992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else on the Lake Wanaka

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2023 | 10:17 PM
ImpeachS
Instructor

Lake Wanaka unloaded in Baltimore and is on its way to Tuxpan, Mexico to do whatever one does there. So our cars are on US soil waiting for inspection and transport, which I have been reading has been somewhat delayed in other ports of arrival. Hopefully not Baltimore.

Old 11-20-2023 | 09:47 AM
ImpeachS
Instructor

Just received this email, "Login now and discover the current phase "Your Porsche is en route to your Porsche dealer" at Track Your Dream."

But when I login to TYD it still shows I am in step 9 that my car is still at the port of entry. Perhaps TYD is behind as it has been.

UPDATE: It caught up. So TYD says I am enroute to the dealership. Only 2 days in port!

Last edited by ImpeachS; 11-20-2023 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-20-2023 | 10:48 AM
rochet
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ImpeachS
Just received this email, "Login now and discover the current phase "Your Porsche is en route to your Porsche dealer" at Track Your Dream."

But when I login to TYD it still shows I am in step 9 that my car is still at the port of entry. Perhaps TYD is behind as it has been.

UPDATE: It caught up. So TYD says I am enroute to the dealership. Only 2 days in port!
Congrats, mine is still in port, hopefully not too far behind.
Old 11-20-2023 | 09:36 PM
ImpeachS
Instructor

For the first time in my 63 years I think I experienced a Christmas miracle...........which is, in itself, a miracle because I am a Jewish guy.

The Lake Wanaka arrived in Baltimore port on Saturday at 11:00pm. Somehow, someway the car made it to my dealership in eastern Pennsylvania by 11:00 this morning (Monday). I went to the dealer, inspected the car, made payment and the car was already sent off for PPF and ceramic coating. It will be ready for pick-up on the day I return from my trip. I am leaving on my trip early tomorrow morning and magically it got to the dealer today. It is a silver lining in my two year+ wait for a 911. I had given up on miracles long ago but.........who knows?

Also got to see a PTS Dakar unloaded from the truck.

I wish you all the same speed and good fortune in your deliveries!

Will post pictures in the Waiting thread as a graduate when I get back from my trip.

Quick Reply: Anyone else on the Lake Wanaka