Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992.2 - Rationale for Picking Carrera Cabriolet over Carrera GTS Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2024, 08:02 PM
03LX470
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 992.2 - Rationale for Picking Carrera Cabriolet over Carrera GTS Cabriolet

I’ve been on the list since 2022 for GTS Cabriolet but the era of 992.1 went by!

When the 992.2 were announced and my dealership got a Carrera Cab allocation (and no GTS Cab allocation), I requested for the Carrera Cab allocation “bird in hand” rather than wait and see if GTS Cab allocations come for Q4.

My reasons:

- During the 992.1 era I had a S Coupe (used), Base Cab (used), 4S Cab (used) and GT3 (new). The base Cab felt sufficient because I never wanted it to drive, or expected it to drive, like the GT3. I used it the mostly as a DD and it felt good going to work and even running errands in a 911! I guess that’s what I want to do more going forward.

- The .1 phase seems to run 5 years and the .2 phase seems to run only 3 years so would like to take the version I can get the soonest to start enjoying it. I wouldn’t want to get a .2 in its second or third year when a totally new generation is around the corner (994?)

- I always wanted Aventurine Green but I think I’ll love the new Shade Green even more! Aventurine was confused with Agate from certain angles in indoor pictures, Shade Green seems more explicitly green albeit lighter, but very cool! Should keep the dust invisible for few days!

- Slate Grey is my second favorite, I had it once on a Cayman S when it was launched around 18 years back. Agate was really nice but it had been around for 10 years and Slate is much more deeper grey.

- My configuration will be very high spec and 992.2 are already very expensive so the base Carrera allows me to be lavish almost reaching the GTS price!

- I admire the power of the GTS but don’t like that everything should be black theme. I want the sport design kit in body color, wheels in polished/silver look, maybe even an interior wood trim, perhaps!

- I don’t like the GTS tail pipes in the middle being spaced out, but love the ones together on a real GT3 or the split ones on the base Carrera !

- What I’ll really miss with the base Carrera Cab is the PDCC and RAS (have both on 992.1 4S Cab, but not available on base Carrera 992.2, it seems). However, I do recall my 991.1 base Carrera Cab felt very light and agile anyway so not all is lost but hopefully a lot is gained with the 992.2 !
The following 3 users liked this post by 03LX470:
docrcab (08-04-2024), Jeff Whitten (06-01-2024), snakepilot 69 (06-02-2024)
Old 06-01-2024, 08:07 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 321 Posts

You’re experienced and your rationale I think is well thought out. Shade green a great choice. Tune will get you more power later if desired. Go for it. Team cabriolet approves. 👍🏻
Old 06-01-2024, 09:13 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,189 Likes on 2,066 Posts

My current GTS is Shark Blue, but I really like Shade Green. But, I also love Mint, too.

Quick Reply: 992.2 - Rationale for Picking Carrera Cabriolet over Carrera GTS Cabriolet