Sponsored by:

Heritage Design Interior regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2023, 10:45 PM
emilpecheny
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RJR88
I pulled the trigger. I am doing it. It is going out to get ceramic coated and PPF before we take delivery. Very excited.
this was @porschewarrington I assume. Saw it there this morning! Beautiful spec.
The following users liked this post:
RJR88 (08-15-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 10:54 PM
cgaites
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 99 Posts

I regret that the Heritage Design Interior was beyond my budget. Does that count?

Seriously though, I think it is a beautiful interior. Congrats to anyone who has one (or who has one on order).
Old 08-15-2023, 08:14 AM
RJR88
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by emilpecheny
this was @porschewarrington I assume. Saw it there this morning! Beautiful spec.
Yes Warrington. They are sending it down to Menard’s for the Ceramic coat and Front PPF I am trading a 2020 C2S Cab. They were fair on the pricing for this crazy market.
Old 08-15-2023, 08:37 AM
emilpecheny
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RJR88
Yes Warrington. They are sending it down to Menard’s for the Ceramic coat and Front PPF I am trading a 2020 C2S Cab. They were fair on the pricing for this crazy market.
I buy all my 992’s from them and they always take care of their customers. Menards is the best. Have had them do 4 of my cars in full PPF over the last 2 years. You won’t be disappointed! Who is your sales person?
Old 08-15-2023, 08:55 AM
RJR88
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by emilpecheny
I buy all my 992’s from them and they always take care of their customers. Menards is the best. Have had them do 4 of my cars in full PPF over the last 2 years. You won’t be disappointed! Who is your sales person?
Mike A
Old 08-15-2023, 08:57 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

ordered the black version on our PTS sport classic and an incoming targa.
Old 08-15-2023, 09:27 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 575 Posts

best interior from Porsche .It suits the Turbo S fairly well as it elevates the feel of the interior to a 250 k Plus car
Had mine for 6 months , still looks mint
and people forget the other stuff that goes with it , like the green dials , quality of the leather seems better , and the 911 logo on dash
mashoutposse (04-04-2024)
Old 08-15-2023, 09:55 AM
Billy Bluejay
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
ordered the black version on our PTS sport classic and an incoming targa.
can you share build code on your incoming sport classic?
Old 08-15-2023, 11:44 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
Pay more for fabric, when leather is 4x more durable. Go figure. Oh, wait...it's "Historic".....nevermind.
with how little some of these cars are driven I’m not sure ‘durable’ is a word that comes to the buyers mind. But to be frank photos don’t do it justice, it’s one of those finishes that needs to be seen in the flesh.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:52 PM
Emosgarage
Instructor

Received 302 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete
I've had my cognac flavor for several months and 2k miles on the clock. It really completes the car but the leather is not forgiving. I had a few drops of sweat drop on the armrest while installing/hardwiring my radar detector and dash cam, which darkened the pigment. This was even after a Colorlock Shield application. I also have had some discoloration to the door panels from shoes brushing them getting out of the car. I had a stain on the fabric seat portion but was able to scrub it out pretty easily. The discolorations do not bother me terribly but I may consider getting the black version if doing it over again given how I use the vehicle.
same for me. I’ve had it 4 months now and have 5500 miles on it. I love the interior, and people really seem to like it when I have it out. the downsides to me are (1) the easy staining (little drops of anything seem to discolor like the person above said) and (2) the fabric can be rough on your skin/chafing back of legs in shorts (this is on a 3+ hour drive) and (3) no ventilated seat option with the fabric inserts. I would have liked having vented seats. Also I have avoided wearing dark jeans in it for fear of discoloring the white on the fabric. Still,
despite all that, I’m glad I got it and very happy with it and love how the combo looks on my Gentian Blue 4S.
Billy Bluejay (08-15-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 01:00 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

I have had 2 992s thus far, and a number of gens before these. My current 992 has the sport tek cloth (I love it), the first just plain black leather. I have put my name down for another 992 allocation (another targa) but I am going PTS and this heritage interior. I love it and with various colors - I like it much better than my sport tek, which is excellent in both summer and winter and it is wearing great. I wish I got my 2022 992 Targa allocation (about 6 months later) when this was available, that way I would not have to get another 992. I like it that much.. Also want at PTS as well so not just the heritage interior, but a big reason.
Old 08-15-2023, 01:33 PM
Billy Bluejay
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
I have had 2 992s thus far, and a number of gens before these. My current 992 has the sport tek cloth (I love it), the first just plain black leather. I have put my name down for another 992 allocation (another targa) but I am going PTS and this heritage interior. I love it and with various colors - I like it much better than my sport tek, which is excellent in both summer and winter and it is wearing great. I wish I got my 2022 992 Targa allocation (about 6 months later) when this was available, that way I would not have to get another 992. I like it that much.. Also want at PTS as well so not just the heritage interior, but a big reason.
lease share build code of the targa you’ll order
Old 08-15-2023, 01:54 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,134 Likes on 1,462 Posts

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete
I've had my cognac flavor for several months and 2k miles on the clock. It really completes the car but the leather is not forgiving. I had a few drops of sweat drop on the armrest while installing/hardwiring my radar detector and dash cam, which darkened the pigment. This was even after a Colorlock Shield application. I also have had some discoloration to the door panels from shoes brushing them getting out of the car. I had a stain on the fabric seat portion but was able to scrub it out pretty easily. The discolorations do not bother me terribly but I may consider getting the black version if doing it over again given how I use the vehicle.
That spotting or discoloration from moisture / water / sweat will likely work itself out over time, just leave it alone and don't fuss on it. Sometimes it can take 6 months to a year for those to disappear, but they will. Just don't scrub on it is all. That Cognac leather is a semi-aniline. Do a regular cleaning and conditioning on the leather using the correct products and you're good to go.
Billy Bluejay (08-15-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 02:00 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace

At this point I'm within a couple of weeks of delivery (ship is in the pacific half way up the mexican coast). This interior was what finally made me pull the trigger on my targa (and delay a ferrari roma order I had in). Was going to wait for a .2 car but wasn't sure this interior option would survive the LCI.
Old 08-15-2023, 02:15 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Bluejay
lease share build code of the targa you’ll order
Here it is - not showing the Oak Green Metallic but this is the configuration...PP8FIAY5

Quick Reply: Heritage Design Interior regrets?