Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Porsche! Build Configuration Due in a few weeks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2024 | 08:53 PM
Phil Ster
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback, I will look into the additional feedback on the glass.

Originally Posted by Motorin Mark
I see you went with the Burmester, great choice and thus I would consider keeping the lightweight and noise insulated glass, yes it does make a difference as I have both in my S and the Burmester sounds fantastic. Yes some have had problems with the glass but some have not.

Last edited by Phil Ster; 03-18-2024 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-19-2024 | 03:40 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

COLOR IS PERSONAL. Get what you want. Personally not fan of silver. Don't listen to us. Color: GT Silver Metallic (first porsche so thought I needed to go with the classic silver)
Again, personal. Red interiors are not my thing, but to each their own. Interiors: GTS Interior Package in Carmine Red
I would avoid Center Lock personally. But the GTS is handcuffed by lack of wheel options. I would say the Spyder is the best option on the GTS. Wheels: Turbo S wheels (center lock!)
Definitely get the 18 way seats. Seats: Sport Seats Plus 18-way (most configurable to get the right fit)

Packages:
Good package. No brainer. Premium Package (From what I read RPA was not leveraged much even when bought, I read about cross-traffic indicator that comes with as a consideration which would be nice to have).
Nice look, but if you go light color and get the side skirts, get the Sport Design Front Fascia too. SportDesign Side Skirts (GT Silver color)

Performance/Lights/Safety:
You'll scrape the front lip no matter what. Unless you have some driveway that makes this a must, skip it. Front Axle Lift System (must have)
Have it, love it. Rear Axle Steering
Have it, love it. Extended Fuel Tank (must have)
In the Premium Package. Personally I think the base lights are fine. LED-Matrix Headlights (PDLS+)
Skip it. I don't think it is worth the headache if you have to replace the windshield. Lightweight and Noise Insulated Glass (In for now? maybe it should be out? - any thoughts?)
How much driving will you do at night. PDLS+ already helps. I would skip this. Night Vision Assist (getting old, I look at this as a safety system)
Both are a good call. I don't have either but many people get them. Surround View & LCA are a part of the premium package.

Other Options? Thoughts?
I would not do this. PDCC -- decided not to do this, since I am not planning ever using my GTS for the track.
This is probably the one option I wish in retrospect I had done. AeroKit - torn on this one, but I think I like the cleaner look without the tail.
I would skip this. Actually I don't think this is an option on manuals anyway. I'm guessing you are PDK. I didn't see PSE or Sport Chrono though............Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)?
No no no no no. NO NO. Active Lane Keep /Lane Keep Assist (LKA/ALK)?
I would get the 930 Leather Package. And the dark brushed aluminum door sills with illuminated model. Additional Leather elements in the cabin
I've got the heated and it works quite well for me. Steering Wheel - Heated? Race-Tex? Carbon Fiber?
Old 03-19-2024 | 07:58 AM
txpackers
Racer

Originally Posted by Motorin Mark
I see you went with the Burmester, great choice and thus I would consider keeping the lightweight and noise insulated glass, yes it does make a difference as I have both in my S and the Burmester sounds fantastic. Yes some have had problems with the glass but some have not.
I agree. I have both also. The Burmester sounds great even at speed. If you enjoy listening to music on long trips, then these two options together will work well for you.
The following users liked this post:
Motorin Mark (03-19-2024)
Old 03-19-2024 | 08:17 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

A loaded GTS build like this will be $190k-$210k. At that price, I would also consider a TT or TTS instead ……..unless MT is a mandatory item for you. Would also research lightweight glass issues and consider practicality of center locks for your non-track use. The 5 lug options on GTS are quite limited and unappealing, however. Ultimately, buy what you want and enjoy it. Best wishes.

Last edited by Fullyield; 03-19-2024 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-19-2024 | 10:24 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Phil Ster
Heated - Sounds good! Any thoughts on leather? alcantara? etc. for steering wheel wrap?
Alcantara looks and feels nice, but can wear poorly. Leather wears great.
Old 03-20-2024 | 03:00 PM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phil Ster
Hi All - After many years of wanting a Porsche, I am doing it - 2024 GTS Coupe!

I wanted to share my current build configuration to get input and thoughts from the community.

Just a bit about me: I am not planning on taking the car to the track, the car is already has more performance than I will ever need. I am soon to be empty nester so the car will be mostly a weekend car for my wife and I - something to fill the void as our kids leave the nest!

Porsche Code: PRBXNTV5

Color: GT Silver Metallic (first porsche so thought I needed to go with the classic silver)
Interiors: GTS Interior Package in Carmine Red
Wheels: Turbo S wheels (center lock!)
Seats: Sport Seats Plus 18-way (most configurable to get the right fit)

Packages:
Premium Package (From what I read RPA was not leveraged much even when bought, I read about cross-traffic indicator that comes with as a consideration which would be nice to have).
SportDesign Side Skirts (GT Silver color)

Performance/Lights/Safety:
Front Axle Lift System (must have)
Rear Axle Steering
Extended Fuel Tank (must have)
LED-Matrix Headlights (PDLS+)
Lightweight and Noise Insulated Glass (In for now? maybe it should be out? - any thoughts?)
Night Vision Assist (getting old, I look at this as a safety system)
Surround View & LCA are a part of the premium package.

Other Options? Thoughts?
PDCC -- decided not to do this, since I am not planning ever using my GTS for the track.
AeroKit - torn on this one, but I think I like the cleaner look without the tail.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)?
Active Lane Keep /Lane Keep Assist (LKA/ALK)?
Additional Leather elements in the cabin
Steering Wheel - Heated? Race-Tex? Carbon Fiber?
OP, This is a great build.

FYI (You might already know this) - I know you've selected "Interiors: GTS Interior Package in Carmine Red", which also adds matt interior trim inlays at $3,970. These inlays otherwise are $840 if selected without GTS Interior Package. So you're looking at about $8,500 + Central Tach etc.
There are a number of threads on this. Essentially if you select "deviated stitching" of your choice, tach and chrono, belt, your price point would be almost the same. This is definitely something I would explore unless you're pretty set on red stitching.

Here's one of those threads: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1276...uestion-3.html

Old 03-24-2024 | 02:14 PM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Great build, let us know the final configuration!

RGS
- Radiator Grille Store

OEM Look, Economical Protection
www.radiatorgrillestore.com

Quick Reply: First Porsche! Build Configuration Due in a few weeks!