Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche anti-theft

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 08:21 PM
AlfaM5
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 71 Posts

And once you catch these useless souls, if you could send them straight to the gallows I bet you won't have car thefts inside of three weeks.
The following 3 users liked this post by AlfaM5:
dixonk (03-06-2024), M3Inline6 (03-06-2024), nyca (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 08:27 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 964 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
We still pursue them. Pursuits are fun…..but the danger to the public outweighs the reason for initiating the pursuit much of the time (…and people end up filing lawsuits against the city, county and/or state when a pursuit goes bad). It’s going to eventually get to the point where legislation will prevent us from chasing stolen cars. Until then, most departments still allow pursuits of stolen vehicles. About 90% of our pursuits involve stolen cars.
I am not talking about hot pursuits, I am talking about the general justice system just ignoring the issue. In NYC now, if you are mugged and there isn't any assault involved, there really is no reason to call the police. So it's gone far beyond crimes involving property theft.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:01 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
I am not talking about hot pursuits, I am talking about the general justice system just ignoring the issue. In NYC now, if you are mugged and there isn't any assault involved, there really is no reason to call the police. So it's gone far beyond crimes involving property theft.
Only the justice systems in wacky places like NY and California (…more specifically, Los Angeles County and the Bay Area) tend to address criminals with kid gloves. One county over and the games stop. Nevertheless, we will pursue here in California until restricted by law.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:35 AM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AlfaM5
Could you share the section or steps in Piwis to do this please?
Originally Posted by TheOtherDave
Going into the coding via PIWIS is permanent (I have tested this)...the way I read going in through the PCM is that it is not.
Same request to TheOtherDave. Please post PIWIS section/coding. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2024, 11:42 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,054 Likes on 5,250 Posts

If they steak my car, they can keep it.
Old 03-08-2024, 11:59 AM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
If they steak my car, they can keep it.
Well done sir.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:28 PM
TheOtherDave
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

On the PIWIS programming I will post what I sent to the PMs I got.

Note that I am doing this with an Autel MS906 PRO so it could be a little different...although when I translated from
PIWIS commands I found only minor differences.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would if I remembered them.....I found it by accident when looking for something else
and I haven't done any coding since then,

My memory is that it was literally "Comfort Radio Enable true/false"....it could have been in German
so "Komfortradio aktivieren"...but my brain (sometimes) translates technical German kinda automatically
because of working with Dutch and German engine companies so often in a past life.
Although the Dutch would be "Comfortradio inschakelen".

I don't remember which module it was in...I would suspect one of the BCM modules.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So now you all know what my (colander style) brain remembers.

If I do any coding I will look and see if I can find it again.

Thanks,
David

Quick Reply: Porsche anti-theft