Racer

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts
Default PTS COLORS

When are they becoming available again
Old 02-14-2024, 08:32 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,689 Likes on 754 Posts

I placed my PTS order late last year, the dealer had a allocation for a PTS - so I jumped on it - I actually went into freeze status on Monday. I think they are still few and far between, my dealer said that was the first allocation/opening for PTS he had seen in over 6 months.

Best thing to do is call your dealer(s) near you and see if they have an allocation for the specific variant you are looking for, or let them know you are looking for PTS.

I got my current non-pts delivered 2022 Targa 4S a few years ago, and let my dealer know then (believe it or not) that I would like to get a PTS spot, if they ever come open. (things were also tight back then on supply and PTS). I keep in touch with my dealer, as I buy a new 911 every few years, low and behold he let me know he had a PTS allocation and I should have it at the end of April (give or take with the backup in shipping/control panel issue happening now).
Old 02-14-2024, 11:46 AM
porsche526
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
I placed my PTS order late last year, the dealer had a allocation for a PTS - so I jumped on it - I actually went into freeze status on Monday. I think they are still few and far between, my dealer said that was the first allocation/opening for PTS he had seen in over 6 months.

Best thing to do is call your dealer(s) near you and see if they have an allocation for the specific variant you are looking for, or let them know you are looking for PTS.

I got my current non-pts delivered 2022 Targa 4S a few years ago, and let my dealer know then (believe it or not) that I would like to get a PTS spot, if they ever come open. (things were also tight back then on supply and PTS). I keep in touch with my dealer, as I buy a new 911 every few years, low and behold he let me know he had a PTS allocation and I should have it at the end of April (give or take with the backup in shipping/control panel issue happening now).
about what date did they approve the pts
Old 02-14-2024, 12:29 PM
Ickyblowfish
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Targa GTS ordered in June 2023 with PTS was confirmed this week. Exiting factory end of May 2024.

​​​​​​
Old 02-15-2024, 08:45 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche526
about what date did they approve the pts
I got the call from my Dealer in Late October last year that they had a spot open that they could get me a PTS Allocation. Thought the site, etc. said it was still on stop order.

Old 02-15-2024, 08:46 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ickyblowfish
My Targa GTS ordered in June 2023 with PTS was confirmed this week. Exiting factory end of May 2024.

​​​​​​
What PTS color did you go for... ?

I got Dark Olive Metallic on my targa 4S order.
The following users liked this post:
2thHappy (02-15-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 03:16 PM
Ickyblowfish
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What PTS color did you go for... ?

I got Dark Olive Metallic on my targa 4S order.
I got Jet Green Metallic. Dark Olive looks very nice, wow!
Old 02-15-2024, 03:29 PM
470NitroExpress
Track Day

Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts

I am relatively new to this, but my understanding is that it falls into two categories: 1) preferred clients, and 2) people that get really lucky. I just so happened to be the latter. I was on the list for a 911 GTS and when I got my allocation (the final 2024 911 GTS allocation for my dealership) and went in to make my selections, at that point I found out I received a PTS. So then I went back to the drawing board and stressed over it for the next month. I decided on Irish Green.
Old 02-16-2024, 05:51 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 470NitroExpress
I am relatively new to this, but my understanding is that it falls into two categories: 1) preferred clients, and 2) people that get really lucky. I just so happened to be the latter. I was on the list for a 911 GTS and when I got my allocation (the final 2024 911 GTS allocation for my dealership) and went in to make my selections, at that point I found out I received a PTS. So then I went back to the drawing board and stressed over it for the next month. I decided on Irish Green.

Nice - I am a multi-repeat customer, and brought it up to my dealer when I took delivery of my 2022 Targa - so I was about 2 years from when they finally got a PTS allocation. Nice luck in getting one for you!

Looks like we are all three going with the green shades (Forest, Dark Olive and Irish).

A buddy of mine has an Irish green GT3 (991) - it is really a great color, you will love it. It was top also on my top 3-4 on my list - love the irish and brewster. I also had Forest Green up there as well. I was also noodling Oak Green Metallic, but seems like many have went that route as of the last few years, so went with Dark Olive.

Can't wait to see them all! Mine is targeted delivery end of April (April 29th) arrival at dealer. I suspect with the delays in the ports and the part swaps, that will likely get pushed a bit. But I am not in a huge rush.
The following users liked this post:
470NitroExpress (02-20-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 04:56 PM
bdardashti
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I placed my order last month for Oak Green with Cohiba EM interior for May production and July ED. Was on the list since late 2021. In Jan this year, I was offered a non-PTS allocation for Feb production, or a PTS allocation for May. Took the latter. My dealer said they've been available throughout, but very few (and many months in between).

Note that I'm Canada so YMMV.
Old 02-17-2024, 08:40 PM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,039 Likes on 473 Posts

I think they are still few and far between, my dealer said that was the first allocation/opening for PTS he had seen in over 6 months.
Many dealerships have been without one for a lot longer than six months. It has been ages since PTS allocations have been this sparse. And it's been this way for a few years now.

Originally Posted by 470NitroExpress
my understanding is that it falls into two categories: 1) preferred clients, and 2) people that get really lucky.
Yes, basically just VIP's and lottery winners.
Old 02-18-2024, 02:08 AM
911_613
5th Gear

Received 23 Likes on 3 Posts

I received allocation for PTS in December, vehicle locked last week with a April delivery date.

Went with Etna blue/blue top on a base cab with chalk interior

Last edited by 911_613; 02-18-2024 at 02:21 AM.
Old 02-18-2024, 02:43 AM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 477 Likes on 174 Posts

Not all VIPs.

First time buyer, no ADM, actually got a small discount.

That being said it's been 2 1/2 years since I took delivery so looks like things have got a lot tougher.

I went British Racing Green and have never regretted it.

Quick Reply: PTS COLORS