance to try out the mod, it was late and did not get out for a drive. .
The following 3 users liked this post by Earle:
jlegelis (07-13-2024), MAXFPS (Yesterday), RatherJaded (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 01:51 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Earle
I had my Matrix headlights upgraded to non-US functionality by @rnlst_log last night, I highly recommend his services! He is extremely knowledgeable about Porsches and PIWIS. He is also very responsive and easy to work with. I was prepped and ready with my 100A 13.8V power and a running PIWIS system that he remotely controlled. It was fascinating watching him do his work. From my observations he has mastered the PIWIS system. The process took about an hour and a half.
I realized it would take me a significant commitment in time to come up to speed on PIWIS and program the Matrix LED headlights myself. I think I will concentrate on simpler PIWIS mods.

I didn't have a chance to try out the mod, it was late and did not get out for a drive. .
I would be interested to know:

(1) Is this all done remotely?
(2) Cost to activate?
(3) Interested to hear your evaluations, or any error codes/issues after you’ve had a chance to evaluate it?

Thx
Old 07-13-2024, 02:00 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Difference between Matrix LED and HD Matrix

Pondering whether I should check the HD Matrix option for my 992.2 GTS. I do intend to activate the feature.
Old 07-13-2024, 02:05 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 779 Likes on 363 Posts

>> (3) Interested to hear your evaluations, or any error codes/issues after you’ve had a chance to evaluate it?

None if the coding was done correctly (and with @rnlst_log it's *always* correct since he originated the technique).

Remember, this is just 'configuring' the car to enable functionality that's been disabled for US markets due to regulations, ie it's not modding or hacking functionality to create behavior that's doesn't exist. It's literally just changing a few 'levers and *****' to use a profile for a country where the lights are natively enabled. HTH.

Last edited by jlegelis; 07-13-2024 at 02:36 PM.
Earle (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 02:11 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by jlegelis
>> (3) Interested to hear your evaluations, or any error codes/issues after you’ve had a chance to evaluate it?

None if the coding was done correctly (and with @rnlst_log it's *always* correct since he originated the technique).

Remember, this is just 'configuring' the car to enable functionality that's been disabled for US markets due to regulations, eg it's not modding or hacking functionality to create behavior that's doesn't exist. It's literally just changing a few 'levers and *****' to use a profile for a country where the lights are natively enabled. HTH.

I had something similar done to my lights (and a few other features) on my 2016 M4. I watched the person activate a number of functions that had been turned off for US cars. Just a matter of clicking on/off a few boxes. Total process took about 20 minutes.
jlegelis (07-13-2024)

Quick Reply: Looking to unlock the matrix lights