Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First 911 - Critique my build

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2024 | 09:52 PM
Michael M.
AutoX

Default First 911 - Critique my build

Buying my first P car, have a mid year build allocation for a 2024 992 C2S.

Here is my build, love feedback, anything missing, anything that is a waste of money. Also still deciding between GT Silver or Agate Grey. Also, should I keep the wheel in the Truffle Brown or swap out for Race-Tex so that it's black and breaks up all the brown. Lastly, is Front Axle Lift in the Westchester NY area needed.

Thanks a ton.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR53ZPZ3
Old 01-23-2024 | 10:05 PM
LeftLane50mph
Rennlist Member

Good number of performance options ticked. What about RAS?
The following users liked this post:
Metalblond (01-31-2024)
Old 01-23-2024 | 11:26 PM
aspan
Rennlist Member

I had chalk seatbelts in my last 992, they did get soiled and were difficult to clean even with a steam cleaner.
Metalblond (01-31-2024)
Old 01-24-2024 | 12:15 AM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

APPROVED.
catdog2 (01-25-2024)
Old 01-24-2024 | 12:43 AM
Jkc79
Intermediate

I'm building the same car and have been obsessing over the options myself this past week.

If the interior is this luxurious brown leather, why add race tex? The interior inlay leather addition? Seems to be the most noticeable extra leather option (vs door/extended dash)

Is the 930 quilt worth it?

Rear axle steering?

I was told by my SA that front axle isn't so important for C2S unless you have a steep driveway.
Old 01-24-2024 | 08:20 AM
txpackers
Racer

Looks like a really good build.

Regarding color, I’d stick with GT Silver as you have it. It’s much more of classic Porsche color.

The Truffle Brown interior is very nice. I considered it myself, but I did not like the brown steering wheel and brown dash. If those were black, that would be my interior. The 930 package is absolutely worth it. I’d leave the seatbelts standard. Chalk just doesn’t seen right with the brown.

Some people love sunroofs, some people hate them, and some people add them just because they’re told they need it for future resale value. If you love them, keep it. If not, remove it and save some money. It won’t affect resale.

Most likely you won’t need FAL. You need to evaluate your driveway and places you normally drive to determine if it’s needed. I didn’t add it to mine and haven’t missed it.

Finally, you added the best option with the manual transmission. Excellent choice.

Enjoy the process. It’s so worth it in the end.
Ikone (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024 | 08:38 AM
vintage38
Racer

Looks fantastic. Personal opinion but a few things I would change, delete front axle lift and add sport chrono package. I don’t have front axle lift and the once in a while I might need it I proceed with caution. I really enjoy the elevated driving experience of the Sport Chrono package and wouldn't consider buying a 992 with out it. Also I didn't opt for 10 mm lower suspension as I don’t track my car and didn't want to give up ride quality on my long trips and daily drives.

Last edited by vintage38; 01-24-2024 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-24-2024 | 08:41 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Michael M.
Buying my first P car, have a mid year build allocation for a 2024 992 C2S.

Here is my build, love feedback, anything missing, anything that is a waste of money. Also still deciding between GT Silver or Agate Grey. Also, should I keep the wheel in the Truffle Brown or swap out for Race-Tex so that it's black and breaks up all the brown. Lastly, is Front Axle Lift in the Westchester NY area needed.

Thanks a ton.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR53ZPZ3

i think it will be stunning. classic color and well equipped with lots of popular options. FAL, is so nice. i didn't think i would like it but i use it all the time.

if you could, i would add the sport design package (the non-sd bumper) is painted on the sides and is prone to peppering unless you get it PPF'd to death.

and also sc. but maybe you don't need it or maybe there is another way of using launch control. i love the pdk ... it is so perfect in the 992 (just bang on) but totally understand wanting a MT.

overall, its an amazing build and im sure you will love it in 4-6 months!

getting a new porsche 911 was one of the best days of my life.

Old 01-24-2024 | 08:44 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

another color to consider that is just stunning in person. ice grey metallic. like with many porsche colors, pictures don't do it justice.

Eugene Soldak (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024 | 08:50 AM
HudsonOH992GTS
Instructor

Very nice build. I would keep most as is.
No race-tex on steering wheel.
If you have not done so, go sit in and try the various seat options at the dealer. I went with 18 way for added adjustments and bolsters. I passed on RAS as well. Glad not to have another system in the car.

I love my manual in my Carmine red w GTS interior. I also added aftermarket radiator grill store grills for front facia to protect the very open radiators.

Old 01-24-2024 | 09:01 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

1. Great color. Classic. We were between GT and Gentian.

2. Folks love those RS wheels but they are cast, not forged and I’ve read they are hard to clean. I would put my money toward the Exclusives, which are forged and easier to clean. They also come with painted center caps. Full disclosure, I have Classics ordered on my upcoming Targa, even though they are cast as well. The Selection Committee chose those over Exclusives.

3. I very much prefer 18 way seats (I’ve had both over the years) but that’s a very individual thing, You might want to try them if possible.

4. I’ve had sport exhaust in several cars and always ended up turning it off. With MT, you already get SC at no extra charge. If the car isn’t loud enough for you, you can put the savings towards a Soul exhaust or (choose your brand). Bonus for me is I like the look of the quad exhaust tips better than the PSE ovals.

5. I can’t stand the feel of Racetex. Again, very personal choice. It may not wear as well as leather on the steering wheel.
Old 01-24-2024 | 10:44 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

I would add the brushed aluminum trim to the interior to give it some contrast instead of the dull plastic trim that is standard.

Why the locking wheel bolts? Are you really gonna park it overnight in a bad area? Plus, now you have to remember to keep the piece to unlock the bolt in the car.
Old 01-24-2024 | 11:30 AM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vintage38
Looks fantastic. Personal opinion but a few things I would change, delete front axle lift and add sport chrono package. I don’t have front axle lift and the once in a while I might need it I proceed with caution. I really enjoy the elevated driving experience of the Sport Chrono package and wouldn't consider buying a 992 with out it. Also I didn't opt for 10 mm lower suspension as I don’t track my car and didn't want to give up ride quality on my long trips and daily drives.
Sport chrono is included with the manual tranny.
vintage38 (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024 | 11:44 AM
Eugene Soldak
Intermediate

But that's amazing. I can't close my eyes because the car is a perfection.
Old 01-24-2024 | 12:10 PM
vintage38
Racer

Originally Posted by dudeoverthere
Sport chrono is included with the manual tranny.
Nice ! I'm surprised Porsche includes anything, as everything seems to be a upcharge. Lol

Quick Reply: First 911 - Critique my build