992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio of Rear rattle/tick new 2024 tts

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2024 | 02:30 PM
TexasIowan
Advanced

Hey @Muffdiever I reached out via a PM to follow up on getting a screen grab of the repair invoice verbiage and dealer contact info and at the risk of coming off as a stalker, I wanted to try here too just in case you have a thread notification on. I really think I have the exact same issue and would really appreciate being able to arm my local dealer with the "fix" your dealer performed.

Thanks a million,
Brett
Old 02-27-2024 | 09:50 PM
mcacs1
Instructor

Originally Posted by TexasIowan
Hey @Muffdiever I reached out via a PM to follow up on getting a screen grab of the repair invoice verbiage and dealer contact info and at the risk of coming off as a stalker, I wanted to try here too just in case you have a thread notification on. I really think I have the exact same issue and would really appreciate being able to arm my local dealer with the "fix" your dealer performed.

Thanks a million,
Brett
What fix? Did I miss a post?
Old 02-27-2024 | 10:07 PM
TexasIowan
Advanced

Originally Posted by mcacs1
What fix? Did I miss a post?
Via an earlier PM (about a month ago) he stated that they had fixed it. Apparently they had to re-torque something which required taking a lot off to get to. That’s about the only insight I have unfortunately. I don’t know if the repair was localized to inside the cabin or somewhere on the exterior/engine bay/etc.

He likely doesn’t jump online that frequently and I’m trying all avenues to try and reconnect and make contact given I truly think I have the same issue. Ideally I’d like to serve-up the fix to my dealer vs them hunting blindly.
Old 02-28-2024 | 07:13 PM
mcacs1
Instructor

Originally Posted by TexasIowan
Via an earlier PM (about a month ago) he stated that they had fixed it. Apparently they had to re-torque something which required taking a lot off to get to. That’s about the only insight I have unfortunately. I don’t know if the repair was localized to inside the cabin or somewhere on the exterior/engine bay/etc.

He likely doesn’t jump online that frequently and I’m trying all avenues to try and reconnect and make contact given I truly think I have the same issue. Ideally I’d like to serve-up the fix to my dealer vs them hunting blindly.
Thanks.

So... I went to the dealer today for my engine mount rattle. The procedure from Porsche (in Canada) consists in installing microphones and accelerometers to confirm that the noise is coming from the mounts at 1500RPM. If it's below a certain volume level I suspect the procedure will say it's normal. In case of a replacement outcome, the procedure warns that replacing the mounts may not solve the problem. The dealer will do this diagnostic procedure first and then look into a different noise (like a knock) when I roll over uneven pavement which also seems to be related to the engine mounts. Their procedure described above doesn't cover that, but it is the second noise that bothers me the most out of the two. At this stage I don't know where all this is going to go. Without a definite working solution for those d**m mounts, it's hard to foresee a positive outcome. But at least if the dealer recognizes the problem (which the foreman heard during the test drive with me), I'll be further along.
Old 02-28-2024 | 07:29 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Are the engine mounts filled with fluid or active in anyway? Anyone have a pic and some info?

Old 02-28-2024 | 07:34 PM
mcacs1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Are the engine mounts filled with fluid or active in anyway? Anyone have a pic and some info?
They are dynamic and filled with magnetorheological fluid.
Old 02-28-2024 | 07:40 PM
TexasIowan
Advanced

Originally Posted by mcacs1
Thanks.

So... I went to the dealer today for my engine mount rattle. The procedure from Porsche (in Canada) consists in installing microphones and accelerometers to confirm that the noise is coming from the mounts at 1500RPM. If it's below a certain volume level I suspect the procedure will say it's normal. In case of a replacement outcome, the procedure warns that replacing the mounts may not solve the problem. The dealer will do this diagnostic procedure first and then look into a different noise (like a knock) when I roll over uneven pavement which also seems to be related to the engine mounts. Their procedure described above doesn't cover that, but it is the second noise that bothers me the most out of the two. At this stage I don't know where all this is going to go. Without a definite working solution for those d**m mounts, it's hard to foresee a positive outcome. But at least if the dealer recognizes the problem (which the foreman heard during the test drive with me), I'll be further along.
while I had my mounts replaced (my issue is still present), I don’t think that was my issue in the end, that and my impression is it wasn’t @Muffdiever either. My issue was never associated with rpms and was road surface and temp related. But pending his resolution who knows.

Last edited by TexasIowan; 02-28-2024 at 07:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mcacs1 (02-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Audio of Rear rattle/tick new 2024 tts