992 base 6s 60-130

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 08:28 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
lol not in the traditional sense, but the F488 driver isn't expecting the base 992 next to him to pull on him when the traffic opens up
No one outside of the Porsche fanboy/fangirl circle can tell the difference between the various 911 trims. To the general public, it’s all the same car.
The following users liked this post:
vg247 (09-04-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 11:46 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,946 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by baldwinflyer
base with aero kit…some hate it some love it lol.
Wow! Your 60-130 times were already bonkers but you have an aerokit too? I'll bet if you went to a non-aerokit rear wing, you could knock off .2 - .3 secs from your 60-130 times.

But, personally, I wouldn't change a thing. The aerokit is bad-a** and your car has the power to back up the looks.

BTW ignore the haters. There are many here who appreciate your modding philosophy and are following this thread to learn and see you push the envelope.
vg247 (09-04-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 12:12 PM
superbeastjeff
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 992 turbo S

Just tuned my car with Emre from ES motor and put an exhaust on it

felt like I was flying
Old 11-16-2023, 12:21 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 509 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by superbeastjeff
Just tuned my car with Emre from ES motor and put an exhaust on it

felt like I was flying
Well... I mean this is a TTS right? lol
Old 11-16-2023, 02:41 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 745 Likes on 333 Posts

Geez that's quick, OP. A full second quicker 60-130 than my car on a 93 map with sport cats. I wonder how much difference the 93 map would make for you. Last time I did some data logging I found my peak boost pressure was ~27psi. But I'm guessing my car weighs substantially more too – I was not discerning when it came to the options and PCCBs are the only thing I picked that reduces weight.
Old 12-09-2023, 01:48 PM
recarv
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I’ll run a fresh pure 93 map (not the 93+ map) 60-130 run so we can see how that compares too.

i’ll grab the handheld and log data.
I'd be down for a log peak if you have one - those times are great, ESMotor seems to have the sauce, don't mind the mod haters here. I'm sure they'll chime back in here soon - they need not worry about my VIN, I'm not planning on selling mine. I just picked up a manual GTS (so likely never a contender for best 60-130, but I don't really care about the number) and threw a Mengineering tune on it given I'm a big fan of Mitch McKee's work and transparency and will likely mess with their E85 tunes as well, but it looks like ES has put in serious work on this platform too. My other car is an 800whp RS7 with all the mods and Dynospectrum tune platform - modding it turned me into a log junkie to see what actually works vs fluff and/or breaking things

Future mods (already on order) on the GTS for install early next year once I'm acquainted with the car a bit more. My goal is to get TurboS performance in a manual. If I coulda got a turboS with a manual I woulda, but this will be fun to do regardless. Number one priority will be to make this safe and repeatable, understanding that its modded. Contrary to many folks, I'm a believer that you can mod and not take huge risks, just gotta be sensible and not cut corners or ignore warnings.

do88 intercooler big pack w/ meth bungs pre-tapped (https://www.do88performance.com/en/a...rrera-992.html) -- I ordered direct and they're awesome - shipped immediately and super responsive, but be aware there is a $172 import duty you'll get with when it comes to customs. Makes buying from SoulPP or other here a bit cheaper i bet. I'll post some logs of IAts before and after this when it gets installed so folks can see how much IATs really change and if that helps maintain power. Hoping I'll get all I can/need outta the turbos with this and E50 without having to hook up meth. Not against it, I run it on my RS7 for fueling and cooling, but its a little bit a of a pain to tune when you're not just tuning for a fast 60-130 or 1/4mi (things like kickdowns, and rally type stuff) number.

SoullPP - headers, de-cat link pipes, valved exhaust. I'm hoping the headers in particular will get better turbo response (they're same for the Turbo, so they have to handle the flow on that motor..) since boost on these GTS turbos doesn't hit full bang until 4k. If I can get that down 500 rpms I'll be happy as a pig in sh*t

IPD Plenum -- we'll see what this does. (https://flat6motorsports.com/collect...-carrera-s-gts) If you look at the before/after gains on flat6 research, this is the ONLY MOD that provided gains (on stock tune of course) vs stock in the 4k range. Link pipes and exhaust all helps out in lower and higher in revs, but this seems to free up the point of max torque, which I find interesting, so we'll see I guess.

