Help quick...Please review my Carrera T build

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 07:22 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 859 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by Risley
A couple questions I had that were confusing on the configurator were:

1. The option for window trim in "high gloss black". What color or finish is the standard window trim?

2. Should I delete the Carrera T side decals?

3. Power Steering Plus really needed?

4. I've read plenty of debates on RAS, and it seems to be 50/50 on get it or ditch it......I personally don't care one way or the other, BUT...does it help resale value having it?
1. Standard is satin black. You should go and see for yourself. To me, it's not worth spending money on changing. Gloss black leads down the path of wanting other things gloss black which are finger print and scratch magnets.
2. Up to you. I personally like the contrast in color that ties in with the wheels and mirror covers on a lighter colored car. Again, people love to argue over it as some despise decals like the plague. You need to see them for yourself. I say take them because they are free and if you end up not liking them, you can remove them yourself.
3. No. It helps in slow speed maneuvers like in parking lots. More useful if you have low upper body strength but it's not like it's that hard to begin with.
4. Something that people here LOVE to argue over it with extreme passion. If you want a more OG feel, skip it. If you want a somewhat rear-engined physics defying handling feel, take it. If you THINK you might enjoy it, just remember that you can't add it after the fact like all the other style options. Never take options over resale concerns. It will be 50/50 on the used market just like how it is on the new market.

You really should spend some time at a dealer to see these aesthetic design options yourself and not rely on strangers on the internet. Most of these things can been seen or experienced on any Porsche and not just on a T except the decals.
The following users liked this post:
carla992 (05-09-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 07:26 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,319 Likes on 496 Posts

If you are getting GT Silver, add the interior trim in exterior color option.

Also the exclusive design wheels look amazing on GT Silver.
rasetsu (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 07:27 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,199 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Yeah, the 4 ways are fine for me. My longest stint was 6.5 hours driving back from Montreal last summer post-Canadian GP. My SA dissuaded me (heavily) from buying the 18 ways due to the fact there is a hard bit in the leg bolsters that makes the seats very uncomfortable. I've heard this complaint from a number of people after ordering the 4 ways. If you can stretch your budget by $3570 I highly highly recommend the Lizard Green T package; $6930-$540-$2820= $3570 (red belts and 18 ways). Every time I get in my car I am struck at how awesome this combo looks. The no cost interior trim in exterior color is very nice as well, gets rid of most of the black trim prone to fingerprints.

Last edited by Scott P; 05-03-2024 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2024, 07:57 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 859 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishah
If you are getting GT Silver, add the interior trim in exterior color option.
Yes! I forgot to mention this! It's free on the T and GT Silver is one of the colors that looks really good for the interior trim over the piano black.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:30 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,584 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by kilyung
If i were building it more with resale in mind…

2024 Carrera T
GT Silver Metallic
Carrera S Wheels Titanium Grey
Standard Interior with Checkered Sport-Tex Seat Centers
Standard seats
No rear seats

7 Speed Manual
Storage package (free)
Smoking package (free)

Seat Belts Guards Red
Bose

However if I was building to keep them very different.
In most instances I believe without the rear seats might be a deterrent at resale. Prime example, I know of a dealer that has been sitting on a minimalist T build with no rear seats for over a month now and it is in a desirable color too, Shark Blue. The lack of the rear seats has prohibited the dealer for being able to move it to individuals that have looked at. The perspective buyers have desired the rear seats.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 05-03-2024 at 08:37 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RatherJaded:
doug_999 (05-04-2024), rasetsu (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 09:35 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
Yeah, the 4 ways are fine for me. My longest stint was 6.5 hours driving back from Montreal last summer post-Canadian GP. My SA dissuaded me (heavily) from buying the 18 ways due to the fact there is a hard bit in the leg bolsters that makes the seats very uncomfortable. I've heard this complaint from a number of people after ordering the 4 ways. If you can stretch your budget by $3570 I highly highly recommend the Lizard Green T package; $6930-$540-$2820= $3570 (red belts and 18 ways). Every time I get in my car I am struck at how awesome this combo looks. The no cost interior trim in exterior color is very nice as well, gets rid of most of the black trim prone to fingerprints.

