Sponsored by:

First Porsche on order!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 05:53 PM
TheGeneral
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by JCB911
So this was a bit of an interesting acquisition for the allocation. I’ve stopped at 3 different Porsche stores over the last 3 years and none of them even wanted to put me on a list or I was quoted 4 years at one store. So I kind of just stopped looking. I have done business with a dealer group and purchased several bmw’s from them. So I randomly approached the GM at bmw who I’ve become friends with and asked him to inquire on a 911S allocation for me if at all possible, as they have a Porsche store in their group as well. They called me the following day and said they’d sell me one at MSRP. A week later allocation came thru. They did say European delivery helped my case but not sure how that plays into it.
ED gets the dealer an additional allocation of the same vehicle (911S).
Old 11-16-2023, 05:56 PM
JCB911
AutoX

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
keep the MT, the RAS, the aerokit and the PSE.
The manual is an absolute must for me in the 911. PDK is absolutely amazing but seeing where all these new cars are headed with EV and less and less options for a manual it was the only logical choice in my head. Love the look of the aero kit. RAS is amazing and sport exhaust of course.
Old 11-16-2023, 06:02 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 956 Posts

The manual is an absolute must for me in the 911. PDK is absolutely amazing but seeing where all these new cars are headed with EV and less and less options for a manual it was the only logical choice in my head. Love the look of the aero kit. RAS is amazing and sport exhaust of course.
Yes. Those are the selections you should keep.
The following users liked this post:
JCB911 (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 06:05 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,442 Likes on 698 Posts

Burmester was a good choice.
The following 2 users liked this post by Staffie Guy:
JCB911 (11-16-2023), txpackers (11-17-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 06:34 PM
JCB911
AutoX

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Yes. Those are the selections you should keep.

Ive toyed with the configuration for hours at home and probably another hour at the dealership as well. This is the final build.
Old 11-16-2023, 06:54 PM
Falcon01
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 31 Posts

Why are you doing Aerokit in High Gloss Black? The car is black anyway, just do it exterior color and save $2k. Same thing with the window accents, and mirror base, just keep it the matte black plastic IMO. You won't notice a huge difference on a black car anyway IMO, and the high gloss stuff scratches very easily. The rest of the spec is nice and very similar to my 911S I spec'd.
Old 11-16-2023, 07:26 PM
JCB911
AutoX

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Falcon01
Why are you doing Aerokit in High Gloss Black? The car is black anyway, just do it exterior color and save $2k. Same thing with the window accents, and mirror base, just keep it the matte black plastic IMO. You won't notice a huge difference on a black car anyway IMO, and the high gloss stuff scratches very easily. The rest of the spec is nice and very similar to my 911S I spec'd.
I think the diffuser in gloss black looks better as opposed to the plastic. Same with the mirrors. I also only wash my cars myself so I’m not too concerned on the scratching portion.
Old 11-16-2023, 07:42 PM
Falcon01
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 31 Posts

I think the diffuser in gloss black looks better as opposed to the plastic. Same with the mirrors. I also only wash my cars myself so I’m not too concerned on the scratching portion.
Fair enough!
The following users liked this post:
JCB911 (11-16-2023)
Old 11-18-2023, 12:16 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 441 Posts

First off, welcome to the dark side... what took you so long? - Seriously, I always thought the P cars couldn't be THAT much better than the M cars that I loved and defended so much - thankfully BMW put that ugly *** nose on the M3/M4 and I was "forced" to the dark side and OMG, these cars are not even in the same ballpark - there is something pure magic about the way a Porsche drives.

Now regarding your build...
1. You sure you want the non-metallic black? The Jet Black on the 992 is similar to black sapphire - but maybe with a touch of blue to it (not as much as carbon black). Alas, it hides scratches much better. Rumor has it the regular black on the 992 will scratch are mar if looked at wrong. PPF $$ might be required to keep that paint looking good. Consider Jet Black is my only advice in terms of color choice.
2. Consider the Center caps with colored porsche crest. I thought I could add them later if I didn't like them - at a lower cost. That was not true. With your black satin wheels selected, it LOOKs like you have them in the configurator -but you don't. Click off the wheel color to see the center caps better.
3. Depending on where you live, going with the sport suspension could be a mistake. I'm in the Midwest and did not spec it - the car rides so much better than my F80 and is just perfect. Others where have complained about the harsh ride when that is selected - and others (ahem, in warm weather states with great roads) say it rides fine. I'm personally glad I did NOT get the S PASM.
4. As noted above, and everything I've read on here since 2020 - glass black window trim will show scratches.
5. Front Axle Lift (FAL) is also dependent upon where you live. I've traveled to San Diego and OMG, I would not want to drive a car there without it. Once again, here in the land of the flat landers, I've never needed it.
6. Extended range fuel tank is another controversial topic - all I know is, the one time I loaded up my frunk, the car drove worse. I don't think I would want 23.7 gallons of fuel up there unless I was taking a long road trip. So if this is a weekend have fun car, I would personally skip this.

