Sponsored by:

My GTS Build & Questions - Locks this Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2023, 11:13 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,442 Likes on 698 Posts

Originally Posted by pal
Another question I had for you all is whether the car comes by default with auto stop/start, and whether there is an off setting? On my 2023 Supra, I had to code in "memory" for the auto stop start functionality so it would remember between restarts that I don't like it
Depending on your options, the car comes with either 1 or 2 programmable buttons. I used one of my 2 programmable buttons to disable the auto start/stop. The other button I used for previous station. These buttons can be very useful, and you have to decide what to use them for.
The following 2 users liked this post by Staffie Guy:
pal (10-03-2023), slwong23 (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 11:29 AM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 472 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by pal
Thanks for the responses. Let me take a crack at explaining my thinking, as well as point out where you may be changing my mind

Power Folding Mirrors: My work parking lot gets quite full, and while on most days I get in early enough to find good corner spots, sometimes I don't or am parked next to a big SUV or truck. Ability to fold the mirrors while touching the door handle to lock the car has been a nice convenience.

Prep for Dashcam: I've never had a dashcam in any of my cars, but seeing this option seemed interesting to at least have the option for one down the line that is OE. I am not sold on this though, so open to skipping. What have you heard about this spdracerut?

Premium Package: I've disabled lane change assist on my current cars as its seems more of an annoyance, than not for various reasons. Is there an option to disable this through the menu that is remembered across restarts? Surround View seems interesting, but a rear camera and parking sensors all around seem to work well, so figured it was not a must have. If lane change assist can be disabled, I will reconsider the Premium Package - ambient lights inside could be a cool touch at times, and it gives me the other stuff (Bose, power folding mirrors).

Extended Range Fuel Tank: As one of my buddies said, :"Do you ever think "this car's fuel tank is too big" or "gosh, I sure wish I could go to gas stations more often"". Also, I plan to track the car down the line, and being able to run an entire morning or afternoon without needing to run to the gas station would be nice. I did not know about rattles from the extended range tank, though it looks like they may have been resolved. I will search around for this.

RAS: Mixed reviews and feedback on this. People of have it either love it, are agnostic to it, or some of the track folks find it an additional thing between their inputs and the car's response to learn when approaching the limits. I figured the 911 has a short wheelbase and a decent turning radius, 911 handling tech has been refined over the years, so I will trust the basics and avoid another electro mechanical thing that can break down the line, and adds a little weight. Not wanting to open any debate here, but I think this one boiled down to informed preference.

Matrix Headlights w/PDLS+: I've been reading that laws in the US are close to, or have changed, to allow full use of these, specifically the smart high beams. But I could be wrong. Laws aside, don't the PDLS lights have the look-around-corners capability which the regular LEDs don't? Are they any brighter or provide better visibility at night under normal low-beam situations? Of course, there is the higher cost of replacement down the line which is also a reason to not get them. Again, not super sold on this, so happy to be talked out of them.

Lane Change Assist is just the yellow on the mirrors. It isn't the jerk you back into your lane system.

I have the standard premium package lights on my GTS and they do auto-high and turn with the steering wheel. I added tinted PPF over them and now they have the blacked out look.

Last edited by adrianp89; 10-03-2023 at 11:31 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by adrianp89:
MJCGT3-14 (10-03-2023), pal (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 12:15 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,334 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Originally Posted by adrianp89
Get Premium, ditch the headlights. If you want the black look - that can be done very cheap aftermarket.
It’s already black on GTS.
The following users liked this post:
pal (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 12:24 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 807 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
Because when you track your car and you're getting 10-13 mpg and gas at the track is $10+/gallon that's why.

NO rattles on my extended range tank and I'm at 10,500 miles since April.
Glad it has worked for you because a quick search reveals there are numerous owners with the rattle. As for me, a fuel mule and lighter car work for the track, but you mileage varies.

________________________________________________________________________ ____
Three pedals are for pianos.

Last edited by Vicbastige; 10-03-2023 at 12:33 PM.
pal (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 01:45 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

If you like it all black. That is a personal choice. If you want some pop, can add colored seat belts and Tachometer/Clock. I agree with skipping the carbon fiber roof.

