Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership Wants Wire Transfer before pickup

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2024, 07:54 PM
mashoutposse
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Wires can be delivered within minutes. Go there early, check the car out, and hit the button once you’re satisfied. Then sign the papers and wait until the wire hits and drive off.

No big deal.
The following users liked this post:
ClubRacer523 (06-28-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 05:46 PM
ClubRacer523
Advanced

Received 90 Likes on 38 Posts

Always paid by wire and never by check. I don't even have a bank branch to go to for cashier's checks. Nor do I want to go to a bank. Last car I initiated the wire at 11am and it was in by 2pm and I took delivery at 4pm. It's a Porsche dealer not some shady used car dealership.
Old 06-28-2024, 06:17 PM
C21ban
Racer

Received 280 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
It does not matter though, this is just one personal example. Cheque are declining and in some countries have stopped completely or are very seldom used.

If you were a dealer, would you deliver a car to a stranger before the money clears? I think the people that are so pro cheque have to stop for a minute and get in the dealer shoes - would you do it if you were a dealer? A money transaction should always be viewed from both angles.
I totally get what you are saying but the dealer has leverage to get the car back per their agreement should it be necessary. You don’t get the title so they can withhold it from you and I assure you they have done some background work during the process. I doubt they take personal checks from everyone and it was just a convenience offered to me as I had flown out to inspect the car and it was just the easiest solution at that time. In other cases, I have wired the funds as that worked out better for all parties.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:45 PM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 428 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by dvu
Thought about it. Dealership is about 1.5 hrs from where I live. Plan was to pick it up Friday morning and bring it to my ppf guy which is 5 miles down the road. If y’all think pre paying is common then that makes me feel better.
Let us know how it went?
Old 07-01-2024, 12:42 PM
Borderdog
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

In regards to the claim of my comments about ppf lasting 5 years and stripping clear coat, the warranty of most ppf is 5-10 years and heat does affect ppf. I've had a certain ppf headquarters flat out refuse to remove ppf for me due to their claim of potentially stripping clear coat and I've had SA's and a third party ppf company warn me of stripping clear coat on removal. This is my experience and your mileage may vary. In addition, don't be upset about my experience because you have skin in the game.
The following users liked this post:
Crusje (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 12:57 PM
Crusje
Racer

Received 253 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Borderdog
In regards to the claim of my comments about ppf lasting 5 years and stripping clear coat, the warranty of most ppf is 5-10 years and heat does affect ppf. I've had a certain ppf headquarters flat out refuse to remove ppf for me due to their claim of potentially stripping clear coat and I've had SA's and a third party ppf company warn me of stripping clear coat on removal. This is my experience and your mileage may vary. In addition, don't be upset about my experience because you have skin in the game.
The people who have it are always adamant about it and anything negative is always due to old or cheap film. They also trade it in after a couple years and don't have to worry about replacing it. I have a (used to be} free paint so didn't see the need for it
Old 07-01-2024, 02:02 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 936 Likes on 522 Posts

The bottom line is that if you aren't steaming the PPF to remove it, if you just try to pull it off, you are doing it wrong. Even with the steamer it takes patience.

Old 07-01-2024, 02:42 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 887 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by Crusje
The people who have it are always adamant about it and anything negative is always due to old or cheap film. They also trade it in after a couple years and don't have to worry about replacing it. I have a (used to be} free paint so didn't see the need for it
I've had PPF removed/replaced after 5 years with no paint damage. I don't trade cars in every couple of years. There are others like me who do exist.
Old 07-01-2024, 07:53 PM
Jim Wilke
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 89 Posts

I did not know this until a few years ago but people can have put stop payments on cashier's checks.

Quick Reply: Dealership Wants Wire Transfer before pickup