Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Seat Delete? Trade me your seats....

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2024 | 12:44 AM
Go_On3
7th Gear

Default Rear Seat Delete? Trade me your seats....

Hey Gang,

Are you doing a rear seat delete?
Do you need the rear GT3 parts? Lets talk!
I need your seats and parts and you need mine. Private Message me or Text me at 678-449-six956.
I have all part numbers / parts each of us are in need of to accommodate each of us and happy to discuss that too.

Thanks,
Zane
Old 01-22-2024 | 10:51 AM
shack993
Rennlist Member

Piggy backing on this. If you have a carrera T and want to do a rear seat delete, I will swap with you. I don't have rear seats and need them.
Old 01-22-2024 | 05:12 PM
Biohazard
Racer

I wish you both luck. Awesome idea.
Old 01-22-2024 | 05:35 PM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

I believe the only non-do-able part are the latch anchors as they are welded through the body prior to the engine being fitted.
Old 01-22-2024 | 05:39 PM
cyclingismylife
Rennlist Member

This might be worth a watch:
The following users liked this post:
defiant2 (01-22-2024)
Old 01-22-2024 | 08:12 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

If you embark on this journey, I wouldn’t have anyone riding back there that isn’t an immediate family member. If you manage to get into an accident, your insurance claims will be denied — you added seats where no seats are meant to be. Even without an accident, if your insurance company learns of this modification, they will drop you and notify the lien holder (if applicable). Even if you were willing to take on all of that risk, it would also be wise to remove them before you put the car up for sale or trade, because this is the kind of modification that will have liability strings attached, even with a change in ownership.

If you’ve got the assets to have a GT3, you probably have assets worth protecting. While mechanically uncomplicated, adding 2 seats to something sold as a 2 seater is a substantial modification. I would consult with your attorney before taking on that kind of personal risk.

Sorry, I am not trying to be “fun police” on this one, but you should be aware that it carries significantly more risk than other modifications.
Old 01-22-2024 | 08:47 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by detansinn
If you embark on this journey, I wouldn’t have anyone riding back there that isn’t an immediate family member. If you manage to get into an accident, your insurance claims will be denied — you added seats where no seats are meant to be. Even without an accident, if your insurance company learns of this modification, they will drop you and notify the lien holder (if applicable). Even if you were willing to take on all of that risk, it would also be wise to remove them before you put the car up for sale or trade, because this is the kind of modification that will have liability strings attached, even with a change in ownership.
Completely untrue. First off, I know of no insurance policies that indicate there would be no coverage if something on the car is modified. You can install some Ben Hur style protruding wheel hubs with a pointy end and slice a pedestrian's leg with your car and your liability insurance policy would still cover you for the injuries to the pedestrian. Most policies write coverage in a very broad sense and none of the exclusions I've read talk about excluding coverage if the car is modified.

As for coverage for only immediate family members, in certain states like California, there are actually household family exclusions that woud deny liability coverage for family members injured in your car but would provide coverage for NON-family members who are injured in your car. So the opposite of your assumption may be true depending on where you live.

I've done all kinds of modifications to virtually every car I've ever owned and the mods are arguably more dangerous than installing back seats and I've had no problem procuring insurance for the cars. Heck 99% of the time they never even inspect the car and on the very rare occasion I had to make a claim, the appraisers didn't even bat an eye to any of my mods. They simply don't care and if you used OEM equipment, they wouldn't even realize that a GT3 or a standard Carrera T didn't come with back seats.
The following 2 users liked this post by AlterZgo:
GT3Belts (01-29-2024), M3Inline6 (01-29-2024)
Old 01-22-2024 | 10:13 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It's not a matter of a family member and liability. It's a matter of being sued by a non-family member, and/or their family, for being injured in a seat that you chose to install back there.
So, if you give your kid's friend a ride in the back seat of your GT3, you're taking on a whole new dimension of liability that you wouldn't be experiencing in a car that was engineered and sold with a back seat.

Carrera Ts are sold with/without back seats. Installing a seat back there using OEM parts is much less of an issue as Porsche sells that car as a 2+2. Porsche does not sell a GT3 with a 2+2 configuration and it is not homologated as such.

As I suggested, consult your attorney and make your own judgment with regards to the risk that you're comfortable with.
Old 01-22-2024 | 10:47 PM
jhenson29
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
You can install some Ben Hur style protruding wheel hubs with a pointy end and slice a pedestrian's leg with your car
Are these available in carbon fiber? I don’t want to add a lot of unsprung weight to my car.
Old 01-23-2024 | 12:33 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jhenson29
Are these available in carbon fiber? I don’t want to add a lot of unsprung weight to my car.
I’m sure someone can make them for you in CF if that’s your jam. You can also get some tuner lug bolts that have a sharp pointy tip so you will have five pointy objects per wheel to wreck havoc with.
The following users liked this post:
jhenson29 (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024 | 11:44 AM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Does this help anyone in this journey??

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1390525
Old 01-29-2024 | 12:12 AM
GT3Belts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Go_On3
Hey Gang,

Are you doing a rear seat delete?
Do you need the rear GT3 parts? Lets talk!
I need your seats and parts and you need mine. Private Message me or Text me at 678-449-six956.
I have all part numbers / parts each of us are in need of to accommodate each of us and happy to discuss that too.

Thanks,
Zane

If you anyone needs the 992 C-pillar trim blanks for your rear seat delete project, we offer them for enthusiasts.

992 C-pillar trim blanks

Old 01-29-2024 | 12:52 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

This could be fun. I might be willing to rid the seats in my ‘22 C2S for the GT3 rear seat delete parts. I plan to eventually get LWCB’s from a GT3 or other 992 as well.
Old 01-30-2024 | 04:02 PM
shack993
Rennlist Member

@M3Inline6 I'd be happy to do a switch with you for my rear seat delete kit of my Carrera T
Old 01-30-2024 | 04:11 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by shack993
@M3Inline6 I'd be happy to do a switch with you for my rear seat delete kit of my Carrera T
Can you shoot me a P/M with pics?

Quick Reply: Rear Seat Delete? Trade me your seats....