Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2024, 04:33 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,007 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by detroitr
Thanks, I ordered the 45" extension and the xp20. Hope those are the correct ones.
It should be, we put which Harness to get for which MICRO-START in the Listing. Meaning it will say Clampless Harness for XP-20 in the Listing Title. So I bet you saw that and your good. Thanks for supporting Antigravity!
Just be sure when you route the cable to watch out for the Hinges on the Frunk passenger side. Pretty self explanitory as you do it but you don't want it getting pinched as you route it.
The following users liked this post:
detroitr (06-14-2024)
Old 06-13-2024, 04:38 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,007 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by detroitr
OK it seems that the mechanic at the dealer has a likely explaination for the terminal ending up behind the fuse box. 4 months ago I had a radar detector hardwired and the installer may have incorrectly replaced this essential part so that it managed to recess and fall back there. Also, we are looking at whether the radar, camera and a seat fan may be drawing too much current (but it shouldn't be). That said, I have had the BMS lock up while the car was on a lithium charger before with no accessories installed, and it's still a crazy that you need battery power to access the battery compartment - I don't know if this is a thing on newer cars.
Detroit, make sure you do not have the wiring going to a non-keyed fuse... meaning to something that provides energy all the time, when the key is off it should turn the accessory off. Secondly, if Porsche didn't do it themselves they will blame it on that and with good reason. There are so many hacks at the stereo and radar installation places that don't understand the wiring on Porsches, and if you end up creating a higher than normal parasitic drain your taking a big risk with the Porsche Lithium Battery. Any accessories add parasitic drain if not wired correctly, and Porsche are very sensative to voltage also. And yes if the Radar detector is connected incorrectly it could create a significan't parastic drain even though it seem like a small device.
The following users liked this post:
detroitr (06-14-2024)

Quick Reply: Battery Dead, Terminal Behind Fusebox?