Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which style bumper do you prefer?
I like the standard front bumper
40.56%
I linked the Sport Design front bumper
59.44%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone else not a fan of the Sport Design front bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 685 Likes on 316 Posts

For me, the AeroKit (Sport Design + Wing) is a must. Otherwise it's a NO DEAL for me. Lucky I got it on my 2024 Porsche 911 Carrera T coming very soon.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRSEJB12

Disclaimer: I've gotten so much hate for breaking tradition with the Carrera T ethos... I built this config for me, not the next buyer and not anyone else... I plan to daily drive it.
Old 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
dmia
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 21 Posts

SD front looks ok, but too much like the old 991. I didn’t want my new 911 to look like my old one.
The following 3 users liked this post by dmia:
Final_Final_v4 (04-18-2024), RatherJaded (05-07-2024), suffer (04-17-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 08:40 PM
dak656
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadworrier
if I had ordered a bright or light color (especially yellow), I'd go sport design front, but I still would not get the aero kit or sport design rear. However, in Gentian Blue, the base front (which has the active aero, an actual plus) looks great.
yep! I have same opinion. Darker colors make the standard bumper stand out a lot less, and I wanted the active aero. I am on Team Standard Bumper.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:38 PM
PSPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 428 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
that's like asking someone to justify why they prefer silver vs. black, it's completely subjective and personal to the owner.
This isn’t a trial. No one has to prove anything. Just share your personal opinions.

Using your example, someone could like black color “just because” (and that’s fine), but another person may like it because they think it reflects light along the lines of the car better than white. There could be many many more reasons.

So far people have shared very interesting and varied reasons for liking one or the other bumper! It’s interesting to see how folks think.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:59 AM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 701 Likes on 321 Posts

After reading through the comments, I went back to the configuration and pulled a few pics on mine to look at again what drove my decisions.

1. Standard bumper, no side skirts. Looks great, but for me I didn’t like the black plastic dominance across the front bumper. If this was all that was available, would have still been happy with it. Black lip, black side skirt looks good and ties together nicely. But then…..

2. Sport design front bumper, body color lip, sport design side skirts. I loved the angled body color elements in the bumper center, breaking up the plastic look, and cleaner intercooler area design. I have always enjoyed the color matched look for skirting on other vehicles, and this hit the right mark for me. Just right. Beautiful and my config I went with. Now onto the rear……

3-4. Standard bumper looked just right to me. Like the license plate placement low, and smooth rear end across the back. the sport design I liked with the nice fin on the side, and I liked the area between the exhaust, but moving the plate up for me broke the beautiful design of the rear. So I stayed with the standard rear bumper.

In the end, was very pleased with options to mix and match to my liking. If the package had been all or nothing, I would have still picked the Sport Design package, and lived with the rear bumper.

I loved the 992 design from inception and had been my dream to own one. Couldn’t be happier with the car. Looks and drives great. Still look back at it every time I park. For me, lips and hips. A great combination. Not a bad selection in the bunch. Enjoy!

Standard bumper, no side skirts

Sport design front bumper, side skirts, body color

Standard rear bumper

Sport design rear bumper

The following 2 users liked this post by Jeff Whitten:
HOTCHKIS (04-18-2024), tourenwagen (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 01:47 AM
sur5or
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Got mine the way the original buyer spec’d it…

Originally Posted by Jeff Whitten
After reading through the comments, I went back to the configuration and pulled a few pics on mine to look at again what drove my decisions.

1. Standard bumper, no side skirts. Looks great, but for me I didn’t like the black plastic dominance across the front bumper. If this was all that was available, would have still been happy with it. Black lip, black side skirt looks good and ties together nicely. But then…..

2. Sport design front bumper, body color lip, sport design side skirts. I loved the angled body color elements in the bumper center, breaking up the plastic look, and cleaner intercooler area design. I have always enjoyed the color matched look for skirting on other vehicles, and this hit the right mark for me. Just right. Beautiful and my config I went with. Now onto the rear……

3-4. Standard bumper looked just right to me. Like the license plate placement low, and smooth rear end across the back. the sport design I liked with the nice fin on the side, and I liked the area between the exhaust, but moving the plate up for me broke the beautiful design of the rear. So I stayed with the standard rear bumper.

In the end, was very pleased with options to mix and match to my liking. If the package had been all or nothing, I would have still picked the Sport Design package, and lived with the rear bumper.

I loved the 992 design from inception and had been my dream to own one. Couldn’t be happier with the car. Looks and drives great. Still look back at it every time I park. For me, lips and hips. A great combination. Not a bad selection in the bunch. Enjoy!

Standard bumper, no side skirts

Sport design front bumper, side skirts, body color

Standard rear bumper

Sport design rear bumper

I bought my C4S CPO and it has full SD package… I have longed tried to figure out why (aside from brain mush/“I wouldn’t kick you out of bed for having unpainted bumpers…” that happens the first time you drive it) I literally thought the 992 in pics at launch caused me to think “that’s a full diaper!” From the sizable rump, vs my love for it in person. Thanks to these photos, I know—or at least suspect, that it is license plate placement. The higher plate with SD negates the diaper effect, for me.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Whitten (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 10:06 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,396 Likes on 1,200 Posts

This is subjective so there's no right or wrong. I've had each on my two 992's and I prefer the SD bumper by a long shot. It harks back to the 991.2 GT3 for me which ties in nicely with the aerokit. In the simplest terms I can think off the non-SD looks more aggressive, and the SD looks more sportly/sleek.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:52 AM
Dan006
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 109 Posts

SD for its elegance
Old 04-18-2024, 11:30 AM
F8Driver
Pro

Received 336 Likes on 199 Posts

I think the best looking option was the standard facia with the paint to body color option. That broke up the gaping maw look just enough. As my allocation came through as a GTS vice S, I didn't get to pursue that option.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:40 AM
Motorin Mark
Racer

Received 430 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by F8Driver
I think the best looking option was the standard facia with the paint to body color option. That broke up the gaping maw look just enough. As my allocation came through as a GTS vice S, I didn't get to pursue that option.
That's what I decided on and I think its a great cross between the standard and the sport design. But obviously this is such a personal choice as they all look good.

Old 04-18-2024, 12:06 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,414 Likes on 685 Posts

In my opinion it is six of one and a half dozen of the other-add in the extra cost and the standard bumper is what I chose.

Quick Reply: Anyone else not a fan of the Sport Design front bumper?