BMS filters -- wasn't sure the do88 intakes would give much more for the $, so we'll just run these for now.
New plugs 0.022 gap - for eventual E85

If anyone knows how the MT clutch is stacked for holding power, I'd love to hear it.
Old 12-09-2023, 07:13 PM
mattchow
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by recarv
I'd be down for a log peak if you have one - those times are great, ESMotor seems to have the sauce, don't mind the mod haters here. I'm sure they'll chime back in here soon - they need not worry about my VIN, I'm not planning on selling mine. I just picked up a manual GTS (so likely never a contender for best 60-130, but I don't really care about the number) and threw a Mengineering tune on it given I'm a big fan of Mitch McKee's work and transparency and will likely mess with their E85 tunes as well, but it looks like ES has put in serious work on this platform too. My other car is an 800whp RS7 with all the mods and Dynospectrum tune platform - modding it turned me into a log junkie to see what actually works vs fluff and/or breaking things

Future mods (already on order) on the GTS for install early next year once I'm acquainted with the car a bit more. My goal is to get TurboS performance in a manual. If I coulda got a turboS with a manual I woulda, but this will be fun to do regardless. Number one priority will be to make this safe and repeatable, understanding that its modded. Contrary to many folks, I'm a believer that you can mod and not take huge risks, just gotta be sensible and not cut corners or ignore warnings.

do88 intercooler big pack w/ meth bungs pre-tapped (https://www.do88performance.com/en/a...rrera-992.html) -- I ordered direct and they're awesome - shipped immediately and super responsive, but be aware there is a $172 import duty you'll get with when it comes to customs. Makes buying from SoulPP or other here a bit cheaper i bet. I'll post some logs of IAts before and after this when it gets installed so folks can see how much IATs really change and if that helps maintain power. Hoping I'll get all I can/need outta the turbos with this and E50 without having to hook up meth. Not against it, I run it on my RS7 for fueling and cooling, but its a little bit a of a pain to tune when you're not just tuning for a fast 60-130 or 1/4mi (things like kickdowns, and rally type stuff) number.

SoullPP - headers, de-cat link pipes, valved exhaust. I'm hoping the headers in particular will get better turbo response (they're same for the Turbo, so they have to handle the flow on that motor..) since boost on these GTS turbos doesn't hit full bang until 4k. If I can get that down 500 rpms I'll be happy as a pig in sh*t

IPD Plenum -- we'll see what this does. (https://flat6motorsports.com/collect...-carrera-s-gts) If you look at the before/after gains on flat6 research, this is the ONLY MOD that provided gains (on stock tune of course) vs stock in the 4k range. Link pipes and exhaust all helps out in lower and higher in revs, but this seems to free up the point of max torque, which I find interesting, so we'll see I guess.

BMS filters -- wasn't sure the do88 intakes would give much more for the $, so we'll just run these for now.
New plugs 0.022 gap - for eventual E85

If anyone knows how the MT clutch is stacked for holding power, I'd love to hear it.
dont forget turbo inlet pipes unless you go with the APR intake.

I have the Soul Headers and Soul full valveless exhaust on mine, according to M Engineering, I should go back to stock headers and the full valveless exhaust for the best combination to make the most power out of the setup, have you heard otherwise? it would be nice to hear what others are encountering before I choose which header setup to use with the GTS turbos.

Last edited by mattchow; 12-09-2023 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-09-2023, 08:01 PM
William992
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

What does es charge for the gts turbos + tube roughly? I also saw a lce tune which was around 10k euro for the same amount of power..
Old 12-09-2023, 11:51 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

you did not tell me why you think this, what you stated is internet knowledge, except track times have A LOT to do with power to weight.

So tell me why a 992 base that weighs a lot less than a TTS, wearing the same rubber will be so horrible to turn compare to that TTS? Tell me what components the TTS has that will greatly make up for its extra 300-400lbs and be noticed when it comes to its handling ability. Spring rate and even CCB vs the weight savings is a toss up. AWD is questionable at best when it comes to best handling. Not to mention you will never be able to approach even 8/10th on the street and most wont even be able to extract that on track.
As an owner of a 992 gt3 and a 992 turbo s and a previous owner of a 992 carrera s with spasm and rws….

you have no idea what you are taking about

the turbo s an animal. Pdcc, rear suspension, wider track, wider tires and all wheel drive make it handle significantly better than the carrera ever will.

Please don’t pawn this narrative that a base carrera with a tune is magical.. it’s not. Porsche tested the carrera with a certain amount of power. Even the gts has different suspension architecture.
Old 12-10-2023, 12:10 AM
recarv
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

That actually is what I've seen Mengineering state. Its not overlooked that the stock headers are not equal length and there likely is optimized scavenging going on. For sure the headers are not a big power addition, so I may leave headers stock initially to separate out variables.
mattchow (12-10-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 base 6s 60-130