Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 build lost in the Porsche-o-sphere?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2024 | 12:28 AM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Will Motivation
My car left the port yesterday it seems yay!
Hope I'm not the only one.
congrats! Mine was very fast in this stage. May yours be so as well, and may you enjoy as much as I am!
The following users liked this post:
Will Motivation (08-30-2024)
Old 08-30-2024 | 02:16 AM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by CJDCREW
congrats! Mine was very fast in this stage. May yours be so as well, and may you enjoy as much as I am!
Thank you! Can't wait to share my experiences with the car. Just hoping I'm not the only lucky one here, or maybe just the last of the batch of delayed folks on this thread...
Which port did you come through once the car arrived in the U.S.?
I'm coming through Maryland it looks like, whichever port that is.

About to order wheels for it soon. Everything else is ready to go on the car except gotta figure out what suspension mods I'm going to do, if any.
How's the power of the car feel compared to some other cars you've owned? I'm slightly worried it might not feel that quick.
My little supra with JB4 tune is a beast. Hoping it can at least hang with that...
Old 08-30-2024 | 07:32 AM
CJDCREW
Rennlist Member

Thank you! Can't wait to share my experiences with the car. Just hoping I'm not the only lucky one here, or maybe just the last of the batch of delayed folks on this thread...
Which port did you come through once the car arrived in the U.S.?
I'm coming through Maryland it looks like, whichever port that is.

About to order wheels for it soon. Everything else is ready to go on the car except gotta figure out what suspension mods I'm going to do, if any.
How's the power of the car feel compared to some other cars you've owned? I'm slightly worried it might not feel that quick.
My little supra with JB4 tune is a beast. Hoping it can at least hang with that...
kind of feeling like you may be among the last waiting! I came in through Freeport. Hopefully yours in Maryland will be even quicker than mine, you certainly are an earlier stop.To answer your question - I would say it is quicker than you’d expect with stated power. It doesn’t feel much slower than my tuned M5 even though objectively I know it must be. I’ve got some good track time in the GTS and it’s objectively slower but hardly feels it on the road. Maybe when I do a hard lunch or a good 80-140 pull, but around town? Not much. Does it totally crush you into your seat? No, but it willl build speed quite quickly and when in the right gear it will react with alacrity. The driving experience is phenomenal, just so well sorted and I think the balance of the car is where it really excels. Steering, shifting, suspension are well dialed. I got manual and the fun of popping through gears is something I really missed so enjoying that thoroughly. All that said, as I noted I likely will do a an exhaust and tune at some point. Larger GTS turbos would be my last move if I just get too used the gidddyup. I know the reviews are great but I’m very nervous about messing this car up with changes. The sum of the parts of the car is really fantastic.

Last edited by CJDCREW; 08-30-2024 at 07:34 AM.
Will Motivation (08-30-2024)
Old 09-02-2024 | 03:31 PM
Samolyot
Advanced

As announced in the waiting room thread - I have been paroled from production finally, a week early. Hopefully I can get a spot on the nearest ship.

The following 2 users liked this post by Samolyot:
CJDCREW (09-02-2024), Will Motivation (09-02-2024)
Old 09-02-2024 | 03:50 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by Samolyot
As announced in the waiting room thread - I have been paroled from production finally, a week early. Hopefully I can get a spot on the nearest ship.
Yes! Congrats to you my friend. Hope it gets shipped out as quick as mine did. I think I was in Emden for only like 2 or 3 days.
Old 09-02-2024 | 09:10 PM
tr41t0r
Instructor

Wrong thing

Last edited by tr41t0r; 09-02-2024 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-04-2024 | 05:05 PM
Samolyot
Advanced

Finally made it to Emden!
Will Motivation (09-04-2024)
Old 09-04-2024 | 05:27 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by Samolyot
Finally made it to Emden!
Congrats! Hope it ships soon my friend!
Old 09-17-2024 | 02:18 AM
McQueen95
Track Day

Approaching a month of my 992.1 C2S sitting at the San Diego port, just baking in the sun. TYD originally said it would be one day from arriving at the port to my dealer. But every 5 days or so, it pushes the dates back another 5-10 days. My SA said 2 weeks ago that it passed PDI and was released for transport. But I don't know how that can be true with TYD constantly pushing these final steps back - now two weeks out from today! The irony is my dealership is San Diego - just up the road from the port. I also live 10 minutes from the port and work downtown. I could walk to my car from my office. 😩

Does anyone know of any recalls, or missing chips, etc. right now? Any other 992.1's stuck in any port anywhere in the US?
Old 09-17-2024 | 04:07 AM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by McQueen95

Approaching a month of my 992.1 C2S sitting at the San Diego port, just baking in the sun. TYD originally said it would be one day from arriving at the port to my dealer. But every 5 days or so, it pushes the dates back another 5-10 days. My SA said 2 weeks ago that it passed PDI and was released for transport. But I don't know how that can be true with TYD constantly pushing these final steps back - now two weeks out from today! The irony is my dealership is San Diego - just up the road from the port. I also live 10 minutes from the port and work downtown. I could walk to my car from my office. 😩

Does anyone know of any recalls, or missing chips, etc. right now? Any other 992.1's stuck in any port anywhere in the US?
Not aware of any recalls or missing chips etc... Hopefully it gets passed through soon for you man...
Hopefully the below pics will give you a glimmer of hope, as my 992.1 Carrera T just made it to the dealership and went through PDI today and I hope to get it tomorrow!

CJDCREW (09-17-2024)
Old 09-17-2024 | 10:24 AM
tr41t0r
Instructor

Not aware of any recalls or missing chips etc... Hopefully it gets passed through soon for you man...
Hopefully the below pics will give you a glimmer of hope, as my 992.1 Carrera T just made it to the dealership and went through PDI today and I hope to get it tomorrow!
you made it friend. Congrats
Will Motivation (09-17-2024)
Old 09-17-2024 | 02:37 PM
Will Motivation
Racer

Originally Posted by tr41t0r
you made it friend. Congrats
Thank you! Super excited to get my hands on the car. I thought I would get it today, but dealer said it wasnt ready yet, so I'm going to get it Thursday morning.
It's getting window tint now. Going to find someone to do PPF after my guy looks at the paint condition.
Videos and pics incoming

Quick Reply: 992 build lost in the Porsche-o-sphere?