Sponsored by:

Deposit Paid!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2024, 02:33 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,768 Likes on 997 Posts

Originally Posted by CurryPuff
Genuine question, do you have decent roads to be able to enjoy the car as its meant to or would you be restricted to any tracks close to you?
From memory, there's only like 3 major tracks in the country, but then again, it's been over 20 years since I left the country.

Also, congratulations on doing it all by yourself at a relatively young age in India!
Did I miss something? How do you know he's in India?
Old 06-17-2024, 02:35 PM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Did I miss something? How do you know he's in India?
I recall reading a thread from the OP about the new
Cartagena Yellow a few days ago and he mentioned there.
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1415...l#post19485164

Last edited by CurryPuff; 06-17-2024 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-17-2024, 02:48 PM
steveclear
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AKK5
The car, as specced, will cost usd 280,000. This is for the base car. The GTS is usd 380,000 again for the base spec.

I'm not from the US where it is very very affordable by our standards to purchase a nice car. Not here. All prices are about 2.5 to 3 times that of the US prices.

The options are also frightfully expensive here. This is what I can afford at 39. No daddy's money here.

I'll be fine with this setup.

This same car in Singapore would be approx USD 700k and in Thailand about 350k.

Asia has some of the highest ownership prices in the world.

Cheers.
Simply not true. Cartagena Yellow Metallic / sunroof / backseat are no cost options in India (your prev post indicates that's where you are from). The base car there is a little less than 240K and a 4GTS is $330K, and these prices include GST and other applicable charges as far as I understand. Do not get me wrong. It is expensive there but you are 40-50K off on each model. As for the statement that base Carrera cost $700K in Singapore is just ridiculous. A brand new 2024 911 Turbo S costs around 600K in Singapore and I am sure base C is a lot less...

While it is expensive to purchase a nice car in Asia, it is also one of the cheapest to maintain cars (maintenance, insurance costs and etc.)
Old 06-17-2024, 02:59 PM
B194HR
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by steveclear
Simply not true. Cartagena Yellow Metallic / sunroof / backseat are no cost options in India (your prev post indicates that's where you are from). The base car there is a little less than 240K and a 4GTS is $330K, and these prices include GST and other applicable charges as far as I understand. Do not get me wrong. It is expensive there but you are 40-50K off on each model. As for the statement that base Carrera cost $700K in Singapore is just ridiculous. A brand new 2024 911 Turbo S costs around 600K in Singapore and I am sure base C is a lot less...

While it is expensive to purchase a nice car in Asia, it is also one of the cheapest to maintain cars (maintenance, insurance costs and etc.)
What a useless and totally unnecessary reply.

Enjoy your car OP, regardless of what others have to say.
The following users liked this post:
fanboy (06-17-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 03:05 PM
AKK5
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, the colour and the sunroof and back seat are no cost options.

You need to add a registration charge on top of this which depends on the state you live in and this starts at 10% and goes all the way up to 20% in a few states. I'm lucky its only 10% where I live. So this is an additional USD 24,000

Plus insuance for the first year which is approximately USD 5500

Plus some dealer charges of USD 1700

And some other Tax called TCS @ 1%

Maintenance is also expensive. Luxruy items are expensive period.
Old 06-17-2024, 03:07 PM
steveclear
Track Day

Originally Posted by B194HR
What a useless and totally unnecessary reply.

Enjoy your car OP, regardless of what others have to say.
Why are you so worked up? I did not judge OP's spec or choice, did I? I was just correcting the false information which I do not see what is wrong with that.
You need to chill.
Old 06-17-2024, 03:10 PM
B194HR
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 84 Posts

Why are you so worked up? I did not judge OP's spec or choice, did I? I was just correcting the false information which I do not see what is wrong with that.
You need to chill.
im not worked up at all , your post was out of order. It’s that simple.
The following users liked this post:
Tobeit (06-17-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 03:12 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 710 Posts

You need to chill.
..because apparently you don't live where the OP lives but pretend to know better what it costs and correcting him and in some way implying he is "lying/overstating" about the true cost. Well, he showed you that you are wrong and apparently you missed a few charges in your google search that add up to his total.
Old 06-17-2024, 03:17 PM
AKK5
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CurryPuff
Genuine question, do you have decent roads to be able to enjoy the car as its meant to or would you be restricted to any tracks close to you?
From memory, there's only like 3 major tracks in the country, but then again, it's been over 20 years since I left the country.

