Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992.1 Seatbelt retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024 | 02:41 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Default 992.1 Seatbelt retrofit

Am thinking of updating my interior for my 2021 Carrera S to add some new flare/individualization which I missed at time of allocation and original build back in 2020. Don't need a whole new car thanks but am thinking of adding Chalk or Silver seat belts to change up the inside a bit and match the exterior of the car. Don't have deviated stitching just basic black on black interior. Wanted to know if anyone has done so previously [seat belt swap out] and if so what pros/cons and any issues you encountered? Not thinking its an easy DITY job so will have local independent shop or dealer do so probably. Planning to add SOUL pipes to the car also and short shift kit (Porsche OEM avail on Suncoast or Numeric Racing - which is better?) so will be part of my summer upgrades.

In any event is this a cost prohibitive plan/upgrade and interested in thoughts/comments of anyone who has done so. Thanks in advance.

Carrera by the shore HI style...
Old 05-20-2024 | 05:31 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Am thinking of updating my interior for my 2021 Carrera S to add some new flare/individualization which I missed at time of allocation and original build back in 2020. Don't need a whole new car thanks but am thinking of adding Chalk or Silver seat belts to change up the inside a bit and match the exterior of the car. Don't have deviated stitching just basic black on black interior. Wanted to know if anyone has done so previously [seat belt swap out] and if so what pros/cons and any issues you encountered? Not thinking its an easy DITY job so will have local independent shop or dealer do so probably. Planning to add SOUL pipes to the car also and short shift kit (Porsche OEM avail on Suncoast or Numeric Racing - which is better?) so will be part of my summer upgrades.

In any event is this a cost prohibitive plan/upgrade and interested in thoughts/comments of anyone who has done so. Thanks in advance.

Carrera by the shore HI style...
It’s not cost prohibitive, but to change seatbelts you’d be pulling your car apart a bit. If it’s rattle free, it might not be after you upgrade belts.
Old 05-20-2024 | 06:21 AM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Look up GT3belts. I've good things about them and might offer more choices to spice up that interior.

Quick Reply: 992.1 Seatbelt retrofit