Sponsored by:

Oil change on a CPO 992 bought in Feb

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 01:15 PM
bizzakka
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil change on a CPO 992 bought in Feb

The app is recommending a change of oil and filter. The car is a 2022 C2 with around 15.5k miles now, was at 14.5k miles when I bought it in the first week of February.

Looking around (e.g. here) that seems awfully soon.

Is this expected? Should I check with the dealer (Paul Miller in NJ) to cover it?
Old 07-01-2024, 01:31 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 727 Likes on 337 Posts

I thought the computer reminds you to get an oil change/service every 10,000 miles or 12 months which ever comes first. If you bring up your My Porsche app, it should also tell you what is due under the Smart Service section. I'm guessing it's reached the 24 month mark before the 20,000 mile mark, so it's reminding you it's due for its service.
Old 07-01-2024, 09:42 PM
Mr. J
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

You would think if you bought a CPO 992 from a Porsche dealership, you wouldn't have to bring it back in for service in four months! If they CPO'd the car a few months prior to you purchasing it and did did the necessary maintenance at that time, maybe that's understandable but your timeline doesn't suggest that. Nothing wrong with calling them out on it. I would make an issue more of your time and inconvenience rather than the cost of the oil change. Maybe they'll take care of it no charge for your "inconvenience".
Old 07-01-2024, 10:06 PM
hopetogolf
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

You might want to check to find out if a service was done as part of the CPO. I recently purchased a CPO car and it had the 3 year service done (a few months before it was technically due). All the others I looked at also had the appropriate service done (based on time not miles). This was something I looked at for each car because I did not want to buy a CPO car and then be on the hook for a service (or tires, or brakes, or a battery, etc.) in a short period of time. On a related note, this one dealer was selling a CPO and the tires were just above (measured in fractions/decimals) the level that would have required replacement for the car to be a CPO. I found it slightly shady since I’ve only seen tires measured at 4/32, 5/32, etc. but these guys added a decimal (or additional fraction) so the tires would pass but just barely.

Quick Reply: Oil change on a CPO 992 bought in Feb