Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992.2 S allocation waitlist client, would you try to get on 992.2 base waitlist?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2024, 06:20 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 854 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoothoperator
thanks. do you have to pay any dealership addon?
Zero.
Old 06-02-2024, 06:23 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,479 Posts

Historically, C&D has a reputation to uphold & normally gets the scoop. I wouldn’t be surprised if the referenced internal documents are legitimate. Time will tell.

Internal documents we’ve seen indicate that the GTS and Turbo will ditch the 3.0- and 3.7-liter forced-induction flat-six engines of today for a new twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter unit. A naturally aspirated variant will eventually step in for the screaming 4.0-liter of the current GT3, GT3 RS, and S/T. Look for the 3.6-powered 992.2 GT3 to come online for the 2027 model year. The 992.2 Carrera and Carrera S models will keep the twin-*turbo 3.0-liter engine for now, albeit with slight bumps in output
Old 06-02-2024, 06:26 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 854 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by shuz
That is illegal in canada
no it isn’t as long as the fees are disclosed in any advertised price. Google it…

Old 06-02-2024, 07:24 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by gulfblu
Why do say most likely hybrid? Car and driver early leak is batting 1000 so far, they said the base and s will keep the twin turbo and add ~10hp each. So far so good with them being the leak talking piece of Porsche. Where have you heard the s will be hybrid? I am waiting for 992.2s also, fully expect it to be twin turbo plus 9hp.
At first I thought they would abandon the S but when I saw "Carrera S " wheels as an option on the base it solved that . I believe it will be a non hybrid . If they offer a manual as well as PCCB both are not available on the base . The car would sell.

To some extent I feel they threw the GTS under the bus . There is a lot to love about the car and it's obvious that Porsche threw the kitchen sink at it . I watched the drag and roll on the premiere again . On the drag the GTS beat it but on the roll it badly beat it . It just leaped out at the snap so hard that I would like to see it roll against a Turbo S . It would be closer . That said , being faster and having faster lap times is not enough . When the 718 launched the 4 cylinder it beat the 981 in all those categories but no one loved the car . The power delivery and exhaust sound was horrible . Every comparison video of the first vs the second is leaving comments about the exhaust note weakness .

I would not normally look at the Base or S but I am now . I also find it odd that Porsche broke with tradition by launching the GTS first . Every GTS promo car that I can think of was Carmine except this one . Something is just off .
Old 06-04-2024, 10:46 AM
malba2366
Burning Brakes

Received 750 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
At first I thought they would abandon the S but when I saw "Carrera S " wheels as an option on the base it solved that . I believe it will be a non hybrid . If they offer a manual as well as PCCB both are not available on the base . The car would sell.
The current 3.0 Turbo will not be able to provide enough power and still meet emissions standards.

The 3.6 Turbo engine without the hybrid system has roughly the same output as the current GTS. If they can install the e turbo without the hybrid system then that could be a possibility for the S...I suspect they need hybrid for the 400 v system which is why they went Hybrid on the GTS in the first place. The most likely outcome is that the S ends up with a detuned GTS powertrain. Another left field possibility is that they drop the S model in the EU and bring it to US with the current GTS powertrain.

Quick Reply: 992.2 S allocation waitlist client, would you try to get on 992.2 base waitlist?