Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any allocations yet this month?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 09:46 AM
Maskman
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 45 Posts

when did you first go to put your name in for an allocation?
Old 03-21-2024, 02:29 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 338 Likes on 193 Posts

I have a decent amount of various 992 allocations on hand if anyone still needs one.
(813) 838-8758
Old 03-21-2024, 08:53 PM
bboerit
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bpeacock
I have a decent amount of various 992 allocations on hand if anyone still needs one.
I assume you are a Broker correct? How do you have "allocations" if you are not a Porsche Dealership? I didn't know that was possible...
Old 03-21-2024, 09:07 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bboerit
I assume you are a Broker correct? How do you have "allocations" if you are not a Porsche Dealership? I didn't know that was possible...
Yes, I am a broker. Over the past seven years I've developed relationships with folks at stores across the country. They keep me in the loop regarding available allocations and I bring them buyers. I've been able to help a ton of Rennlisters over the years. Just a young, passionate car guy trying to grow my business so I can have a Pcar of my own in my garage one day.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Whitten (03-23-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 09:46 PM
smitmat
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bpeacock
@ MSRP?
Old 03-21-2024, 09:49 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by smitmat
@ MSRP?
For a lot of 992 models, yes, I can get them at MSRP from the store so it would be MSRP+broker fee.

Some models, like GTS variants, I’m not able to get for MSRP just yet.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:16 PM
redtanrt10
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jsatsunset
Congratulations.
Can you share your build? I also got 4S cab allocation. July delivery.

Here you go. Like many, probably my 5th or 6th build. I think I'm done but, i've said that before!!!

This Porsche is for my wife, she's had her current Red '06 C4 Cab since 2011, and that replaced the '07 Red C2 cab that got rear ended and totaled after 4 years. She loves her current C4 cab but there's no modern driver aids, or nice features like Carplay and a good Bluetooth, and she is a so-so driver. She retired 2 years ago so it's become more of a weekend or just hop in car vs. her usual daily commuter. I'm an x-Hyundai executive so I get cars from them and all have the latest and greatest technology and convenience features. She drives that most of the time as its a nice 4 door hybrid and we can treat it like a rental car and not worry about what we put in it or where we take it!

Take a look

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRVYFB50

Last edited by redtanrt10; 03-23-2024 at 12:22 PM.
Jeff Whitten (03-23-2024)
Old 03-23-2024, 12:40 PM
redtanrt10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Maskman
when did you first go to put your name in for an allocation?
31 days from first inquiry to confirmed build (at MSRP).

Here's my steps. On February 9th was when I first contacted the dealer. I gave him my build a week later on 2/16, on 2/20 I got a call from the GM who said it might take 6-9 months to get one. On 2/24 I sent in a deposit and waited

On March 11th, I got a call that they had one allocated and it would be a early June build with a tentative July 10th delivery (at the LA Center via courtesy drop ship).

I know the dealer, Porsche of Colorado Springs, from my activity in the automotive industry. I've been in auto lending for 30 plus years and ran a major captive lender. He is on the dealer board of the NADA (national dealer assoc) and I've said to him in the past if I ever wanted to get a new 911 for my wife, would you help me. I haven't spoken to Don Hicks and hope to see him new week for at an event prior to the NY auto show.

After getting jerked around by a local SoCal AutoNation store (can't get you a 4S, only and S), for you only MSRP plus $7,500 vs, +$15k for everyone else, etc. etc. I reached out to Don

His GM called me a week later and explained the system on allocations. He told me he's been doing this a long time and he knows a number of other Porsche dealers and they do swaps. With Porsche, since there's really no "on the ground" inventory to swap, they swap allocations based on their customers needs.

Ted said he did a swap, and when I look at the details (the Porsche tracker?) he sent, it looks like my 4S Cab was originally allocated by Porsche on December 2023 with a June 24 build date and an early April final option date.

Crazy, as I said to Ted, I was OK with a 9 month wait and elated with a 4 month wait. Our 40th anniversary is early August, this will be great!!!

The following 3 users liked this post by redtanrt10:
Dicecal (03-24-2024), Jeff Whitten (03-23-2024), smitmat (03-24-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 02:56 AM
Dicecal
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by redtanrt10
31 days from first inquiry to confirmed build (at MSRP).

