Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!New 992 engine noise!(youtube video with sound)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 08:42 PM
Mel9114cs
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbanana
992Carreras ,When rpm 1500-1700,Lightly press the accelerator,can hear this snoring sound very clearly,please watch my YouTube video here https://youtu.be/KSnCmatyJpU?si=f-HEFW4W1ueqqQ1x. This drives me crazy,my dealer can't solve it. I drive around ten 992 in my dealer and found all 992 have this noise but noise from new 992 is louder than second hand 992. Dose this sounds right?
Hi .... I have a brand new 2024 911 4S, took delivery a couple of weeks ago. I have "Exactly" the same problem as you have shown in the video. Thank you so much for posting that video! I have had four 4S's in the past, 3 of them 992's, and none of them had this problem. The dealership is telling me wait for another new vehicle to to come in, and they will see if they can reproduce the same problem. Well... that could take many weeks due to the supply chain shortage. They mentioned that Porsche will probably come out with a software fix for this..... well, good luck waiting for that!! So far, no one has answers as to specifically what the problem and the fix is.

Good luck!
Mel

Old 10-29-2023, 09:11 AM
bigbanana
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mel9114cs
Hi .... I have a brand new 2024 911 4S, took delivery a couple of weeks ago. I have "Exactly" the same problem as you have shown in the video. Thank you so much for posting that video! I have had four 4S's in the past, 3 of them 992's, and none of them had this problem. The dealership is telling me wait for another new vehicle to to come in, and they will see if they can reproduce the same problem. Well... that could take many weeks due to the supply chain shortage. They mentioned that Porsche will probably come out with a software fix for this..... well, good luck waiting for that!! So far, no one has answers as to specifically what the problem and the fix is.

Good luck!
Mel
I contact 3 guys who has the same problem in my country, none of them fix this (this sound may come from engine). I found almost all new 2023 992 in China have this problem,but the noise of my 992 is the loudest . Any ideas how to let Porsche know this? And let me know if you have any solutions. I will buy racechip to have a try.
Old 10-29-2023, 09:17 AM
bigbanana
AutoX

Originally Posted by MrOhnoez
Only 992's I havent heard this sound in is in manual ones.
Makes me think it's some PDK chatter or something.
I never paid attention to it but had a customer mention it in july and suddenly I notice it in every 911 I've driven just because I was made aware of it.
Yse,I found almost all new 992 have this problem after i drave 10+ 992. Unfortunately,the noise of my 992s is the loudest.
Old 10-29-2023, 09:55 AM
HudsonOH992GTS
Instructor

Received 310 Likes on 90 Posts

Mine is Manual and I have had this since the day I drove out of the dealer in July was 15 miles on the car. Dealer acknowledged that this is not normal as the sound occurs whether the car is engaged in the transmission or in neutral over bumps. At this point just drive it but file a case w Porsche. These parts (engine mounts, if they are in fact the fix) are globally unavailable. My car has been in the shop for 4 weeks. Parts still need to be produced. I am taking it back tomorrow and waiting for the parts to be available before I try again. Not my dealer’s fault. I also called 1 800 Porsche and filed a case.

Last edited by HudsonOH992GTS; 10-29-2023 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:02 AM
bigbanana
AutoX

Originally Posted by HudsonOH992GTS
At this point just drive it but file a case w Porsche. These parts (engine mounts, if they are in fact the fix) are globally unavailable. My car has been in the shop for 4 weeks. Parts still need to be produced. I am taking it back tomorrow and waiting for the parts to be available before I try again. Not my dealer’s fault. I also called 1 800 Porsche and file a case.
Your 992 has this noise too?
Old 10-29-2023, 10:04 AM
HudsonOH992GTS
Instructor

Received 310 Likes on 90 Posts

Your 992 has this noise too?
Yes. I edited my post above to include that portion. This is an irritant, not a fatal flaw in the car. It will be interesting to see how Porsche and all of us actually resolve this issue.
Old 10-29-2023, 07:29 PM
CapitanoAR
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi folks,

I was reading carefully last days this thread and I was listening into my 992 (April/2023) carefully same last days. Did since the post about 500 miles. I tried to reproduce or hear on mine with normal mode, sport, sport plus (cold/hot engine) and I tried basically every combination with exhaust valve open/close etc.