I would skip the PDLS+ unless you live outside the US. If you are getting it for the looks go for it.

Would definitely add the premium package to get surround view and Lane Change Assist.
​​
My GTS build just locked few days ago.
​​​​​​https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRTI9238

Last edited by jack_carls0n; 10-03-2023 at 01:47 PM.
pal (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 02:01 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 210 Posts

Also highly recommend the Premium Package. LCA is helpful and as someone else mentioned, uses a light indicator on the two side mirrors to help with your blind spot. Not sure if it can be turned off completely, but you can adjust the light setting (low, medium, high). I wonder if you're thinking Lane Keep Assist which prompts you with a slight jerk of the wheel when the car thinks you may be veering into another lane? Surround View is one of those options (IMO of course) that once you have it and grow accustomed to it, you'll never want to be without it. Both along with Bose/Folding Mirrors makes the Prem Package well worth it.

Congrats and good luck with the final decision!

Last edited by slwong23; 10-03-2023 at 02:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-03-2023, 02:16 PM
cwbrown
Racer

Received 344 Likes on 131 Posts

Gotta say looks nice to me....close to my build.
Folding mirrors; would pass as they don's give that much more space.
LED matrix; not sure if they are needed.
Axle lift; not needed for me and I have steep drive and lots of speed bumps in the area.

pal (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 02:31 PM
samsnc
Advanced

Received 70 Likes on 20 Posts

If you truly want the black-on-black-on-black then go for the painted calipers in black as well. That would make it look more like knight rider.
pal (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 03:29 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,464 Likes on 803 Posts

Non matrix pdls+ (standard lights) do look around corners.

Echoing others -- Premium pak is a *must*. LCA can just be ignored. It's just lights. But it's very useful and should not be ignored.
Old 10-03-2023, 03:48 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 956 Posts

Originally Posted by samsnc
If you truly want the black-on-black-on-black then go for the painted calipers in black as well. That would make it look more like knight rider.
And one of these for the hood.

pal (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 05:14 PM
johnohara
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Opinions nbased on My 2023 C2 GTS

RAS Yes
Leather GT Steering wheel
FAL No
PDCC No
Ext Range FT .. have it... no issues... No
Bose Yes
Folding Mirrors Yes
The following 2 users liked this post by johnohara:
Charles Everson (10-09-2023), pal (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 05:40 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,656 Likes on 949 Posts

Originally Posted by johnohara
Opinions nbased on My 2023 C2 GTS

RAS Yes
Leather GT Steering wheel
FAL No
PDCC No
Ext Range FT .. have it... no issues... No
Bose Yes
Folding Mirrors Yes

Why “no” on the extended range fuel tank if you have not had any issues?
pal (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 07:25 PM
pal
Racer

Received 219 Likes on 106 Posts

Well, I actually like lane change assist as you all describe it. The rest of the manufacturers call it blind spot assist and that’s why I was thrown off. I don’t want the jerk bot that jerks my wheel to keep me in a lane. OK. Added Premium Package and removed PDLS+.

You all are giving me second thoughts on the extended range fuel tank. Don’t want the rattles, which appear to have been fixed. As for weight, I can always fill up 16 galls to be close to the weight of the regular tank.

Minor nit question. Is smokers package worth it? Seems like a way to get a cupholder / enclosed storage for little things. Does not seem useful as a cupholder as the location is odd.

Old 10-03-2023, 07:26 PM
pal
Racer

This is pretty darn neat! Factory part?

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
And one of these for the hood.

Old 10-03-2023, 07:33 PM
pal
Racer

When you have a few mins, please can you share some pics of the standard racetex interior please. Specially, the dash binnacle, door cards, the space around the shifter, and the roof (interior of course). Wondering if the leather package is worth it or not.

Originally Posted by jack_carls0n
​​My GTS build just locked few days ago.
​​​​​​https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRTI9238

Quick Reply: My GTS Build & Questions - Locks this Weekend