Here's my steps. On February 9th was when I first contacted the dealer. I gave him my build a week later on 2/16, on 2/20 I got a call from the GM who said it might take 6-9 months to get one. On 2/24 I sent in a deposit and waited

On March 11th, I got a call that they had one allocated and it would be a early June build with a tentative July 10th delivery (at the LA Center via courtesy drop ship).

I know the dealer, Porsche of Colorado Springs, from my activity in the automotive industry. I've been in auto lending for 30 plus years and ran a major captive lender. He is on the dealer board of the NADA (national dealer assoc) and I've said to him in the past if I ever wanted to get a new 911 for my wife, would you help me. I haven't spoken to Don Hicks and hope to see him new week for at an event prior to the NY auto show.

After getting jerked around by a local SoCal AutoNation store (can't get you a 4S, only and S), for you only MSRP plus $7,500 vs, +$15k for everyone else, etc. etc. I reached out to Don

His GM called me a week later and explained the system on allocations. He told me he's been doing this a long time and he knows a number of other Porsche dealers and they do swaps. With Porsche, since there's really no "on the ground" inventory to swap, they swap allocations based on their customers needs.

Ted said he did a swap, and when I look at the details (the Porsche tracker?) he sent, it looks like my 4S Cab was originally allocated by Porsche on December 2023 with a June 24 build date and an early April final option date.

Crazy, as I said to Ted, I was OK with a 9 month wait and elated with a 4 month wait. Our 40th anniversary is early August, this will be great!!!
Nice, they have any more? I’m on a short waiting list in AZ but borderline if I’ll get a 992 TTS or get pushed into a 992.2 Still looking for a sure thing TTS Coupe
Old 03-24-2024, 03:19 AM
smitmat
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ttusqrl
Offered either an S, 4S, or GTS today for MSRP. Had to buy a Taycan though
mind sharing info so I can reach out to this dealer? Thanks!
Old 03-24-2024, 09:30 AM
Schn3ll
Burning Brakes

Received 1,070 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by ttusqrl
Offered either an S, 4S, or GTS today for MSRP. Had to buy a Taycan though
The Taycan has become the Rolex Cellini for those seeking the Daytona or the Code 11.59 to the Royal Oak.

Mark McCann has a video on YouTube being offered 3 Taycan Turbo S’s as MSRP for 1 GT3RS allocation.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:32 AM
Dicecal
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by smitmat
mind sharing info so I can reach out to this dealer? Thanks!
Yes, what he said!
smitmat (03-24-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 11:46 AM
nyca
Drifting

Received 902 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by redtanrt10
Here you go. Like many, probably my 5th or 6th build. I think I'm done but, i've said that before!!!

This Porsche is for my wife, she's had her current Red '06 C4 Cab since 2011, and that replaced the '07 Red C2 cab that got rear ended and totaled after 4 years. She loves her current C4 cab but there's no modern driver aids, or nice features like Carplay and a good Bluetooth, and she is a so-so driver. She retired 2 years ago so it's become more of a weekend or just hop in car vs. her usual daily commuter. I'm an x-Hyundai executive so I get cars from them and all have the latest and greatest technology and convenience features. She drives that most of the time as its a nice 4 door hybrid and we can treat it like a rental car and not worry about what we put in it or where we take it!

Take a look

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRVYFB50
All those assistance options for parking and such - yet no power steering plus? Also consider leather sun visors, especially on a cab.
Old 03-24-2024, 04:08 PM
redtanrt10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nyca
All those assistance options for parking and such - yet no power steering plus? Also consider leather sun visors, especially on a cab.
I did some research on the PS Plus and most said you don't need it, and/or if you have it you can get the dealer to disable it. At $189k I'm done with trim options, my last iteration was to drop the PS and the Ionizer to get the 930 seats.
Old 03-24-2024, 04:11 PM
ttusqrl
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dicecal
Yes, what he said!
Friends don’t let friends make bad decisions unless there is good humor involved. @bpeacock is the better option than losing 33% off a Taycan
bpeacock (03-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Any allocations yet this month?