Sponsored by:

Sacrilege or Brilliant?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2024, 09:56 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
RWB's are just as legendary as singer's - just for totally different reasons. He never claimed to make the fastest car but indeed car art. I also find it interesting that he seems to travel to his cars and not have the cars come to him. On the comment that people hate him in the 993 forum - well, I chuck this up as coming from some Porsche owners who despise any moditication on their precious car. Heck, I get snide comments for my rather modest modifications from folks who tell me how dare I modify something as perfect as a OEM 911. Oh well.
All the parts for the build get shipped to the site. He then flys out and spends a day or whatever working and smoking while lots of people watch and film. He'll then do a ride along with the owner. It's performance art the ends with an art car. That's my understanding of how it works.

Not fundamentally different than a singer and he's been doing it longer. I think he's stagnant and not evolving in his art but I'm not close enough to know for sure.

Any owner is free to do what they want with their car.
Old 06-09-2024, 10:07 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 434 Posts

RWB’s are great cars! A guy here locally with 2 GT2 RS’s and a Turbo S and several exotics has an RWB and it’s insane.

Gunther Werks is probably my favorite of these restoration projects.
Old 06-10-2024, 11:35 AM
jstap808
Racer

Received 169 Likes on 88 Posts

It's a shame there aren't more porsche restomod companies that don't charge small fortunes for a restore. I get parts can be hard to find and labor is expensive but surely it can be done for fractions of the cost of these companies. I mean if I can buy brand new state of the art cars today for way way less, why can't a restore be in-line with that given the cars are often much cheaper to start with? Would be great to see it done at larger scale to lower costs given so many people love the porsche brand and would buy NA cars over the newer turbo and over electronified cars.

Quick Reply: Sacrilege or Brilliant?