Sponsored by:

Colored aftermarket interior carbon elements

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 03:50 PM
oziumjinxgts
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Colored aftermarket interior carbon elements

I'm planning to modify the interior of my shark blue 992 a bit with additional carbon fiber components. In my searching I've come across one single vendor that has a large selection of carbon components (https://www.db-design-group.com/) for the 992.

First question: Are there other reputable carbon vendors that folks would recommend?

Second question: I've come across a number of colored interior elements that I think add great visual appeal (think vents, trims, etc). When done in the right places (and not overdone) I think they can look great. I'm looking for some inspiration in this area as it is random and infrequent that I'll see a 911 in my Instagram feed with colored interior touches. Can anyone point me to websites/profiles that have a good volume of these types of photos?

Third and final question: I've seen a few yellows that contrast well with shark blue. Are there other colors people have come across that mesh well with a shark blue exterior?

Thanks
Old 11-30-2023, 04:35 PM
someforumguy
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Subscribed. Also interested
Old 11-30-2023, 05:30 PM
Jeahbladejeah
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 121 Posts

Following as well. Curious to see what you come up with.
- I just installed a new steering wheel rim with Shark Blue stitching from @ProtechpartsEU and am very happy with the results. I'll try to remember to post a picture.
- I'm planning to install my old FF1 shift **** after changing the lettering to shark blue. I bought some touch up paint from Suncoast and fine tip paint brushes, so just need to figure it out.
- Next time I have $1,500 burning a hole in my pocket I'll get the shark blue seat belts.
- I would love a race-tex armrest with Porsche crest and shark blue stitching, but it's like $2,000 and not sure it's worth that.
- Have considered getting my bucket seats re-stitched, but that's a long term goal.
- The GT3RS door pulls would be rad in shark blue, but they only have black, red, and silver.
- Maybe grab one of these 911 dash logos and figure out how to paint it shark blue...? https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/skudashlogo.html Pretty cheap at $60.

These would be really leaning-in to the Shark Blue theme. Both exterior and interior, so would need to be careful to not overdo it.

If you're trying for more of a contrast theme, maybe match interior elements to your red brake calipers? Yellow is good, but to me it works best with PCCBs.
Old 11-30-2023, 05:51 PM
oziumjinxgts
AutoX

Thanks for the info. My brakes on my shark blue GTS are black, no red elements. I've got clear indicators also going to be installed (not much of an orange fan). DB Carbon sent me some example photos of what their components look like with color, which I've listed below. In my opinion they look great. I am completely unaware of the painting process and if this is something that can be added after the fact or is part of the manufacturing process.

A carbon shift **** has been on my wish list since I was young and the example they have from their sister-company (Carbon Company) looks amazing (also listed below but I'd change the red to shark blue).

Old 11-30-2023, 05:55 PM
Jeahbladejeah
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 121 Posts

These carbon pieces are gorgeous. I thought their parts were stick-on only. Are these fully customized interior trim parts?
Old 11-30-2023, 06:04 PM
oziumjinxgts
AutoX

Originally Posted by Jeahbladejeah
These carbon pieces are gorgeous. I thought their parts were stick-on only. Are these fully customized interior trim parts?
it’s my understanding that you can buy their premade parts for the 992 that have color options in addition to custom work that they can do for you (perhaps through their sister company).

from what I’ve seen there is matte, high gloss, silver and “custom color”
The following users liked this post:
Jeahbladejeah (11-30-2023)