Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound Package Plus Base Stereo Upgrade on 911 992

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 11:58 AM
shelbyking
Banned

Received 261 Likes on 147 Posts

I'll bet these upgrades would really bring my talk radio to life!
The following users liked this post:
alex98ti (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 01:49 PM
alex98ti
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Pad Bender
yes...I have dynaudio tweeters up front (adapters and wiring from Rennline when they were still in business) and Focal coaxials in the door with the Audison AP 8s.

I run fade +2 to front which takes advantage of this speaker setup. Sounds much fuller as front tweets fire up rather than from the A-pillar in most high fidelity systems.

The rear tweeters and mids are useless and just for fill.

Just dropped off at Number 1 sound for the Match 10 up amp install...cant wait.
Awesome. Keep us posted. It will be a major sound upgrade with the Amp. I still can not believe how powerful the output is on the Match up 10 with stock base speakers. You will be blown away.
Old 02-22-2024, 02:23 PM
user 64927802
Banned

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

My apologies if im jumping to another topic about speakers, as I don't want to start a new thread, but I saw on Suncoast that they sell Burmester speakers almost the same price as BOSE ? im talking like I could swear a $10 dollar difference on some speakers????
I didn't see Amps or other type of electrical devices, but defenitely speakers for sure.
Anyone know or tried swapping out the BOSE speakers to Burmeister? will it work for the good or worse.
Not that I would do it even if someone handed me the speakers for free, but since we talking system upgrades, just curious if anyone ever looked into this.

Again my apology and thank you!

Old 02-22-2024, 04:01 PM
alex98ti
Instructor

Originally Posted by Adam&Ellas992
My apologies if im jumping to another topic about speakers, as I don't want to start a new thread, but I saw on Suncoast that they sell Burmester speakers almost the same price as BOSE ? im talking like I could swear a $10 dollar difference on some speakers????
I didn't see Amps or other type of electrical devices, but defenitely speakers for sure.
Anyone know or tried swapping out the BOSE speakers to Burmeister? will it work for the good or worse.
Not that I would do it even if someone handed me the speakers for free, but since we talking system upgrades, just curious if anyone ever looked into this.

Again my apology and thank you!

I just checked their site and you are right. they are not expensive at all but it also says they are for replacement only and not for upgrades from Bose or Burmester.

Website text: Sold as a replacement, not as an upgrade. Plug connections are specific for the Burmester audio system, not a plug-and-play upgrade for other audio systems.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...92burmcen.html

Last edited by alex98ti; 02-22-2024 at 04:04 PM.
user 64927802 (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 04:31 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by alex98ti
I just checked their site and you are right. they are not expensive at all but it also says they are for replacement only and not for upgrades from Bose or Burmester.

Website text: Sold as a replacement, not as an upgrade. Plug connections are specific for the Burmester audio system, not a plug-and-play upgrade for other audio systems.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...92burmcen.html
True not an exact plug and play. However, makes you wonder how much better is the Burmester from the Bose. Speaker cost difference is negligible. On my home system, my speakers are the most expensive component.
alex98ti (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 06:14 PM
alex98ti
Instructor

Originally Posted by gellie
True not an exact plug and play. However, makes you wonder how much better is the Burmester from the Bose. Speaker cost difference is negligible. On my home system, my speakers are the most expensive component.
Right! I guess most of the Porsche's
​​profit comes from expensive options that in reality are not that expensive.
Old 02-23-2024, 11:01 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 655 Posts

Awesome. Keep us posted. It will be a major sound upgrade with the Amp. I still can not believe how powerful the output is on the Match up 10 with stock base speakers. You will be blown away.
man...my ears are ringing now. Match UP 10 is no lightweight. damn loud, clean and rich. holy.

Will do a final calibration after I have spent some time rocking it out.
VarTheVar (02-24-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 12:35 AM
alex98ti
Instructor

man...my ears are ringing now. Match UP 10 is no lightweight. damn loud, clean and rich. holy.

Will do a final calibration after I have spent some time rocking it out.
Amazing 🙌 👌 that was exactly my experience. After the Match up 10 DSP upgrade the music was much clearer and way louder.
Can you please share here or privately what was the cost for new speakers and sound deadening you did initially? I might consider doing it with George.

