Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daily driving PCCB vs. reg brakes- can you feel a difference?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 11:42 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,541 Likes on 5,064 Posts

Originally Posted by Triathlonkid
Thanks everyone for chiming in your experiences. I learned a lot from hearing what you've all experienced with it. I'd love to try PCCB one day and see how it feels.

With that said, I wonder if a lot of new buyers just click PCCB assuming it's better. Based on what I gathered from reading above (and pending lack of person experience w/ trying PCCB), I almost feel I would never order PCCB. I predominantly drive city and occasionally drive highway. I would hate to have to drive and to remember to "warm" up the brakes. I just want to step on it and have it work when I need it. Don't see any big advantages and wonder why everyone goes for PCCB.

I'm so curious whether many new buyers even know what they are getting themselves into with PCCB. Bc despite being able to regurgitate every spec option this knowledge I did not have despite being an owner for almost a year.
Um, I think you've misinterpreted what people have said about PCCB brake feel when cold -- certainly at least to what I said.

It's not that the PCCBs don't work when cold (or wet), just that they work less effectively when compared to when they are warm, which is fantastic.

So if on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being best.

PCCBs when warm - 10
PCCBs when cold - 7
Iron OEM rotors whenever - 8

There you go, some context.
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
AlfaM5 (01-09-2024), dixonk (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 01:06 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,319 Likes on 496 Posts

Originally Posted by protamine
Some of us want to match the color scheme. Yellow looks great (esp on carmine, look at the press GTS cars). They just look fantastic. I'm not concerned with fade, track etc as the cars have so much capability that I will never use to its fullest.

There are much less expensive ways to get yellow calipers.
The following users liked this post:
Grimz (01-10-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 04:19 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,007 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Originally Posted by wintershade
I would never order another car without PCCBs if they were available.

ordered a 992 T. Only thing I wish it had was PCCBs. Will miss those when I trade the TTS in.
Me too. I'm ordering ST brakes for my incoming T. If you're interested maybe we can place the order together and get a deal? DM me.
Old 01-14-2024, 02:52 PM
2020AGM992C4S
3rd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Triathlonkid
Thanks everyone for chiming in your experiences. I learned a lot from hearing what you've all experienced with it. I'd love to try PCCB one day and see how it feels.

With that said, I wonder if a lot of new buyers just click PCCB assuming it's better. Based on what I gathered from reading above (and pending lack of person experience w/ trying PCCB), I almost feel I would never order PCCB. I predominantly drive city and occasionally drive highway. I would hate to have to drive and to remember to "warm" up the brakes. I just want to step on it and have it work when I need it. Don't see any big advantages and wonder why everyone goes for PCCB.

I'm so curious whether many new buyers even know what they are getting themselves into with PCCB. Bc despite being able to regurgitate every spec option this knowledge I did not have despite being an owner for almost a year.
Bought a preowned C4S with PCCBs. First 911 and my use case is mostly daily + weekend with no plans for tracking.

For everyday driving, the car has such great brakes and I’m not slamming on the brakes the moment I leave the house, I haven’t noticed any warm up issues that has been mentioned.

Before I bought this car, I spec’d a S and did not option PCCBs because of the price. I had a nice test drive in a S and felt the steel was perfectly fine for me.

Bottom line for me is it’s a nice to have but not necessary.

Quick Reply: Daily driving PCCB vs. reg brakes- can you feel a difference?