I love that Scott, would have never thought bright green goes with silver. However, from a resale standpoint, could it prove difficult to sell? I ask because my racing yellow Carrera T was a PITA to sell, everyone said “oh…yellow is tough to sell”. And it was.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:37 PM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
In most instances I believe without the rear seats might be a deterrent at resale. Prime example, I know of a dealer that has been sitting on a minimalist T build with no rear seats for over a month now and it is in a desirable color too, Shark Blue. The lack of the rear seats has prohibited the dealer for being able to move it to individuals that have looked at. The perspective buyers have desired the rear seats.
I think rear no rear seats gives the T more usability storage than rear seats that nobody can sit in.
jpgallo (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 10:00 PM
jpgallo
Track Day

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

I basically have the same configuration and love it. I got the sport design package and no decals. Love the look. I might get some black wheels for a bit more contrast than the std grey ones, but that's the only thing I would change.

you could add an extra touch of color inside with red tach or clock.

Enjoy!
Old 05-03-2024, 10:11 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 421 Posts

You mentioned forgoing the LWBS because you need lumbar support. There are aftermarket insert replacements that include a bladder for that.

I’ve had Porsches with 14 ways, 4 ways, and LWBS. Loved the added feel you get with the LWBS. My incoming GTS is optioned with the LWBS.

No matter what you end up with. Your going to love it.

Congrats and enjoy.

Last edited by phefner; 05-03-2024 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2024, 11:37 PM
Mr.Bourne
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

A couple questions I had that were confusing on the configurator were:

1. The option for window trim in "high gloss black". What color or finish is the standard window trim?
Think shiny aluminum.

2. Should I delete the Carrera T side decals?
Makes T special. Keep them.

3. Power Steering Plus really needed?
Don’t think so
4. I've read plenty of debates on RAS, and it seems to be 50/50 on get it or ditch it......I personally don't care one way or the other, BUT...does it help resale value having it?
This RAS is needed (GT3 has it standard), but plenty don’t get it.
Old 05-04-2024, 12:24 AM
jstap808
Racer

Received 169 Likes on 88 Posts

2024 Carrera TGT Silver MetallicCarrera S Wheels Titanium GreyStandard Interior with Checkered Sport-Tex Seat CentersAdaptive Sport Seats Plus 18 Way with Memory (only doing this because I need lumbar support)Under Door Puddle Light Projectors (TOSS. Very gimmicky)7 Speed ManualPorsche Dynamic Light System Plus PDLS+ (TOSS. Standard lights are perfectly acceptable, no need for +)Exclusive Design Tail Lights (clear lens)Storage PackageSeat Belts Guards RedGT Sport Steering Wheel in Race-Tex - Is this the fatter steering wheel? I prefer thicker steering wheels (TOSS. Race-tex looks gross after it's been touched by greasy hands over the course of months/years)Lane Change Assist LCABose
Old 05-04-2024, 10:54 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 429 Posts

I bet your dealer can tell you about which items help the resale vs hurt a lot better than the “experts” here.

and I can tell you that you should buy the car you want and stop focusing on resale
The following 2 users liked this post by doug_999:
Risley (05-04-2024), txpackers (05-05-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 11:06 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,584 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999
I bet your dealer can tell you about which items help the resale vs hurt a lot better than the “experts” here.

and I can tell you that you should buy the car you want and stop focusing on resale

Agreed to an extent. Be aware that some Porsche Brand Ambassadors will attempt to sell upsell individuals items that do not need as well in an attempt to increase their commission.
rasetsu (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 12:23 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,390 Likes on 671 Posts

I love that Scott, would have never thought bright green goes with silver. However, from a resale standpoint, could it prove difficult to sell? I ask because my racing yellow Carrera T was a PITA to sell, everyone said “oh…yellow is tough to sell”. And it was.
Looks great but I think you need the leather interior option not the standard vinyl pebble dash and doors- which btw looks cheap IMHO. A 125K car with the interior material of a 30K Honda.
Old 05-04-2024, 12:24 PM
Cachaco
Instructor

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

No need for 18 ways. Get a small cushion. This is from se omens with a major back injury. I'm loving the 4 ways
The following 2 users liked this post by Cachaco:
rasetsu (05-04-2024), RatherJaded (05-04-2024)

Quick Reply: Help quick...Please review my Carrera T build