Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homelink - not that bad, has it been updated?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2023, 08:54 AM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
The screen is also poorly responsive to press or touch so some fondling is required. The GPS works 3 out of 4, so it's a win in Porsche software territory.
Honestly, this is what annoys me the most about using the screen for "pressing" the Homelink button on the PCM screen on my 2023 992. Luckily, the programmable button works well. Totally agree on the strange ergonomic and design decision to get rid of the physical button like on my Macan.

Or, they should have programmed the GPS enabled Homelink like Tesla to trigger within a programmed distance of the programmed location automatically...truly "handsfree" Homelink.
Old 08-29-2023, 10:07 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,408 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999
Sounds like the 992 for 2020 and 2021.

Porsche got the driving dynamics spot on. The rest was apparently done by new engineers who have never driven a car. There are so many little “are you kidding me?” things on this car.
Amen to that-like door straps that don't work, dash that can't be fully seen, subsecond clock that can't be read at night, heated steering wheels that barely heat up on some cars, homelink that can be difficult to program, etc etc. However that car is a dream to drive.
Old 08-29-2023, 10:07 AM
adrianp89
Pro

Received 421 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
I tried to set up Homelink in the new 992 once and couldn't get it working. No issues with our other two vehicles, I'll have to try it again next time I head out. At this point, I have the diamond button on the wheel set to bring up the camera and the one on the dash to turn off auto start/stop.

This is a great idea, assume you use Siri to open the garage?
Most of the time, yes. "Hey Siri, open the Garage Door". CarPlay will put the GarageDoor opener button on your main screen when you get close to home as well. I picked this up and it's been flawless:
Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
slwong23 (08-29-2023)
Old 08-29-2023, 02:39 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,270 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
Amen to that-like door straps that don't work, dash that can't be fully seen, subsecond clock that can't be read at night, heated steering wheels that barely heat up on some cars, homelink that can be difficult to program, etc etc. However that car is a dream to drive.
haha... my car is brand new but I turned on the heated steering wheel last night and thought "thats it?" homelink works great for me though as long as I"m willing to use a diamond key for it. So at least they heard the customer frustrations and improved something. my only other real gripe is that its hilariously awkward to have a drink in the cup holder and use the manual gearbox.
Old 08-29-2023, 04:05 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 409 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
my only other real gripe is that its hilariously awkward to have a drink in the cup holder and use the manual gearbox.
I bought one of these early last year and it fits most of my needs. Website is janky and it probably won't work for a smaller drinks, but I rarely ever use the center cupholder and normally have the square pocket in place with my phone in it.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:35 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 127 Posts

Just setup Homelink for my new 24 911. Very easy.

Quick Reply: Homelink - not that bad, has it been updated?