Instrument cluster options

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 05:43 AM
LukaC
AutoX

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Instrument cluster options

It might be that I'm overlooking something, but:
1) When I show the map in the instrument cluster, the car position placed on the right side, perfectly covered by the steering wheel. Is there a way of centering it?

Also, very annoying, the map keeps popping up every time there is a navigation event. Any way of turning that off?

2) I figure this is a 992 Turbo thing, but the bar above the fuel gauge shows the turbo pressure, rather than oil temperature. This is not only useless but borderline dangerous. Since it is obscured by the steering wheel you have to tilt and move your head to see it..which is not a good thing to do when the turbo boost kicks in. What were they thinking? Is there any way of changing that to the far more useful oil temperature?

My car is a MY24 992 Turbo S.

Last edited by LukaC; 05-19-2024 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-19-2024, 01:43 PM
PSPorsche
Pro

Received 420 Likes on 251 Posts

(1)
Regarding your navigation cursor not being centered, there is already a thread about this Navigation Cursor Not Centered in Instrument Cluster.
This may be an issue plaguing cars built in the recent months of 2024.
My car completed production on January 10th, and I do not have the problem.
I posted my PCM software version info on the other thread; you might want to compare yours with mine.

I don't know how to stop the map from popping up in the instrument cluster.

(2)
Regarding the instrument cluster, there is an option to show a simplified view. I haven't tried it, but I assume it hides the info that would be hidden by the steering wheel and your hands. May be it also moves important info (like temperature) closer to the center? You can try this mode using the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel to see if it improves anything.

The following users liked this post:
LukaC (05-20-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 06:35 AM
LukaC
AutoX

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PSPorsche
(1)
Regarding your navigation cursor not being centered, there is already a thread about this Navigation Cursor Not Centered in Instrument Cluster.
This may be an issue plaguing cars built in the recent months of 2024.
My car completed production on January 10th, and I do not have the problem.
I posted my PCM software version info on the other thread; you might want to compare yours with mine.

I don't know how to stop the map from popping up in the instrument cluster.

(2)
Regarding the instrument cluster, there is an option to show a simplified view. I haven't tried it, but I assume it hides the info that would be hidden by the steering wheel and your hands. May be it also moves important info (like temperature) closer to the center? You can try this mode using the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel to see if it improves anything.
Thanks! I missed the existing thread - okay, so it's an existing issue. As for (2), yes, the simplified view shows oil temperature nicely, but it does not show other things I want to see. I'm usually interested in:
- (Always) Oil temp & tire temp. This gives me the info on when I can start pushing the car a bit harder.
- (Sometimes) Map, Night Vision Assistant. The former when navigating and when the main display is on media. The latter sometimes at night, although to be honest, the implementation and position are so poor that it's not super useful. Taycan's NVA is not great either but still much more useful than in the 992.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:38 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

You can customize what is able to toggle in the right screen (via your rotation *** on the steering wheel). Go into the PCM and disable maps. Of course now you will not have the maps in the far right display, but the turn by turn will not show up in the right screen, only on the main PCM.

I didn't realize anyone used the Built in Navigation anymore (I always wonder why any maker even has it as standard) with Waze, Google maps, Apple maps, etc.) there is much better nav tools out there, which also is updated more frequently, etc. So I have disabled maps as one of my toggle options in the right screen, set up my individual selections for Oil, water, etc. in my display (but still can toggle to tire pressure, and a few others). And use my main display as nav with Waze or whatever the flavor of choice is.

Not the option your were looking for, but an option :-)
The following users liked this post:
Tobeit (05-20-2024)

Quick Reply: Instrument cluster options