Sponsored by:

Obnoxious to ask opinions on build!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2024, 07:32 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezeinstein
Well, with just a couple of days to spare before my freeze date, I landed on this:
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRCKKA97
Changed the color to Agate Grey - just wanted to go for a more subtle, elegant build.
Also added the Paldao wood to warm up the interior and add a retro look, which I think works with the Agate more than it would have with the Arctic Grey.
If I was 20 or 30 years younger, I'd go for Arctic or a brighter color.
Thanks again for all of your input!

This car is gorgeous!!!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Metalblond:
Dezeinstein (02-23-2024), user 64927802 (02-23-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Nielsenpty
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 34 Posts

I appreciate your input. I think you're right about the color - my concern was that Arctic is a more 'trendy' color vs a 'classic' color, since Agate has been around a while.
And Arctic is nearly the same color as my current TTRS - maybe has a more blue tone in certain lights.
Good to know about Power Steering Plus - seems like it's not necessary at all.
I do like the colored tachs and clocks, but introducing red, yellow or green into this build doesn't make sense.
Will look for other photos of the white tech to get a better idea of how it looks.

in case your are still looking for pictures of the white tach. To me it works well and have never had any problems seeing numbers as some have reported
The following 2 users liked this post by Nielsenpty:
Dezeinstein (02-24-2024), Metalblond (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 05:45 PM
Watson
Burning Brakes

Received 325 Likes on 235 Posts

Very elegant and classy spec with just a little bit of sportiness brought by the RS Spyder wheels!
Old 02-24-2024, 05:47 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by Nielsenpty

in case your are still looking for pictures of the white tach. To me it works well and have never had any problems seeing numbers as some have reported
Is that the chalk/slate interior?? On Agate? This looks gorgeous.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:31 PM
Porsche992
Pro

Received 417 Likes on 156 Posts

I looked at the pictures of your build for 10 seconds and didn't go into detail as to your specs.. so two comments just on looks. I would not add any color to the tach. I think it looks great in standard form , and im not a fan of black/glass roof. I think keeping the roof the same color as the rest of the car completes the look and lines perfectly. Those are my only observations, car looks great either way. enjoy!
Old 02-24-2024, 10:19 PM
Dezeinstein
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

I really like, but didnt go for the white tach, since I went for the ridiculously-priced sub second clock.
I justified it by thinking if i pay for the color on the tach or sport chrono clock, that almost covers the cost cost of the subsecond clock, which seems less distracting and looks better to me.
Is that interior yours? Looks amazing.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:16 AM
99too
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael M.
Great build, if you are looking to trim the cost a bit, I would agree with most here that FAL and RAS are not the upgrades worth having given the cost. Most people I've talked to say RAS only really helps on track and makes daily driving sometimes feel artificial. I think if you want a track car, you would order a GTS. RAS makes tighter turning circles so if that's important, decide if its 2k worth it. The other place you could trim costs and keep the same car is 14 way instead of 18 way. My SA is pushing me away from the 18 way to 14 ways. Try to sit in both, I did and found the 14 great and the 18 felt almost as good. If you sit in both and they are the same, decide if the 1.2K is worth for the look.

In terms of color, I love Arctic Grey, I think its the right color over agate grey. I've got a GT silver on order with a similar build, going truffle brown interior, I've seen the arctic grey, love it but I'm going for that classic old man look Carrera S, with the manual. The 930 is the bomb, I skipped FAL and RAS to spend the money that I will see and enjoy sitting in the car at a red light..

I would consider adding the prep for roof rails, its 60 bucks. Last item to consider cutting if you want to trim the build cost is the front fascia. I know you said you love it, I love it too but decided not to get it. 3k for a look and you lose the active aero flaps in front. I skipped it because I decided to either go full aero package or none of it. Good luck, you can't go wrong no matter what you do.
RAS is not only for tighter turning circles. It also provides greater high-speed stability by effectively lengthening the wheelbase at high speeds by turning the rear wheels in the same direction as the front wheels at high speeds and effectively shortening the wheelbase at low speeds by turning the rear wheels in the opposite direction from the front wheels. It's a cool feature that pushes the performance envelope a little further in my opinion.
The following users liked this post:
Metalblond (02-25-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 12:25 AM
nyca
Drifting

Received 901 Likes on 503 Posts

The thing thar scares me about RAS is that if you get it and, and as some people report, you feel the handling of the car feels artificial - can you turn the feature off? Or are you stuck with it?
Old 02-25-2024, 08:45 AM
Nielsenpty
Advanced

Originally Posted by Metalblond
Is that the chalk/slate interior?? On Agate? This looks gorgeous.
yes indeed the chalk/slate (with the Carbon interior and wheel. Only other thing I added besides the white tach is the leather steering column as liked how it match the contrast stitching). Exterior is aventurine green. But as it is a cab it has the stripes on the top which are in light grey and thus think the chalk/slate is a good match to tie it together
Old 02-25-2024, 08:47 AM
Nielsenpty
Advanced

I really like, but didnt go for the white tach, since I went for the ridiculously-priced sub second clock.
I justified it by thinking if i pay for the color on the tach or sport chrono clock, that almost covers the cost cost of the subsecond clock, which seems less distracting and looks better to me.
Is that interior yours? Looks amazing.
will have to say I was also in two minds on the subsecond clock as indeed agree it looks much better. But yes is the interior of my gts cab
Old 02-25-2024, 08:54 AM
Newusername
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
A lot of people don't like the rear sport design bumper because it puts the license plate and cutout for it, too high on the bumper.
I find the sport design rear fixes the slab look of the standard bumper, much better looking in my opinion.
The following users liked this post:
Fullyield (03-01-2024)
Old 02-25-2024, 11:54 AM
BigBob2024C4S
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 992 C4S Build

My build freeze date will be 2/27 and I've learned a lot by reading comments on build opinions. Much appreciated. My build as of today (it seems to change daily per my wife), is PRHZA490. All comments and suggestions are welcome.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:30 PM
user 64927802
Banned

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rosencrance
My build freeze date will be 2/27 and I've learned a lot by reading comments on build opinions. Much appreciated. My build as of today (it seems to change daily per my wife), is PRHZA490. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy it in good health.
Gorgeous!!
Old 02-25-2024, 06:23 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Originally Posted by rosencrance
Stunning!!!!
Old 02-25-2024, 06:31 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Well, with just a couple of days to spare before my freeze date, I landed on this:
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRCKKA97
Changed the color to Agate Grey - just wanted to go for a more subtle, elegant build.
Also added the Paldao wood to warm up the interior and add a retro look, which I think works with the Agate more than it would have with the Arctic Grey.
If I was 20 or 30 years younger, I'd go for Arctic or a brighter color.
Thanks again for all of your input!

Did you try the Truffle Brown seat belts on with the new trim?

Last edited by Metalblond; 02-25-2024 at 08:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Obnoxious to ask opinions on build!