Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First 911 - Critique my build

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 12:12 PM
scottmesenbrink
Advanced

Received 106 Likes on 45 Posts

Great build. I also opted to not get RAS because I’m not sure it’s worth having it. I would not get a Race-Tex wheel. It will clash with the interior and I have it in my GT4 with all its higher maintenance. Silver belts will get dirty as others have mentioned. FAL is needed if you have known steepness to get over but that’s a decision we all have to make. I don’t have it in my 992 and I have a good incline to my driveway with no problem.

the only thing I might consider is aluminum pedals. They maintain a great appearance over time. Not that it’s that noticeable, but a have them in my 6MT GT4 and I have come to like them a lot.

Great build and congrats!
Old 01-24-2024, 12:18 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,258 Posts

When building my '23 GT3 Touring I went with FAL and RAS and am glad I did.
Depends on your area, but we have an awful lot of steep curbs/gutters here in the Bay Area to negotiate.

GT Silver was my primary color until I thought more about it and feared that it might look "washed" out.
I switched to Agate Grey and am happy I did given how "deep" it is.
But it's all personal preference.

Is this agate grey or some PTS color? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-24-2024 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2024, 01:27 PM
jfb992
Advanced

Received 65 Likes on 32 Posts

Love the specification. One note with the club brown with deviated stitching is that not all the stitching is chalk. The steering wheel, lower door panels and storage lid will have brown stitching. I was disappointed to find this after delivery on my C2S with black interior. To get all panels with deviated stitching need to go with Deviated Stitching Interior Package.

This was my build from July 2022 for 2023 MY. https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PP13YTP6

The following 2 users liked this post by jfb992:
catdog2 (01-25-2024), Diablo Dude (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 03:59 PM
js1ngh13
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

OP - Build looks great! Brown interior looks great.

Also in the same boat! Critique my build
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRBDW2P8 please!
Old 01-24-2024, 11:09 PM
Michael M.
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tmslc
another color to consider that is just stunning in person. ice grey metallic. like with many porsche colors, pictures don't do it justice.

Thank you everyone for your helpful comments. Arctic Grey is absolutely a amazing color. Thought hard about it, I've seen a 991.2 in that color really liked it. Worried that in 10 years I won't. RAS is nice but I don't think I need it, not planning on tracking it and if my K turns take longer, well, that is just more time driving this car. Plus don't want another system that could go bad. The feedback on seatbelts was very helpful. Going to make some changes to the build, Thank you again everyone.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:10 PM
Michael M.
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you on the details of the stitching. that does change my plans. Love you build.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:49 AM
fxmixer
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael M.
Thank you everyone for your helpful comments. Arctic Grey is absolutely a amazing color. Thought hard about it, I've seen a 991.2 in that color really liked it. Worried that in 10 years I won't. RAS is nice but I don't think I need it, not planning on tracking it and if my K turns take longer, well, that is just more time driving this car. Plus don't want another system that could go bad. The feedback on seatbelts was very helpful. Going to make some changes to the build, Thank you again everyone.
The car shown is in Ice Grey Metallic and not Arctic Grey. Wasn't available on 991. Love your build! That is one of my favorite interiors. So classy.

Last edited by fxmixer; 01-25-2024 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-25-2024, 05:11 AM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 365 Posts

You may want to consider the sport design front fascia and I agree I would get the leather on steering wheel. Also consider getting the leather accents in the fascia. I would skip the FAL (unless necesaary where you live) and definitely go for sports suspension (SPASM) as the regular PASM is definitely softer. Having the Spyder wheels I agree with above they are a huge pain to clean from brake dust and so consider adding PCCB (my recommendation) or switch to the classic wheels although it will change car's presence. Beautiful car. I have similar build silver grey/black Spyder/SPASM but with the Tex-Leather interior combo. Love your build.
Old 01-25-2024, 10:05 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,258 Posts

Originally Posted by catdog2
. . . and so consider adding PCCB (my recommendation)
Agreed.

If you can swing the extra money, you'll love the fact that PCCB's shed zero brake dust. I love not having to clean my wheels!
I'd also go with the leather steering wheel. A leather wheel sets "off" the entire dash a lot better than race-tex.
The difference is dramatic.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:08 AM
Crusje
Racer

Received 253 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by tmslc
if you could, i would add the sport design package (the non-sd bumper) is painted on the sides and is prone to peppering unless you get it PPF'd to death.
Are you talking about the rear bumper? The sd front looks like it has way more paint to get sprayed with rocks to me.
Old 01-31-2024, 09:47 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Crusje
Are you talking about the rear bumper? The sd front looks like it has way more paint to get sprayed with rocks to me.
the sd REAR bumper has plastic on the far lower sections of the bumper. the non sd is painted. but with enough ppf on the painted bumper it will hold up.
Old 01-31-2024, 09:50 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by fxmixer
The car shown is in Ice Grey Metallic and not Arctic Grey. Wasn't available on 991. Love your build! That is one of my favorite interiors. So classy.
thank you. it is truly a stunning build. i am very lucky to have it. and yes, the color is ice grey and it will hold up in 200 years

Quick Reply: First 911 - Critique my build