Sponsored by:

992 C2S Winter driving in Colorado Foothills

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2023, 04:35 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 690 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
When I went to order I got an allocation at Prestige but before that I was also talking to someone at Littleton. Knew the guy as a family member had bought a car from him previously. He insisted on a range for my C2S build to come out at or it would be frowned upon and I may not get the allocation. He also talked to me like I was an idiot and he was my best friend. I couldn't go back there.

I typically run comforts on my summers and up the PSI a little for winter just to avoid the TPMS warnings on cold days.
prestige didn't want to talk.

ittleton put me on a "list" and called me with allocation while my car was on the boat. no deposit, no minimum spend.

springs, where i bought, put in a demand order which showed up in my myporsche portal the day i paid a small deposit. no minimum spend, no pushback when i declined all the extras and financing they offered. they didn't even ask for a trade or anything.

funny how small interactions can have an impact.
The following users liked this post:
joydrive (09-22-2023)
Old 08-16-2024, 12:12 AM
TheSunTheSea
Advanced

Received 123 Likes on 42 Posts

I’m less concerned about traction in the winter and more about sand / mag chloride. I intend to drive my 992.1 T at least once a month this winter as we get a lot of sunny days in Denver, but a bit worried about getting my car sandblasted even though I have PPF. At the end of the day I love driving my car and don’t intend to keep it in garage for 7 months
Old 08-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Jockey
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSunTheSea
I’m less concerned about traction in the winter and more about sand / mag chloride. I intend to drive my 992.1 T at least once a month this winter as we get a lot of sunny days in Denver, but a bit worried about getting my car sandblasted even though I have PPF. At the end of the day I love driving my car and don’t intend to keep it in garage for 7 months
I live in the mountains of Utah and I'm still able to drive mine 8 months out of the year. For the few times I would drive it in the winter it's not worth the cost of a winter set of wheels and tires.
Old 08-16-2024, 01:12 PM
TheSunTheSea
Advanced

Received 123 Likes on 42 Posts

Yep, I don't plan to really drive it in the winter regularly, so I'm with you about not getting a winter set (I have a daily for that). Mostly hoping to take the 911 out at least once a month on the weekends as we do get some pretty nice sunny days throughout the winters in Colorado (for one, I love driving it. Also, I want to make sure the car gets on the road at least once a month and not stay dormant in the garage). What I'm thinking is to just make sure it's been a few days since the last snow to ensure all that rock/sand/MgCl2 has had a chance to get washed off the road as much as possible. Do you have to worry about that out in Utah?
Old 08-17-2024, 03:32 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 956 Posts

I have winter tires that I put on my oem wheels in the winter. $2k cost and $90 2x a year to swap them. I can then drive year round. 3 years old. 15k miles. I live in Denver. C2S.

The reasons you want winter tires:

1. Summers are not good below 45-50 degrees or so. And below 40-45 degrees is not good for the rubber.

2. By getting a winter set you get the proper traction for anything unpredictable Colorado weather throws at you AND your summer tires will last longer.

I’m really surprise anyone is driving 8 months of the year in Utah mountains and risking summer tires on the road in colder temps.
Old 08-17-2024, 11:52 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 690 Likes on 325 Posts

A friend of mine in Denver would drive on his summers all year round. One of his tires failed and he was told it was from running summer rubber in the cold.

The lack of traction in colder weather alone is reason enough for a winter set.

Quick Reply: 992 C2S Winter driving in Colorado Foothills