Sponsored by:

Car seat recommendation and pictures.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 08:23 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by rwbern
God bless each & every one of you. So glad that is behind me. Even the grandkids are beyond the car seats. I am here because, ya never know, I may need to be in a position to offer advice for the great grandkids :-)
Thx for the post, gramps!
The following users liked this post:
Oreos (03-21-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 08:44 PM
anjizkit
Instructor

Received 220 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by YWG_YYZ
I have used these no frills Evenflo Tribute
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tribute-L...5?from=/search

Just realized that your children are 40+ lbs
and for booster Harmony
https://www.harmonyjuvenile.com/us_e...raspberry.html
For my 23 T

cool. am gonna check, looks like they is to have a small base footprint.

Originally Posted by rjongco
Wayb pico
I love that seat! the only problem is its like low. the back seats become like a cave or a hole

Originally Posted by jlegelis
>> You could be less condescending.
This forum has become like Dory in "Finding Nemo"... the same 10 questions are repeatedly asked week after week, when there's ton's of 'prior art' on the discussion. What's wrong with pointing ppl at recent threads so they have some context? For example: there are 3 separate discussions rn on grill screens, and at least two on tuning, and, and and...

How about we all resolve to improve the signal to noise ratio for all by first doing some basic research? Search engines were invented for a reason...
ahh great point. I will get better.

Originally Posted by Ray K.
I took a recommendation and use the Olli Clek backless booster. I had to remove the arm rests which took about 5 minutes.
I will check on those. also pics would be nice
Old 03-20-2024, 08:58 PM
tomtomtomtom
Racer

Received 267 Likes on 133 Posts

Cosco car seat...fits 5 and 7 yo grand kids w/o any problems....but I make them remove their shoes to prevent scuffs on the seat back
car seat Amazon car seat Amazon

Caliporsche (05-31-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 12:34 AM
Jkc79
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you for posting this topic. I saw a YouTube video recommending the WayB Pico and I guess I was planning on getting that but does anyone have any experience with the Porsche branded seat? It looks a bit cooler. Also I read that the angle makes it rough for kids to sleep in the car without hanging their heads forward. My son finds car rides very relaxing and that's how I get him to nap/sleep usually so this is a little concern.

I have a 35lb 3yo who loves to kick the front seats so I learned today I should have him remove his shoes. (Never thought of that)
Old 03-21-2024, 01:17 AM
CurryPuff
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkc79
Thank you for posting this topic. I saw a YouTube video recommending the WayB Pico and I guess I was planning on getting that but does anyone have any experience with the Porsche branded seat? It looks a bit cooler. Also I read that the angle makes it rough for kids to sleep in the car without hanging their heads forward. My son finds car rides very relaxing and that's how I get him to nap/sleep usually so this is a little concern.

I have a 35lb 3yo who loves to kick the front seats so I learned today I should have him remove his shoes. (Never thought of that)
Very interested in this topic too.
I currently use a Wayb Pico in my GT4 with LWBS. It fits in like a glove and is held in place with the seat belt and top tether (we also use it for travel).
As mentioned above, it isn't great for sleeping and the head flops forward and laterally. I've looked at head rest/bands off amazon, but can't pull the trigger on it as I'm not how they'll fare if there is impact.
Old 05-31-2024, 04:41 PM
gjarvie
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front passenger space

The wayb pico looks like a good option. Can anyone comment if it leaves enough space for a front passenger.

I currently have the Grace and have to have the seat all the way forward and leaned forward so not really useable by the wife.
Amazon Amazon
Old 05-31-2024, 04:50 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

It would be helpful if we can start stating front facing or rear facing car seats. I currently have a 10 month old who is required to sit in the back rear facing. I don’t think the Graco would work rear facing in the back. We currently use the Nuna car seat with the base. It sits great and is pretty easy to get in and out if you angle the car seat but there’s no room for the passenger. The passenger seat doesn’t even go back all the way to lock in place. So my wife’s usually kind of leaning over which is not comfortable. This is why we don’t really get to use my car.

If someone has a recommendation for a rear facing seat that fits comfortable with he passenger, please do let us know!

Last edited by Caliporsche; 05-31-2024 at 06:08 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Caliporsche:
adrianp89 (07-31-2024), brandobot (06-02-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 05:05 PM
gjarvie
Track Day

My daughter is 3 so I use a front facing.

When she was younger I used the Graco rear facing without the brace provided. It has loupes to place the seat belt through. It allowed for ample space for my daughter and wife up front. My wife is 5’6” and seat allowed a good amount of leg room and seat recline for her.
Caliporsche (05-31-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 06:09 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

Originally Posted by gjarvie
My daughter is 3 so I use a front facing.

When she was younger I used the Graco rear facing without the brace provided. It has loupes to place the seat belt through. It allowed for ample space for my daughter and wife up front. My wife is 5’6” and seat allowed a good amount of leg room and seat recline for her.
awesome! Thanks so much! Do you happen to know which Graco?
Old 05-31-2024, 06:32 PM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

Got this for my T works for my 5 year old

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-Kid...QaAgv9EALw_wcB
Old 05-31-2024, 06:46 PM
vasmir
Advanced

Received 138 Likes on 42 Posts

we bought the
Graco Contender Slim Convertible Car Seat, West Point (amazon) Graco Contender Slim Convertible Car Seat, West Point (amazon)
for air and rental car travel since it's super light. Works both forward and rear facing.
Fits the back of my 992 just fine, the only caveat is the seat needs to be all the way forward when the kiddo (2.5yrs old) is in the seat. Plenty of leg space when he's in there, more than the photo suggests. No rub against the c-pillar.
Here's a photo -

Caliporsche (06-02-2024)
Old 05-31-2024, 07:32 PM
gjarvie
Track Day

Originally Posted by Caliporsche
awesome! Thanks so much! Do you happen to know which Graco?

I just dug it out of storage, it’s actually the Chicco keyfit 30, again I didn’t use the base.

The following 2 users liked this post by gjarvie:
brandobot (06-02-2024), Caliporsche (06-02-2024)
Old 06-02-2024, 03:16 PM
brandobot
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

I just dug it out of storage, it’s actually the Chicco keyfit 30, again I didn’t use the base.
thanks. This was helpful.

Curious if removing the rear seat back or cushion would give more space
Old 06-02-2024, 03:48 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

this is very helpful. I’ll probably pick this up if we can’t use ours without the base. Thank you!

edit:
I just looked it up and it appears this is for infants. My kid is still under a year old. So maybe in the near future I’ll get this one. Thanks so much!

Last edited by Caliporsche; 06-02-2024 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2024, 04:42 PM
anjizkit
Instructor

Received 220 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by brandobot
thanks. This was helpful.

Curious if removing the rear seat back or cushion would give more space

I did that.. didnt go well. there was an empty void that I couldn't push all the way back. the seat space gets narrow but for my seats the support was missing and the back of the child seat became unstable. Had to put the cousin back

The following 2 users liked this post by anjizkit:
brandobot (06-02-2024), Caliporsche (06-02-2024)

Quick Reply: Car seat recommendation and pictures.