I have to say I am very sensitive on any abnormal noise and I can confirm definitely mine isn’t having that noise at all.

I am very sorry for you. I would definitely insist to my dealership to fix this what you show in your video.

good luck 🍀

The following users liked this post:
Schwarz992C4S (12-13-2023)
Old 10-29-2023, 10:57 PM
Gustavo-BR
Track Day

992Carreras ,When rpm 1500-1700,Lightly press the accelerator,can hear this snoring sound very clearly,please watch my YouTube video here https://youtu.be/KSnCmatyJpU?si=f-HEFW4W1ueqqQ1x. This drives me crazy,my dealer can't solve it. I drive around ten 992 in my dealer and found all 992 have this noise but noise from new 992 is louder than second hand 992. Dose this sounds right?
Hi friends,

I have a 992 Turbo 2021. My car started to make this cricket noise at 3100km and I m very disapointed with it. Looks like Im using a defective car . The dealer told me thats normal, but when I bought it and ultil 3100km this cricket noise was not there, so, I dont believe its normal. Normal is not have this cricket noise.

The ideal is to listen or film in a quiet place and inside a garage or with side walls so as not to disperse the sound.

If you have same problem, you have to complain not to the dealership, but directly to the manufacturer !

I sent email to : customer.relations@porsche.de

Everyone should send an email to the manufacturer to see if they can issue a recall or at least provide a solution.

Please, watch the video below.

Attached Files
File Type: avi
1.avi (6.77 MB, 40 views)
Old 10-30-2023, 12:37 AM
Mel9114cs
Track Day

Originally Posted by CapitanoAR
Hi folks,

I was reading carefully last days this thread and I was listening into my 992 (April/2023) carefully same last days. Did since the post about 500 miles. I tried to reproduce or hear on mine with normal mode, sport, sport plus (cold/hot engine) and I tried basically every combination with exhaust valve open/close etc.

I have to say I am very sensitive on any abnormal noise and I can confirm definitely mine isn’t having that noise at all.

I am very sorry for you. I would definitely insist to my dealership to fix this what you show in your video.

good luck 🍀
It seems to be an issue with the new 2024 911/4S models.

Old 10-30-2023, 12:44 AM
Mel9114cs
Track Day

Originally Posted by CapitanoAR
Hi folks,

good luck 🍀
duplicate - sorry

Last edited by Mel9114cs; 10-30-2023 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 10-30-2023, 06:47 AM
Gustavo-BR
Track Day

Originally Posted by Mel9114cs
It seems to be an issue with the new 2024 911/4S models.

My car is 2021 and has this noise also.
Old 10-30-2023, 07:01 AM
jezzaa
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ilgio
but you don't hear it in the video. that metallic scraping noise when he gestures with his hand?
just re watched the video on earphones and can hear that thumping noise now, if that’s what the noise in question is. Never heard it in my base 992 or I simply never noticed it
Old 10-30-2023, 09:07 AM
bigbanana
AutoX

Originally Posted by Gustavo-BR
Hi friends,

I have a 992 Turbo 2021. My car started to make this cricket noise at 3100km and I m very disapointed with it. Looks like Im using a defective car . The dealer told me thats normal, but when I bought it and ultil 3100km this cricket noise was not there, so, I dont believe its normal. Normal is not have this cricket noise.

The ideal is to listen or film in a quiet place and inside a garage or with side walls so as not to disperse the sound.

If you have same problem, you have to complain not to the dealership, but directly to the manufacturer !

I sent email to : customer.relations@porsche.de

Everyone should send an email to the manufacturer to see if they can issue a recall or at least provide a solution.

Please, watch the video below.

Cricket noise from your car is different from the noise what i said. All 992 have this cricket noise but yours is obvious.
Old 10-31-2023, 08:02 AM
bigbanana
AutoX

anyone else has this problem?
Old 12-10-2023, 03:34 PM
nicolacana
Track Day

anyone else has this problem?
I have this problem too. The same metallic rattling noise below 2k rpm and coming from the rear.
Its a 992 "base" model coupe bought new from official Porsche Dealership and I heard this from the day one.
(The day one was a week ago).
That noises disappears with cold engine and appears after a 10/15 minutes ride.

have you solved this? or, at least, know where does it come from?
thanks

Quick Reply: HELP!New 992 engine noise!(youtube video with sound)