Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did OTA update change my cold start.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 06:37 PM
GTS2022
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Did OTA update change my cold start.

Hi folks I have a JCR valved exhaust with a very loud cold start which is actually sometimes obnoxiously loud. I left my car couple weeks ago as I left for a work trip. When I returned, I observed that my cold start has been significantly muted compared to prior. I’m wondering was there any OTA update that altered my cold start. I don’t see any error codes and my exhaust otherwise works ok. I have this exhaust installed for almost 10 months now. Any thoughts?
Old 04-14-2024, 09:04 AM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 669 Likes on 434 Posts

Maybe your ears are still plugged up from the flight back? (sarcasm)

I don't know of any OTA update that would change those setting, however I am not versed in the ins and outs of that very well.
Old 04-14-2024, 10:44 PM
alex98ti
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 59 Posts

Where do I sign up for this OTA update 😉
Old 04-15-2024, 11:39 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS2022
Hi folks I have a JCR valved exhaust with a very loud cold start which is actually sometimes obnoxiously loud. I left my car couple weeks ago as I left for a work trip. When I returned, I observed that my cold start has been significantly muted compared to prior. I’m wondering was there any OTA update that altered my cold start. I don’t see any error codes and my exhaust otherwise works ok. I have this exhaust installed for almost 10 months now. Any thoughts?
Are your valves sticking closed on a start-up??
Old 04-15-2024, 04:04 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

I believe all the OTA updates we have had in the last several years have been navigation related.. For all the other "updates" the dealer has to actually plug in.

Pretty sure nothing has come out that would even effect valved exhaust functioning (even if take to a dealer to do it manually). Either you are getting use to it, or something might not be opening correctly on your exhaust.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:59 PM
Haros
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS2022
Cold starts are dependant on both the car and the ambient temperature.

It’s loud as a product of not only your exhaust, but the aggressive emission logic that desires to pump heat into the catalytic converter.

Quick Reply: Did OTA update change my cold start.