Also, congratulations on doing it all by yourself at a relatively young age in India!
I live on the outskirts of Delhi in an affluent neighborhod where the best roads in the whole capital are to be found. We have some hilly areas with amazing windy roads so thats a plus. I never track my cars.

If I were living in the more crowded part of the capital I would never think of getting one.

Thanks! Big forty coming up soon.
Old 06-17-2024, 03:31 PM
steveclear
Track Day

Originally Posted by Tobeit
..because apparently you don't live where the OP lives but pretend to know better what it costs and correcting him and in some way implying he is "lying/overstating" about the true cost. Well, he showed you that you are wrong and apparently you missed a few charges in your google search that add up to his total.
Not going to get into details with you. But if you think those numbers add up then you got a bigger problem lmao. Btw when talking about the cost of a car, people typically do not include the cost of first year insurance. Might as well include all the add-on services/packages. Think about the 700K base Carrera.

You all have a good day!
Old 06-17-2024, 03:37 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 710 Posts

Not going to get into details with you. But if you think those numbers add up then you got a bigger problem lmao. Btw when talking about the cost of a car, people typically do not include the cost of first year insurance. Might as well include all the add-on services/packages. Think about the 700K base Carrera.

You all have a good day!
Dude, $240k (your number) + $24k + $5.5k + $1.7K + 1% = $274k and with some other dealer charges likely pretty much at the $280k he stated. Where is my math wrong? And yes, if you have to pay $5.5k upfront for year 1 insurances it should be included not like in US were we pay every month a little. And btw, he can include whatever he wants..I am sure some folks here include the ADM they had to pay into the cost of the car.
Old 06-17-2024, 03:40 PM
steveclear
Track Day

Originally Posted by Tobeit
Dude, $240k (your number) + $24k + $5.5k + $1.7K + 1% = $274k and with some other dealer charges likely pretty much at the $280k he stated. Where is my math wrong? And yes, if you have to pay $5.5k upfront for year 1 insurances it should be included not like in US were we pay every month a little. And btw, he can include whatever he wants..I am sure some folks here include the ADM they had to pay into the cost of the car.
Like I said, you have a good day!
Old 06-17-2024, 04:49 PM
fanboy
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AKK5
Yes, the colour and the sunroof and back seat are no cost options.

You need to add a registration charge on top of this which depends on the state you live in and this starts at 10% and goes all the way up to 20% in a few states. I'm lucky its only 10% where I live. So this is an additional USD 24,000

Plus insuance for the first year which is approximately USD 5500

Plus some dealer charges of USD 1700

And some other Tax called TCS @ 1%

Maintenance is also expensive. Luxruy items are expensive period.
Wow, congrats OP! Makes me feel less concerned about what a new base cab costs here in the US! That price and the fees on top are brutal! Enjoy your new ride!
Old 06-17-2024, 06:37 PM
Johnauto
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by westsiderkg01
My condolences....
Westsider: I don’t understand your comment. Ferrari is going hybrid, Lamborghini is going hybrid, McLaren is going hybrid. BMW M cars are going hybrid starting with the M5.

What new car, if any, are you buying?
Old 06-17-2024, 07:29 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

Received 400 Likes on 240 Posts

Would you actually use the sunroof?
Does it have to be glass?

Consider not ordering the sunroof, or choose the metal sunroof instead. This is such an interesting color, the black roof will distract from it (IMO).

You could use the money you saved to get ventilated seats for summer.

Also, if you eliminate the sunroof, you may be able to add a different color interior, like Limestone Beige. That will make the car feel more inviting inside.

Quick Reply: Deposit Paid!