Now the truly subjective...
1. A friend of mine just got a similar car and ordered the CF trim like you. He said it might be the biggest rip off and is really disappointed in it. It is only near the cup holder and a little bit on the dash (I forget if on the doors). He said it might be his one regret with his spec.
2. That steering wheel... ugh (sorry!)

Enjoy the car you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by doug_999; 11-18-2023 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-18-2023, 01:41 PM
JCB911
AutoX

Originally Posted by doug_999
First off, welcome to the dark side... what took you so long? - Seriously, I always thought the P cars couldn't be THAT much better than the M cars that I loved and defended so much - thankfully BMW put that ugly *** nose on the M3/M4 and I was "forced" to the dark side and OMG, these cars are not even in the same ballpark - there is something pure magic about the way a Porsche drives.

Now regarding your build...
1. You sure you want the non-metallic black? The Jet Black on the 992 is similar to black sapphire - but maybe with a touch of blue to it (not as much as carbon black). Alas, it hides scratches much better. Rumor has it the regular black on the 992 will scratch are mar if looked at wrong. PPF $$ might be required to keep that paint looking good. Consider Jet Black is my only advice in terms of color choice.
2. Consider the Center caps with colored porsche crest. I thought I could add them later if I didn't like them - at a lower cost. That was not true. With your black satin wheels selected, it LOOKs like you have them in the configurator -but you don't. Click off the wheel color to see the center caps better.
3. Depending on where you live, going with the sport suspension could be a mistake. I'm in the Midwest and did not spec it - the car rides so much better than my F80 and is just perfect. Others where have complained about the harsh ride when that is selected - and others (ahem, in warm weather states with great roads) say it rides fine. I'm personally glad I did NOT get the S PASM.
4. As noted above, and everything I've read on here since 2020 - glass black window trim will show scratches.
5. Front Axle Lift (FAL) is also dependent upon where you live. I've traveled to San Diego and OMG, I would not want to drive a car there without it. Once again, here in the land of the flat landers, I've never needed it.
6. Extended range fuel tank is another controversial topic - all I know is, the one time I loaded up my frunk, the car drove worse. I don't think I would want 23.7 gallons of fuel up there unless I was taking a long road trip. So if this is a weekend have fun car, I would personally skip this.

Now the truly subjective...
1. A friend of mine just got a similar car and ordered the CF trim like you. He said it might be the biggest rip off and is really disappointed in it. It is only near the cup holder and a little bit on the dash (I forget if on the doors). He said it might be his one regret with his spec.
2. That steering wheel... ugh (sorry!)

Enjoy the car you won't be disappointed.

as noted above I couldn’t secure an allocation. I always purchase my cars new so that I can spec them to my liking as opposed to finding a perfect used car which would be damn near impossible.

I didn’t want the blue hue and I agree black sapphire is gorgeous. Had a G82 Comp xdrive in black sapphire and I loved it. Car will be getting full PPF and I only wash the car myself so I’m not worried about scratching it.

in regards to the sport suspension, I drove a GTS with pasm and it was significantly more comfortable than my M4 so to me the ride quality was fine. I will be taking road trips with it so the extended range tank is going to be nice to have.

The carbon fiber I like and it really doesn’t change the build price all that much so I will leave it on.

I will definitely reach out to my sales rep and have them do the colored crest center caps. Thank you for that!
Old 11-18-2023, 01:42 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,187 Posts

Thousand dollar floor mats. 🫣
Solid build.
Spec the smoking package. You get a free cup.

Last edited by Shogunade; 11-18-2023 at 01:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shogunade:
Highline-Autos.com (11-20-2023), JCB911 (11-18-2023)

Quick Reply: First Porsche on order!