Sponsored by:

PPF and Ceramic or not... killing me

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 06:09 PM
freesole
Advanced

Received 105 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Icegrill
Released on bond. No removal of ANYTHING! This guy gets it with the OCD tendencies of us Porsche heads, knowing factory assembly is best. Specs are:

10 yr Suntek ultra all plotter cut and oem cut fins on top
of extended rear quarters. After having xpel on 6 other cars and suntek on 2 there is no comparison in the clarity and smoothness of suntek.

No wrecked seals on lights

Plotter cut super tight crest. No removal.
Is Suntek the same as STEK? Taking ownership of my 992 in about a month and will be sending it straight to the shop for full body PPF (I can't stand seeing the seams) and this shop has STEK as well.

Old 03-26-2024, 06:14 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 717 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by freesole
Is Suntek the same as STEK? Taking ownership of my 992 in about a month and will be sending it straight to the shop for full body PPF (I can't stand seeing the seams) and this shop has STEK as well.
They are different manufacturers
Old 03-28-2024, 03:04 AM
SDcarguy
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Released on bond. No removal of ANYTHING! This guy gets it with the OCD tendencies of us Porsche heads, knowing factory assembly is best. Specs are:

10 yr Suntek ultra all plotter cut and oem cut fins on top
of extended rear quarters. After having xpel on 6 other cars and suntek on 2 there is no comparison in the clarity and smoothness of suntek.

No wrecked seals on lights

Plotter cut super tight crest. No removal.
looks great!
Old 03-28-2024, 12:31 PM
PhilH930
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

@Icegrill - can you share pics of your PPF over the fuel cover, the top edges of the hood (the most triangular section) and front fender edge where it meets the door.

All local installers for PPF that I see have precut items here, meaning the fuel cap is a slightly smaller oval than the car part, the hood has a relief cut before wrapping on either edge, and the front fender stops short of wrapping around the edge by the door. I can upload pics of my current 718 with this effect later, but anticipate a 992 will get done the same way despite my desire for fully wrapped edges.
Old 03-28-2024, 01:48 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 802 Likes on 391 Posts

I don’t know where the text went!? But to summarize: I was insistent on plotter cut pieces, *still may require slight modification in certain areas, unlike DAP xpel which has the relief rectangle cuts in it. This is cut with suntek core software. Not 100% perfect but no install is…… from my many installs. I can live with this and the film has much less ‘grab’ than xpel which is important for me, in regards to future removal. Hope this helps some people, while adding to the continued PPF dilemma! I know my luck, if I didn’t ppf I’d take a bolt or rock straight to middle of the hood on my first spirited country drive.

Last edited by Icegrill; 03-28-2024 at 04:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PhilH930 (03-28-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 03:43 PM
CZS
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 80 Posts

I don’t know where the text went!? But to summarize: I was insistent on plotter cut pieces, *still may require slight modification in certain areas, unlike DAP xpel which has the relief rectangle cuts in it. This is cut with suntek core software. Not 100% perfect but no install is…… from my many installs. I can live with this and the film has much less ‘grab’ than xpel which is important for me, in regards to future removal. Hope this helps some people, while adding to the continued PPF dilemma! I know my luck, if I didn’t ppf I’d take a bolt or rock straight to middle of the hood on my first spirited country drive.
What shop did the work?

Quick Reply: PPF and Ceramic or not... killing me