Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2023 | 08:14 PM
Winnetka
Rennlist Member

Default Clearance

Using the Porsche Build tool, looking at a 2023 911 GT3, I like the appearance of the clearance, the car sits perfectly for me personally, but the 911 Carrera S, which I'm in the market for sits too high for my liking and I don't see any way to get the car to sit low enough like the GT3.

Aside from buying a GT3, which isn't an option for me, what are some popular (sensible) options to lower the vehicle to my liking? Is it feasible for a brand-new car? Or do I have to address this as an after-market effort? Attached is a pick of a 2023 911 GT3 and a 2023 911 Carrera S. I realize the difference is subtle to some but I personally feel it makes a ton of difference with the lower clearance making the car look so much better. I wanted to pose the question before I go down the after-market rabit hole. I see a link for lowered 992 vehicles with a variety of coils spings and spacer kits so I know it's feasible after-market but it would be even better if I could make the dealer do this for me.

Thanks,
W

Last edited by Winnetka; 07-16-2023 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2023 | 08:26 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Lots of threads on lowering your 992, but I chose the Bilstein EVO coilover kit because our suspension systems are designed by Bilstein and their EVO coilovers are a direct replacement for the stock springs and shocks and are designed to integrate with all Porsche electronics without issue. I've had mine for about 1.5 yrs and almost 9K miles and they have performed very well and provide stock like, if not better, ride quality. They also have a great degree of height adjustability so you can run near stock height or slam it pretty low if that's your thing or just run at around GT3 height, which is about where mine sits. I don't have FAL and it's very daily drivable...

The following 3 users liked this post by AlterZgo:
Wilder (07-16-2023), Winnetka (07-16-2023), ZacapaXO (07-17-2023)
Old 07-16-2023 | 08:35 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Welcome. Doing a search before posting is a good idea as many of these topics have been addressed many times. Here's a good start: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1328...re-thread.html

I just lowered my car using Techart HAS kit. That or KW HAS, which makes it for Techart are the sensible ($1,500) and quality options without jumping into coilovers at $4k+. HAS kits are adjustable so you can set the height exactly where you want to, such as GT3 ride height which is where mine is at. To achieve that stance, you will also need aftermarket wheels with more aggressive offsets or spacers.

The following users liked this post:
Winnetka (07-16-2023)
Old 07-16-2023 | 08:58 PM
F8Driver
Pro

The lower the car, the more problems you have with variations in road surface. The S offers a 10mm lowering option, standard with the GTS. You can certainly go lower. If that's the case, you may want to option the Front Axle Lift to handle those instances when the car would scrape.

Quick Reply: Clearance