Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjust parking/lower clearance sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 04:33 PM
readydiverone
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Adjust parking/lower clearance sensors?

I'm assuming the answer is no but maybe someone will have an idea on this. I love the surround cameras and radar sensors on my 2022 C2SMT but in one recurring situation they are too sensitive and I'm afraid a false alarm may cause me to miss a real alarm. The problem is the entry into my garage--there is maybe a 2 inch lip going in and the center sensor consistently alarms approaching and going over the lip. The entrance to the garage is angled a little so I have to be very careful, particularly with the right front of the car, and the center alarm going off makes it hard to tell if the right sensor is going off. I really don't understand why this 2 inch lip is causing the sensor to go off--I've approached taller parking curbs without it going off many times. Maybe because it's a sharp right angle lip? Oh, I don't have FAL.

Any thoughts appreciated. I'm wondering whether softening/rounding the lip might help but I frankly don't know how I would go about that.
Old 03-11-2024, 05:03 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,946 Likes on 789 Posts

I have the proximity sensor going off quite a bit because my car is lowered - not even significantly... about .75" or so. It does it sometimes when just going over a dip in the roadway as well as in my driveway. I just live with it. Besides, with the car being low I always drive with vigilance for clearance issues anyway and I never get too close to any parking curbs.
Old 03-11-2024, 05:45 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I have the proximity sensor going off quite a bit because my car is lowered - not even significantly... about .75" or so. It does it sometimes when just going over a dip in the roadway as well as in my driveway. I just live with it. Besides, with the car being low I always drive with vigilance for clearance issues anyway and I never get too close to any parking curbs.
Same here, my car is lowered too and get that alarm beeping even in traffic. We adjusted right height via PIWIS but that apparently mostly affects the headlights. I simply disabled the automatic warning and instead have it set so it only comes on when putting car in reverse or manually engage (you can program a hot button). So, no more beeping and only have it active when I want it.
The following users liked this post:
AlterZgo (03-11-2024)
Old 03-11-2024, 07:12 PM
readydiverone
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks. But my car isn’t lowered. So I don’t get this anomaly.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:46 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by readydiverone
Thanks. But my car isn’t lowered. So I don’t get this anomaly.
I am aware but same method that worked for me to get rid of the constant beepng can be applied by you too.

Quick Reply: Adjust parking/lower clearance sensors?