Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Software update problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2024 | 05:20 PM
jmrichards
Racer

Default Software update problem

I received several notices of entertainment software updates recently, and unfortunately installed them. As a result I am no longer able to access my track list on my usb drive. Has anyone else had this happen, and have you been able to fix it?
Old 03-10-2024 | 10:25 PM
jmrichards
Racer

I can't believe no one has had problems with the over the air updates in the 911 entertainment systems.
Old 03-10-2024 | 10:36 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Lack of response to your inquiry is likely related to your question on USB drive. There have been a few other examples posted in various threads with inconsistent behavior with USB drives, and maybe due to low usage not a lot have experience with it. Lot of variables in formatting, file types etc that may be impacting it.
Old 03-11-2024 | 11:16 AM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

I’ve had my USB become unreadable several times on my 992. Perhaps your software update is just a coincidence. It always works fine in my other cars. But I’ve had to reformat it and reinstall my files a couple of times in the 992. The idea that you’re not suppose to use the USB is beyond absurd. As buggy as the USB is, it’s way more reliable than trying to listen to anything through streaming or downloaded to your phone. It’s just another part of the ridiculously buggy PCM. Try reformatting the USB and I bet it will work.
The following users liked this post:
jmrichards (03-11-2024)
Old 03-11-2024 | 03:27 PM
jmrichards
Racer

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
I’ve had my USB become unreadable several times on my 992. Perhaps your software update is just a coincidence. It always works fine in my other cars. But I’ve had to reformat it and reinstall my files a couple of times in the 992. The idea that you’re not suppose to use the USB is beyond absurd. As buggy as the USB is, it’s way more reliable than trying to listen to anything through streaming or downloaded to your phone. It’s just another part of the ridiculously buggy PCM. Try reformatting the USB and I bet it will work.
Thanks. I did erase and reinstall the music files, but that did not work. I guess reformatting the drive is next.
Old 03-11-2024 | 04:28 PM
jmrichards
Racer

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
When you reformat, what file system seems to work best?
Old 03-11-2024 | 07:18 PM
pron
4th Gear

Originally Posted by jmrichards
When you reformat, what file system seems to work best?
It's max 1000 music files per directory. You will find the supported file system in the manual. NTFS, FAT32 and exFAT work fine.
If you have problems with one USB stick - buy a new one, They don't cost much.
Old 03-11-2024 | 08:05 PM
jmrichards
Racer

Originally Posted by ****
It's max 1000 music files per directory. You will find the supported file system in the manual. NTFS, FAT32 and exFAT work fine.
If you have problems with one USB stick - buy a new one, They don't cost much.
Thanks very much, it worked!
The following 2 users liked this post by jmrichards:
Jeff Whitten (03-12-2024), mthreat (03-11-2024)

Quick Reply: Software update problem