Sponsored by:

My 2024 Carrera T Mods Are Done!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 07:22 PM
911Gr8tness
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice mod list! would love to see more pictures

How is the ride quality on the HAS kit at highway speed over bumps compared to stock?
Old 05-25-2024, 10:08 PM
BarryC
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dudeoverthere
What is required to get the benefit of the S/GTS turbos? Can they just be bolted on or is a tune needed? A tune is required and MEngineering is the only one I know of that offers it. Since the turbos are OEM and the motor is the same across base through GTS, they bolt up with no issues.

Also curious what boost the T turbos run and what your upgraded ones are at? My S, no tune, maxes out at 17 psi of boost
I don't know the max boost for this turbo setup with the MEngineering tune.

Originally Posted by Mr.Bourne
Need some interior pics!
My son is an excellent photographer and I plan to get him to do a photoshoot sometime soon.

Originally Posted by CJDCREW
I’d love to hear any post mod thoughts on your car, I’m contemplating pretty much everything g you’ve done on my T. How do you find the brakes now (I’m guessing no real noticeable difference in everyday but curious), do you find the character of the car to have changed markedly with the bigger turbos and tune? Any other notable thoughts? Love what you’ve done.
The character of the car is the same - just turned up when I want it to be. Comfortable cruising and can rip when pushed. I had a 992 GT3 and this car is not as sharp but that's no surprise. It's a better street car especially with the mods I've made. Ride quality is great, exhaust sounds good with a fair amount of turbo whistle especially with the valves open. Bottom line is I'm very happy with the results!

Originally Posted by 911Gr8tness
Nice mod list! would love to see more pictures

How is the ride quality on the HAS kit at highway speed over bumps compared to stock?
Ride quality is excellent and I recommend using the comfort tire pressures (29/32psi)

Thanks! Barry
The following users liked this post:
CJDCREW (05-25-2024)
Old 05-25-2024, 10:12 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 745 Likes on 333 Posts

FWIW my GTS tune with M Stage 2 can push 27+ psi depending on conditions, if my data logging math is correct. I want to say stock GTS is 18.6.
mattchow (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 01:38 PM
mattchow
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by zachr
IC isn't necessary but you'll be able to hold peak power much longer - these cars pull timing due to IATs even stock, and it happens much faster with the tune.

I still haven't gotten a satisfactory explanation of why I'd change the piping though... I didn't bother.

Anyways, really tastefully done, OP. Those wheels are 🥵... they'll be next for me, but I already blew through my mods budget for the year and then some lol
I did all the piping because it was part of the do88 big pack kit. Turbo inlet pipe because the stock one is much smaller, hard plastic.
Old 05-26-2024, 03:55 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

Out of curiosity Barry, what made you decide to move on from the 992 GT3 into a modded Carrera T?
Old 05-26-2024, 04:13 PM
BarryC
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Out of curiosity Barry, what made you decide to move on from the 992 GT3 into a modded Carrera T?
The GT3 was an awesome car but kinda boring as a daily and, tbh, I bought it to flip it. Since that car, I’ve had a Boxster T and C8 Z06. My current car is my favorite after the mods I’ve made. It looks great, relatively comfortable and fast so it suits me to a T.
M3Inline6 (05-26-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 04:37 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by BarryC
The GT3 was an awesome car but kinda boring as a daily and, tbh, I bought it to flip it. Since that car, I’ve had a Boxster T and C8 Z06. My current car is my favorite after the mods I’ve made. It looks great, relatively comfortable and fast so it suits me to a T.
Got it! The “T” is clean for sure. I’m thinking of doing the intercooler upgrade you’ve done.

Quick Reply: My 2024 Carrera T Mods Are Done!