Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket springs for Targa 4 GTS (newbie question)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 09:07 AM
LJM992
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
PDCC is "Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control" a pricey option that allows the end of the sway bars to electronically disconnect for a smoother right over poor pavement and then when you press the button (will come on automatically in Sport Plus mode if yu have Sport Chrono) will connect the sway bars for flat cornering and minimal body roll.

New suggestion for you: Since the car is new, and you haven't learned the systems yet, probably best to avoid changing anything until you get used to what you have. Why not give it 6 months, play with the setting and read the owner's manual first? It's.very well engineered from the factory and changes to suspension means new alignments required, ground clearance affected, ease of entry / exit changes - all that.
Thank you, that's probably the smarter move. Dont get me wrong, I give the ride a 95/100. It's just that, as I mentioned in the OP, I did have a long term C2S rental with SPASM and really fell in love with the firmer/sportier ride. So if I can find an aftermarket setup that mimics that feel without, (as you mentioned) compromising the integrity of the wizardry at Stuttgart I would like to go that route. After all, this is the car of my dreams and I intend to keep it forever so I don't mind the extra investment to get it exactly how I want it. In any case, really appreciate your suggestion.
Old 06-11-2024, 09:13 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,134 Likes on 1,462 Posts

Originally Posted by LJM992
Thank you, that's probably the smarter move. Dont get me wrong, I give the ride a 95/100. It's just that, as I mentioned in the OP, I did have a long term C2S rental with SPASM and really fell in love with the firmer/sportier ride. So if I can find an aftermarket setup that mimics that feel without, (as you mentioned) compromising the integrity of the wizardry at Stuttgart I would like to go that route. After all, this is the car of my dreams and I intend to keep it forever so I don't mind the extra investment to get it exactly how I want it. In any case, really appreciate your suggestion.
The PDCC is superior to the PASM, just play around with it and try it on and off with the button, you'll like it! I have it on my 2021 Cab S.

Old 06-11-2024, 08:13 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 688 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by BobcatRidge
I believe PASM comes standard on the Targa GTS. PDCC is an extra option.
Thanks for clarifying. I couldn’t remember if the button was related to PASM or PDCC. Picture is from our 4S Targa.

Our 4S Cabriolet has PASM Sport (SPASM -10mm), PDCC, RAS, and FAL. Same button I showed above from the Targa on the cabriolet shows the PDCC lettering below the icon.

Targa 4S

Cabriolet 4S with PASM Sport suspension and PDCC

The following users liked this post:
LJM992 (06-12-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 08:17 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BobcatRidge
I believe PASM comes standard on the Targa GTS. PDCC is an extra option.
And OP stated he has PDCC. In any case, the firmer setting is definitely more in line with his desired firmness, but definitely not as firm as the PASM Sport.
LJM992 (06-12-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 09:22 AM
LJM992
Track Day

Originally Posted by Jeff Whitten
Thanks for clarifying. I couldn’t remember if the button was related to PASM or PDCC. Picture is from our 4S Targa.

Our 4S Cabriolet has PASM Sport (SPASM -10mm), PDCC, RAS, and FAL. Same button I showed above from the Targa on the cabriolet shows the PDCC lettering below the icon.

Targa 4S

Cabriolet 4S with PASM Sport suspension and PD
Thanks Jeff. Again, apologize for the naivety but from my understanding PASM is the option to change drive settings between normal, sport and sport plus. In the case of SPASM, when the chassis is in sport/sport plus the ride is noticeably firmer as its -10mm whereas its less discernible without the sport suspension. To my untrained hands (and buttocks) when PDCC is active it feels as if it increases ride comfort, even in Sports Plus. What I'm now trying to figure out is if PDCC can be turned on or off independent of setting the chassis to sport. In other words, PDCC turns on automatically in Sport Plus, or if I toggle PDCC on, the chassis will automatically go into Sport as well. Again, absolutely love the car- I'm just trying to figure out the settings that best suit my driving preferences, and if in fact I should lower the car to get that extra 5 or 10% driving feel I had with the C2S cab.

Last edited by LJM992; 06-12-2024 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2024, 07:47 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LJM992
Thanks Jeff. Again, apologize for the naivety but from my understanding PASM is the option to change drive settings between normal, sport and sport plus. In the case of SPASM, when the chassis is in sport/sport plus the ride is noticeably firmer as its -10mm whereas its less discernible without the sport suspension. To my untrained hands (and buttocks) when PDCC is active it feels as if it increases ride comfort, even in Sports Plus. What I'm now trying to figure out is if PDCC can be turned on or off independent of setting the chassis to sport. In other words, PDCC turns on automatically in Sport Plus, or if I toggle PDCC on, the chassis will automatically go into Sport as well. Again, absolutely love the car- I'm just trying to figure out the settings that best suit my driving preferences, and if in fact I should lower the car to get that extra 5 or 10% driving feel I had with the C2S cab.
Yes sport plus turns PDCC on automatically to firmer setting. You can deselect it from the dash to go back to softer setting while in sports plus.

Glad to hear you have played with this and experienced different settings. If you are still looking for firmer, you are in the spring swap category with HAS springs, firmer aftermarket springs, or coil overs.
Old 06-12-2024, 07:51 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Just for your info from another thread. May help you as you choose an aftermarket solution if vendors will share spring rate with you.

LJM992 (06-12-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 10:30 PM
LJM992
Track Day

Originally Posted by Jeff Whitten
Just for your info from another thread. May help you as you choose an aftermarket solution if vendors will share spring rate with you.
Super helpful! Thank you
Jeff Whitten (06-14-2024)

Quick Reply: Aftermarket springs for Targa 4 GTS (newbie question)