Last edited by alex98ti; 02-24-2024 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-24-2024, 07:47 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 655 Posts

Amazing 🙌 👌 that was exactly my experience. After the Match up 10 DSP upgrade the music was much clearer and way louder.
Can you please share here or privately what was the cost for new speakers and sound deadening you did initially? I might consider doing it with George.
I shall...did the recalibration. Sounds incredible.
Old 02-26-2024, 06:49 PM
alex98ti
Instructor

I shall...did the recalibration. Sounds incredible.
Great! I think the biggest factor was the adjustment DSP has. I had the same experience.
Old 03-14-2024, 08:25 PM
Vincent Chui
3rd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for sharing, I have a 992 T with the base audio. I am in SoCal and was looking for a clean installation without cutting any factory wiring and drilling.

I contacted March and they do make a harness for the 992 for their Match 8 DSP.

I also found BP Autosound who did the research and a very clean installation using the harness. They were able to add a 10 inch subwoofer and add a center speaker for me. All powered by the match 8 DSP. I am using factory base speakers, and it sounds better than the Bose already. I am happy to share more detail information about the setup if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Vincent Chui; 03-14-2024 at 08:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vincent Chui:
alex98ti (03-15-2024), AlterZgo (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 10:13 AM
alex98ti
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vincent Chui
Thanks for sharing, I have a 992 T with the base audio. I am in SoCal and was looking for a clean installation without cutting any factory wiring and drilling.

I also found BP Autosound who did the research and a very clean installation using the harness. They were able to add a 10 inch subwoofer and add a center speaker for me. All powered by the match 8 DSP. I am using factory base speakers, and it sounds better than the Bose already. I am happy to share more detail information about the setup if anyone is interested.

Thanks for sharing. That's great. Another Successful upgrade with factory speakers 👌. After driving the car for about a month I think I am very happy to keep it this way with just the amplifier upgrade but now I am little tempted about the subwoofer. Can you please share more details about the exact harness, subwoofer model (and install location) and center speaker used. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:37 AM
stiff///M
Racer

Received 501 Likes on 196 Posts

Did the Match harness make it completely plug and play or did you still need to add a power wire? This is the solution I've been waiting for. Simple amp installed with a harness to add more power.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:11 PM
Vincent Chui
3rd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stiff///M
Did the Match harness make it completely plug and play or did you still need to add a power wire? This is the solution I've been waiting for. Simple amp installed with a harness to add more power.
I believe the power for the amp is not part of the harness, and they got the power from the fuse box by the passenger footwell side. The base audio factory linked the tweeter and the mid together, so this is how all the 8 channels were hooked up.

harness: Match PP VAG2.6
1 - center speaker (Audison Prima 2" midrange)
2 - left tweeter/mid (linked from factory/harness)
3 - right tweeter/mid (linked from factory/harness)
4 - left door 8" bass
5 - right door 8" bass
6 - left/right rear speakers (linked)
7 and 8 (linked) - Audison 10" subwoofer

By the way, the shop told me two of the wires from the harness were backward, so they corrected it. They also tuned it, and it sounds great.

Last edited by Vincent Chui; 03-15-2024 at 12:39 PM.
alex98ti (03-16-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 01:03 PM
stiff///M
Racer

Received 501 Likes on 196 Posts

I believe the power for the amp is not part of the harness, and they got the power from the fuse box by the passenger footwell side. The base audio factory linked the tweeter and the mid together, so this is how all the 8 channels were hooked up.

harness: Match PP VAG2.6
1 - center speaker (Audison Prima 2" midrange)
2 - left tweeter/mid (linked from factory/harness)
3 - right tweeter/mid (linked from factory/harness)
4 - left door 8" bass
5 - right door 8" bass
6 - left/right rear speakers (linked)
7 and 8 (linked) - Audison 10" subwoofer

By the way, the shop told me two of the wires from the harness were backward, so they corrected it. They also tuned it, and it sounds great.
Great info, thanks. So if you don't do a center channel or sub I take it the rear speakers can be on their own channels?

Quick Reply: Sound Package Plus Base Stereo Upgrade on 911 992