Sponsored by:

Small dog seat for 992?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 10:31 PM
Gr33n
Instructor

Received 330 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Small dog seat for 992?

Hello folks. I am adopting a small dog next week (a 4.7kg Japanese Chin), and I would like to have him as my occasional co-pilot on drives. Things have changed a lot in the 14 years since I last owned a dog, and it seems there are all kinds of dog car seats, boosters, backrest-hanging perches, and safety belts. Since he's on the small side, I was looking more at the boosted options, but since everything comes in multiple shapes and sizes I figured I'd ask the crowd about their experience and what forum members are using for petite front seat canine passengers. Also, can I turn off the passenger airbag or is it automatically activated via weight sensor? Would definitely want that disabled for the pooch, and is probably why some of the options I found don't touch the seat. Photos from Amazon attached for reference, and please spare me the snarky comments about small dogs versus big manly dogs that can pull Amish buggies, swim the English Channel, and fend off entire hoards of approaching Mongols - living in a Tokyo highrise comes with size restrictions and I can't have a macho dog and have already made peace with the situation.

Last edited by Gr33n; 08-28-2023 at 10:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Small dog seat for 992?